Forums » The Lounge

Name your sword

• June 4, 2013 4:54 PM EDT

Yeah but guns are too mainstream, it's not as cool as owning swords :p Unless you own some AWM or M16 it ain't fun.

I just wish I had a scimitar as well, love those.

• Dyg
    • 16 posts
    June 4, 2013 4:56 PM EDT

Now what does that mean?

• 952 posts
    June 4, 2013 4:58 PM EDT

The lions claw. Reffering to both the lion of Flanders and Brabant. Also reffering to a line in the anthem of Flanders where the lion claws.

• 41 posts
    June 4, 2013 5:01 PM EDT

Agreed. I would love to have bastard swords in the game. Just imagine the possibilities...

• Dyg
    • 16 posts
    June 4, 2013 5:10 PM EDT

What language? I'm guessing klauw means claw...

• June 4, 2013 5:12 PM EDT

Stalhrim dagger named Frostbite.

• 131 posts
    June 4, 2013 5:15 PM EDT

My main character and RP character both have named their weapons or at least in my head they have. Although only Skyler (my main) actually carries a sword. :\

Skyler's Oathkeeper (or Od-Strun-Nah): A stalhrim sword forged on the cold, snowy island of Solstheim. Imbued with the power of frost magics the blade is used to cut down Skyler's enemies without hesitation. (Name means "Snow-Storm-Fury")

• 33 posts
    June 4, 2013 5:18 PM EDT

Scimitar named 'Curved Sword'...

• 952 posts
    June 4, 2013 5:22 PM EDT

Flemish-Dutch.

• 952 posts
    June 4, 2013 5:23 PM EDT

CURVED SWORDS.

• 291 posts
    June 4, 2013 7:09 PM EDT

Hmm...

A shortsword, shaped generally like an ebony sword, perhaps leaning more towards a scimitar.  The material would be Damascus steel  The hilt would be engraved with jade.  It would be relatively light and quick.  I'd call it "Nightbird".

Namely called such because of its speed, focus on slashing (like the beating of wings), and the dark color.  (Plus it makes me think of a line from a Fleetwood Mac song.)

• 144 posts
    June 4, 2013 7:16 PM EDT

I once named my skyforge steel sword Skjor after my fallen shield brother, and then another after Kodlak. I don't remember what enchantment I put on it... I think it was absorb health. 

• 41 posts
    June 4, 2013 7:19 PM EDT

Now that's what I'm talking about! Everybody started to say how they name their swords in the game. That's fine but what I REALLY asked was "How YOU would name YOUR sword". (only a few  did it right)

That's a fine blade you have there, btw.

• 11 posts
    June 4, 2013 7:24 PM EDT

The sword that I currently own, I call Soul Cutter. I call it that, because it has an elongated blade for a scimitar, which it is.

• 80 posts
    June 4, 2013 7:31 PM EDT

A silver sword called Moonlight.

• 168 posts
    June 4, 2013 7:53 PM EDT

My real-life sword is called "Squall" right now, but I'm currently searching for a better name.

It's a Zweihänder, which is a larger two-handed sword (and the only sword type I am good with...).

• 152 posts
    June 4, 2013 9:38 PM EDT

basket hilted bastard sword named Bellicose! :P

• 152 posts
    June 4, 2013 9:40 PM EDT

also reference to Game of Thrones. But I suppose you wouldn't want to remember THAT one! Joffery... bleh

• 9 posts
    June 4, 2013 11:06 PM EDT

Mine would be a bastard sword, one side edged with tempered dark steel and the other set with silver. 

It would be called Adjudicator, a blade to judge the living and the dead.

• 33 posts
    June 5, 2013 1:42 AM EDT

Name: Silver Serpent

Class: Broad-sword

Type: Silver, with the head of a serpent on the hilt

• 62 posts
    June 5, 2013 2:18 AM EDT

What, in real life? I'd probably go for the classic European bastard sword.

I'm quite strong, so like the idea of utilising the extra weight and almost mace like bone shattering potential of the sword. While it does not allow for the same amount of force as a dedicated two hander, it's makes up for this with increased finesse and flexibility, not to mention the ability to thrust and penetrate armour. Be it cutting, thrusting or all out smashing, these mighty blades have a whole lot going for them. 

Experts in the field agree that they're much more practical - and therefore much more deadly when used in genuine combat - than the much loved Japanese Katanas. This is thanks mainly to their increased weight, durability and adaptability. They may not be as sharp (or fashionable) as their Asian cousins, but I know which one I'd rather have at my side.  Oh, and one of their greatest advantages is that they continue to be lethal even when totally blunt... and blades became blunt surprising quickly back in the days of melee based warfare. 

In case you've not guessed by now, I totally dig all things medieval, especially weaponry. Dammit, I'm such a nerd! And speaking of all things nerd like, what could be more geeky than giving a funky name to something designed to kill as quickly and easily as possible? I would likely call mine Wedlock, in reference to the other meaning of the word bastard. 

• 26 posts
    June 5, 2013 7:11 AM EDT

An Estoc (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estoc)  Called 'Morte Consumptis' (Bringer of death in Latin)

• June 8, 2013 4:20 AM EDT

Richard Johnson.

OR 

Timor Dei

• 4 posts
    June 8, 2013 4:41 AM EDT

Daedric Greatsword named "Soulreaver".

reave:

1. To seize and carry off forcibly.
    2. To deprive (one) of something; bereave.
    It has a soul trap enchantment.
    • 17 posts
    June 8, 2013 6:01 AM EDT

I'm not really in to swords, give me a fine axe.

I'd pick a Elven War Axe named Laisidhiel, which is the Elvish name for Zoë which means life and which is the name of my crush who rejected me. So basicly life will cut through them, cause life is tough. 

And I just love axes