Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Future of Skyrim?

• 180 posts
    June 4, 2013 2:28 PM EDT

Skyrim is the first Elder scrolls game to include children npcs. Some of them are even involved in some of the games side quests. After completing "The Whispering Door" quest recently, I got to thinking: What do these children mean for not only the future of Skyrim; their homeland, but what part they could play in future Elder scrolls games?

I've decided to list a few of my theories of how these children could be seen as adults in the future games.

Aventus Arentino: A young orphan who after the death of a certain kindly old lady, has dreams of joining the Dark Brotherhood. Could the next game see us accepting contracts from Arentino? 

Nelkir: Lets face it: The Jarl's son is messed up. Not only that, he is in line to take over his fathers throne (If his brother and sister were out of the way...) and is already in contact with a Daedric prince. Maybe we will meet up with him in a future game on a quest for Mephala.

Braith: "I'm not afraid of you, ya know. Even if you are my Elder!" Braith is definitely not one to back down from a fight. Maybe we'll see her as a possible follower or even a bandit chief.

So tell me: What do you think of my theories and do you have any of your own?

• 1913 posts
    June 4, 2013 3:00 PM EDT
    I'd love to have brainy as a follower! That would be awesome (plus, if she gets out of line, I can then kill her!)
  • June 4, 2013 3:14 PM EDT

But think about this: Nelgir has a Daedric Prince at his back. So he could

A) Murder his sister, brother and uncle

B) Use trickery, deceit and lies to reach the throne!

• 1483 posts
    June 4, 2013 4:45 PM EDT

I'd like to see Braith as a bandit chief! She already want's to go to adventure with her father, but he doesn't let her. perhaps she'll run away, join a gang and become a chief!

There is a grim possibility for Nelkir to go crazy. He may grow more and more disconnected from his family and if Mephala one day stops her whispers he may go crazy, losing the only one close to him. If Balgruuf isn't a Jarl at that time he might even become a beggar and live in a place like Warrens.

Aventus returns to Orphanage after you kill the lady, so, my guess is he grows up surrounded with his friends for some time, then he gets adopted by some family and end up living a pretty ordinary life. Or, he may be adopted by a cruel family, he'll perform the Black Sacrament again on them and leave with the assassin to become one himself...

• June 4, 2013 4:50 PM EDT

Jorik (Jarl of Morthals son.) May ascend to the throne of Hjaalmarch and turn Morthal into a great city!

• 33 posts
    June 4, 2013 5:09 PM EDT

I could see Aventus as like a member of the Dark Brotherhood. I could see Nelkir killing someone or using Mephala to get his way to the throne. I could see Braith ending up as like a bandit, too. But here's the thing. What is the next ES game isn't in the time period? It could be hundreds of years later, or hundreds of years in the past, for all we know. And it'll probably take place in another place, so we probably won't know about these three, unless if they were to move to the next ES game place. They might just show up as easter eggs. Although, i would like to hear from them in the next game, as well as children in general. I like how they added them in Skyrim, and how you could adopt them with Hearthfire, but i think they should take it further next game. We should be able to get married, have kids/adopt them, or even be able to play as them.

• 3 posts
    June 6, 2013 7:01 PM EDT

Did you know the whispering door storyline was originally going to end with the jarl's children all being corrupted and murdering balgruf? It was cut from the final game obviously, but there's still some assets pertaining to the longer quest.

• 49 posts
    June 6, 2013 9:06 PM EDT

Yeah, it would be pretty cool to see Aretino as a listener/speaker.