Forums » Elder Scrolls

Does anyone use dark brotherhood set?

• 360 posts
    June 2, 2013 10:02 PM EDT
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone use a full db set? Shrouded armor, shrouded robes, jester or cicero's. Has to be one of these, can mix, but only parts of these sets
    (ancient shrouded and worn shrouded too)
    • 1913 posts
    June 2, 2013 10:15 PM EDT
    It's looks bad when complete... Actually, the only part I like was is the hood with the cowl... Anything else, I put it in a fire place and pretend that it's burning
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 2, 2013 10:18 PM EDT

Yes, for roleplaying reasons. And, it looks great too. 

The only thing that I hate about it is the male hood version.

• 80 posts
    June 2, 2013 11:25 PM EDT

I love the shrouded robe set. The only thing that doesn't look right is the giant hand print on it; it's just looks like a billboard that says I'm a member of the Dark Brotherhood

• 26 posts
    June 3, 2013 2:33 AM EDT

On my nightblade, I use worn shrouded boots enchanted with fortify sneak + fortify stamina, and worn db gauntlets enchanted with fortify sneak + fortify stamina. But, I used the full robes set early on in that character.

• 360 posts
    June 3, 2013 12:54 PM EDT

i just think that there are so many better looking armors that can be upgraded, the enchants are perfect for those who dont want to dabble in enchanting though. boots and gauntlets look fine for the shrouded, but the chest and hood look retarded. my opinion is that nightingale and vampire light armor are the best looking ones for an assasin

• 360 posts
    June 3, 2013 12:59 PM EDT

thats true, kinda like the oposite that an assasin would do if he wanted to stay ingognito. wich does bring a point, its a little imersion breaking when guards coment that they regognize my thieves guild armor, or that im a dark brother and then carry along, like they did not just see the member of a criminal organization wanted across the nine holds

• 106 posts
    June 3, 2013 1:38 PM EDT

I for one love the armor set. I'm mad that the cowl doesn't work for males, but I mostly make females anyways

• 360 posts
    June 3, 2013 3:09 PM EDT
    I dont like the royal one, i prffer to get the black one and use hevnoraak with it. I just love the masks and i wish more of them were light armor. Probably is because i play too much dishonored, but i just think masks looks totaly badass in an assasin
    • 11 posts
    June 3, 2013 4:31 PM EDT

I utilize the Ancient Shrouded Armor whenever I go assassin. Its a very good set, especially when upgraded to the max.

• 360 posts
    June 3, 2013 4:45 PM EDT
    I dont think you can upgrade it... W8 lemme go check... I see, it can but it does not benefit from smithing perks, so if you want to get it to a decent amount you need to do those damm tradeskill loops. Still could get better enchants though, and it makes you very vunerable if people detect you, something that nightingale does not
    • 80 posts
    June 3, 2013 5:55 PM EDT

The Ancient Shouded Set has a high AR than Nightingale but in regards to enchantment I think the Nightingale armor is more for skirmishers and shrouded is for pure assassinations

• 360 posts
    June 3, 2013 7:17 PM EDT
    Exactly, i for one think that only using daggers can be a bit boring when you one shot everything, but if you are detected you die, at least on master you do. The nightingale though is much more varied, looks much more badass, and its enchants fit fore an assasin who can hold his own. Plus if you are detected, and are following the armor's enchants based on your skills you can always use ilusion and preetty much just tell your enemy to turn around and get his throat sliced. But yeah, it is just perfect for me, i do enjoy a skirmish after assasinating one of the people in the room
    • 32 posts
    June 3, 2013 8:57 PM EDT
    I like using it,especially when im role playing the shrowded cowl with the face mask is my fav
    • 28 posts
    June 4, 2013 4:40 AM EDT

I don't think I've ever used any full DB set. I tend to mix it with other armor sets, mostly due to the DB armour piece looking so out of place in Skyrim (spandex much?) I do like the hand wraps though.

• 360 posts
    June 4, 2013 9:56 PM EDT
    Yeah, kinda like a patched up skimpy latex fetish...
    I could go on... Rather not...