Forums » Elder Scrolls

Who gives gear to his/her followers?

• 28 posts
    June 3, 2013 9:27 AM EDT

I always gear my followers up. Currently my main is wearing the Red Dawnguard armor, cured Serana has brown/ black Dawnguard armor and Ingjard has White Dawnguard armor.

• 62 posts
    June 3, 2013 9:31 AM EDT

The followers I've used most often are Cicero, Lydia, and Serana. I do use them as pack mules, but also usually give them the best armor that doesn't fit with my character. What I mean is that if I'm a lightly armored character (which is most of the time) and I find some good heavy armor, I give it to my follower. Whatever I won't use but is too good to give up, I give to my follower.

• April 12, 2014 4:47 PM EDT

I don't often take followers, but when I do I often try to outfit them with better armor than I. I can't make a character without it being a blacksmith, so I always craft high protection, high damage, highly enchanted armor to my followers. I love 'em too much to outfit them with anything but the best. 

• 700 posts
    April 12, 2014 5:18 PM EDT

I usually take Uthgerd The Unbroken as a companion.  She has spunk. I very much dislike the smithng skill though, so I give her whatever I find, just as I wear whatever I find.  I try to keep my followers' equipment as equal to mine as possible.