Forums » Elder Scrolls

Your favourite battle style/type in Skyrim

• June 2, 2013 3:45 PM EDT

The title kinda says it all...what combat style do you prefer?

I personally like ranged sneak attacks and this:

''Walk up to the target, introduce yourself, smelt their face off and run like the wind.''

• 168 posts
    June 2, 2013 4:01 PM EDT
    Walk in dressed in clothes and carrying a huge sword, and procede to beat the living crap out of everything.
    • 127 posts
    June 2, 2013 4:03 PM EDT

I like dueling. I block attacks, dodge attacks use my reflexes and then bam! then chop his head off.

• 17 posts
    June 2, 2013 4:24 PM EDT

It's all about Archery with me, just can't live without it.

• 80 posts
    June 2, 2013 4:28 PM EDT

Anything involving magic, whether it's the main focus or a tool to enhance the playstyle it's all good.

I can never seem to make a good melee/magic hybrid but stealth/magic I'm great at.

• 1483 posts
    June 2, 2013 5:29 PM EDT

My favorite is avoiding conflict altogether, but if I'm forced to fight then I'll go for shield and Bound Sword 

• 33 posts
    June 7, 2013 7:16 AM EDT

*Gets on NERD GLASSES*

Well my good sir, I depends on my mood. Personally, I like Paladin builds (ever since I first saw pontys paladin)

and I always like the rangers

• 9 posts
    June 7, 2013 8:26 AM EDT

Heavy armour at all times. Alteration flesh spells to increase resilience. Then run up with a sword/axe and hack and slash away while using fire and lightning spells to add extra damage. Everyone dies, except for me.

• 19 posts
    June 7, 2013 9:03 AM EDT

I'm a sneak attack kinda guy...love slitting throats with my dagger.  If I get spotted, I like to either pull out a 2 handed sword hard hitting power attacks to kill quickly (especially ebony blade) or pop on a sword and board to absorb some hits with blocks while whittling away at the enemies health.

• 856 posts
    June 7, 2013 9:09 AM EDT

I play practically every battle style.  But overall I found my favorite to be a 'toss-up' between sword-and-board or sword (one-handed) and off-hand empty.

• 69 posts
    June 7, 2013 9:26 AM EDT

I just go towards the enemies and have my army of the undead wipe everybody out. Gotta love that Ritual Stone!

• 30 posts
    June 7, 2013 9:38 AM EDT

sword and board and archery stealth shots

• 25 posts
    June 7, 2013 9:51 AM EDT

mine is the trapper.

unfortunately Skyrim doesn't have traps so I like to use runes and spider scrolls while blasting them with crossbow bolts dripping with deadly toxins

• June 7, 2013 10:41 AM EDT

I have played many combatstyles, but I usually go for dual spells, or weapon/spell.  I am a huge fan of magic types no matter what game I am playing.  I have a level 81 bound bow pure mage character that I still load up and play at least once a week, even if it is just to decimate the city of Solitude etc.

• June 7, 2013 11:09 AM EDT

depends on the enemy and how many there are. I play as a blend of the styles so I can afford to be versatile.   

• June 7, 2013 11:29 AM EDT

sword 1 hand spell the other it combined wit i well timed nd place whirl sprint u can attack no matter where u land

• 360 posts
    June 7, 2013 1:24 PM EDT
    I like one handed swords with nothing in the ofhand, and ocasionally switching to the crossbow
  • June 7, 2013 5:59 PM EDT

I love sneak attacks, where no one notices like assassinations. I also love when I'm fighting a dragon and it does that little screen shot you can't control and you jump on top of their head and stab their eyes out! http://www.bkserv.net/images/Tongue.gif

• June 7, 2013 6:01 PM EDT

I also am a fan of one-handed weapons. I don't use much firebolts or lightning sparks, unless I'm far away from my target and I forgot my bow. The spell I use most is probably healing, but I do like shouts

• June 7, 2013 10:33 PM EDT

I enjoy wearing leather and a mask to put off my enemies as I stand toe to toe with them deflecting their attacks with my shield, and hitting vital areas with my short sword.

• 30 posts
    June 8, 2013 1:52 AM EDT

My most preferred playstyle is good ol' sword n' board. A lot of my characters were of this fighting style.

I also enjoy two-handed and spellsword fighting styles as well.