Forums » Elder Scrolls

A new feature for TES: VI?

• 49 posts
    May 17, 2013 1:08 PM EDT

I know it's a bit early to start with the new elder scrolls game but there are so many cool feautures that could be implemented in the game. Just give a general idea of what you think that should be added in the new game. 

My idea was to have armor recognition. for example: Your character is a stormcloak but wears imperial armor. Your character would be killed on sight by every stormcloak but can sneak in and spy on the Imperials. In closer groups like bandits the bandits won't trust you and pay extra attention to your deeds.

What would you like to see implemented in the new TES game? 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    May 17, 2013 2:52 PM EDT

Interesting. It probably would be hard, but I'd like to see something like a "paralel world", but not exactly it.

For example, in the "World 1": You could make the main character of the game, but also, characters that have nothing to do with the protagonist, and face the consequences of the actions and decisions made by the player with the main character; It would be cool, like, the history as it is viewed for the "common people".

In the "World 2": You could choose to not make a main character, and so with the "minor" characters, see what consequences that have to the game's world. That probably won't happen in the next game.

I'd like to see this because I hate to always be the great hero.

But in the future, who knows... Or is my idea stupid?

• May 17, 2013 4:19 PM EDT

Guns. Dwemer guns.

A VATS system like from Fallout that lets you strike a specific part of the body with a sword or something. 

• 1483 posts
    May 17, 2013 4:20 PM EDT

Or just Fallout 4? 

• May 17, 2013 4:23 PM EDT

Why not? They did it in Fallout. Why not the Scrolls?

• 41 posts
    May 17, 2013 4:24 PM EDT

Its explained why VATS is in fallout...its part of the pip-boy. For it to be in a TES game wouldn't make sense.

• May 17, 2013 4:27 PM EDT

Oh it did? I didn't know that. 

But, it makes sense to be able to determine what I want to swing at, shoot at, or blast with magic. 

I'm just tiered of folks coming at me after I put an arrow through their eye. 

• 41 posts
    May 17, 2013 4:30 PM EDT

that part gets annoying. Especial when theirs more than one in there face. They need a system to monitor were the person is hit. Like they would die with an arrow in the brain.

• May 17, 2013 4:37 PM EDT

Exactly. This dude gets it .

• 1483 posts
    May 17, 2013 4:42 PM EDT

I think they need to make armor actually mean something. You should be able to exploit weaknesses in it, and it should protect you from arrows and some blows. Your stats should determine whether you can wear heavier armor or no, thing like that... It will be fun without the VATS either  I actually didn't like that feature in Fallout and relied on my skill 

• May 17, 2013 4:54 PM EDT

They should bring back old feature like spells under water, creating spells, repairing armor. Stuff like that.  

• 291 posts
    May 17, 2013 5:58 PM EDT

Maybe not VATS, but a realistic injury system like Fallout 3 would be nice.  If I put an arrow in your lung, you ain't gonna be runnin very far or very fast.

• May 17, 2013 6:43 PM EDT

Better dual wield of weapons is my vote.  The sword/spell, sword/board, and dual spells mechanics are manageable, but I can't seem to get into a dual 1h weapon character.  I find that the mechanics of 2 swords is abhorrently awkward and unwieldy.  I think Bethesda needs to invest their develepment talents on the mechanics of the game, especially combat (an unarmed tree would be awesome) which is at the least 50% of the game.

Bethesda needs to take more time on TES VI and make a complete game.  I understand the work it takes to make games like Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, but after waiting 5 long years I expected a little more of the bugs and kinks to be ironed out.  I LOVE/hate this game.

• 38 posts
    May 20, 2013 4:50 PM EDT

Like breaking limbs in Fallout? Being able to make a bitch who's running limp so you can catch up to em' and bash their face in is always good with me!

• May 20, 2013 5:46 PM EDT

you know what would be great. SOME ACTUAL FINISHING THE STORY. 

we know what happened to the Hero of Kvatch. 

Unless, I don't know, Elder Scrolls 6 does take place in hammerfell against the war with the elves, and I dont know maybe you fight along side Bethesda's iron helmed hero. 

Imagine it. You're playing as a redguard because you're in hammerfell, and you are ambushed, only to have the foe blasted away with a spurt of dragon's fire. you turn, and you see the Dovahkiin walk toward you. 

Freaking. Brilliant. 

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    May 21, 2013 9:05 PM EDT

I honestly just want them to put a bunch of stuff back in. Don't get me wrong, Skyrim is awesome and has a number of interesting and unique items, but gorramit, I miss being able to swing a cutlass or wield a dai-katana. So my list of things to bring back are as follows:

1. Fix the Nords, give Nordic Frost and Woad back, and the boost to restoration and heavy armor.

2. From Daggerfall and Battlespire, you could pick weapons that were forbidden or other weaknesses that would allow you to have bonuses and add to roleplay. So if you're a Paladin, you swear off Daedric weapons and in return the Divines grant you improved hp regen. That type of thing.

3. As I mentioned, bring back a few of the other weapon types, katanas, cutlasses,  spears, throwing weapons, etc. Scimitars were badass and a cool addition, more stuff in that vein.

4. Expanded enchanting options like in Morrowind and earlier, where magic weapons can give passive enchantments and wearable items can be activated to cast spell effects. Items that grant detect life were really cool, and stuff like the Boots of Blinding Speed where you can barely see but can run risivulously fast. All the whimsical magic items are kinda absent, excepting the Wabbajack

5. Spell effects that are missing, like drain health vs. damage health, damage being permanent until you pray at an altar or get a potion. Absorb health should return to restoration, a straight up damage health spell, 

6. What Shor said above, underwater spells, spellmaking, weapon maintenance.

7. Another small thing, bring back beast languages that can allow you to reason with monsters, like Daedric, Giantish, etc.

• 41 posts
    May 22, 2013 11:13 AM EDT

That could take away from immersion. Say someone made one character throughout there entire Skyrim career and that Dovahkiin was a Khajiit. Well then TES 6 comes out and suddenly the Dovahkiin comes walking towards them. When they see it is a Nord it takes away from their entire Skyrim experience making it look like what they did in Skyrim didn't matter.

"My vision of the Dovahkiin was a Khajiit. Why is he suddenly a Nord? "

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    May 22, 2013 4:00 PM EDT

Well it used to be in Mysticism, but then it moved to Restoration, but now it's just vampires. I'd really love it if they brought back multiple schools for one spell like in Daggerfall though, that was really cool. So for example, to cast the spell called force bolt, its primary school is Destruction and its secondary is Alteration, so skill in both schools would help you cast it.

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    May 22, 2013 8:59 PM EDT

I really want to love it, but it's so clunky. If you ask me, they should remake it for TES VI =p

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    May 22, 2013 9:29 PM EDT

Sounds cool, in Oblivion they had a Fame and Infamy rating that could both be raised individually. It didn't work very well, and then in Skyrim they just removed any indication of morality. I think it would be much cooler if there were more directly evil options too, in Skyrim you could be evil but you're still saving the world no matter what. Another thing to steal an idea from New Vegas would be faction loyalty, kinda like what you're saying but also having an individual karma within each faction. In F:NV you had general morality and then NCR, Legion, Powder Ganger, etc. loyalty

• 291 posts
    May 22, 2013 9:42 PM EDT

I rather like that.  I'd like to be able to fall in with a group of bandits.  And maybe this time, not all bandits are the same.  Maybe there are more individual groups like the Blackblood Marauders.

Hmm, it'd be nice to see something like the FNV ending system.  Where your eventual loyalties determined the ending of the main quest (though, I'd rather the game not actually end).  

Actually, on that note, how about we get some fan fare or something for once?  Like when I finish the main quest, can I please load in the capitol or one of the keeps where (if I save the world) everyone is having a feast in my honor?  At which point, I may leave the festivities and continue on my way?

That's been a thorn in my side forever!  At the end of Oblivion, you don't go anywhere.  Everyone just goes "Yerp.  Thanks a bunch!  Bye!"  In the last sequence, you hear cheering and massive crowds celebrating, but you don't get to see it.  Skyrim is worse.  You defeat Alduin, the dragons all fly away, and there you are alone at the top of the mountain feeling strangely hollow and empty.  When you get back to town, everyone's still saying the same old things.  And maybe that's realistic, but it's not something I want in a game.  I would have liked to at least have Jarl Balgruuf have a feast in my honor.  Spread the word.  Have a bard sing the new song that opens up.

• 26 posts
    May 22, 2013 11:20 PM EDT

I would like to see racial armour bonuses for example Nords do better in Nord armour, I would also like more opportunity to own additional houses and rent them out, perhaps own a business.

I think factional alignments are cool, like what they had in Freelancer where aligned factions can be changed from hostile to friendly even encroaching into intelligent races that in Skyrim kill the player on sight.

An example is the actions that affect a race will also alter the alignment of the friends and enemies of that race to a lesser degree (if that makes sense).

I would also like to see damage to weapons and armour that can be mended by smithing and/or magic.  

Another cool element from other games is the actions towards a town make it either expand or shrink, bring in tons of trade to see town grow, plunder and kill to see town shrink to eventually a ghost town.