Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favourite House/city?

• 69 posts
    May 13, 2013 5:38 AM EDT

Sorry if this was already a topic, just wanted to know what your opinions were.

For me my favourite city would have to be Riften or Markarth, i just love the feel of the dwemer architecture in Markarth and the fact that the thieves guild is located right under the Riften.

my favourite house would have to Hjerim, because it is so large and has a lot of space!

-grubbi

• May 23, 2013 8:01 PM EDT

Favorite city is either Markarth (like you said, love the architecture) or Windhelm (atmosphere and architecture. Yeah, they're racist, but the situation its people are facing and what I already listed are interesting to me).

Favorite house. Hjerim, Windstad Manor, or the house in Raven Rock.

• 168 posts
    May 23, 2013 8:13 PM EDT

Favorite city: Windhelm (amazing architecture) or Morthal (amazing landscape), they're so close its a tie, and Whiterun has got to be third.

Favorite house: Windstad Manor (for the view), but usually I go without a home.

• 291 posts
    May 23, 2013 8:18 PM EDT

Favorite city: Solitude.  I'd also say Markarth, but only for the architecture.  The layout is murder on my sense of direction.

Favorite house: Lakeview Manor for the location.  Honeyside for the interior.

• 409 posts
    May 23, 2013 8:38 PM EDT
    Favorite city: Whiterun

Favorite house: Lakeview or house in raven rock
    • 152 posts
    May 23, 2013 8:50 PM EDT

Favorite City: Markarth or Solitude (Markarth for architecture, Solitude for just awesome natural arch under it)

Favorite House: Windstad Manor (great veiw of Solitude Arch, plus nice ruin right behind with dragon priest!)

• 28 posts
    May 23, 2013 9:30 PM EDT
    Favorite City:Riften.Hands down.
    With the Thieves Guild,the mead, and Brynjolf(best man to have a drink with).It's pratically the Las Vegas of Skyrim. And every other city is dreary from the war,even afterwards. :P

House:Winstad. I want a home with an ocean view, a fishery, and a place where I can teach my son to hunt. Plus you have some friendly horker neighbors. :)
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    May 23, 2013 9:46 PM EDT

Hm... I like all of them. But... I have a few favorites;

Riften: The history of the city, and the intrigues in it. Besides, The Ratway is awesome (In fact, it should be bigger and people should live there, like mercenaries and outlaws. The way it is, it doesn't feel exactly as the "City under the city" - Even when the TG quest is completed).

Dawnstar: Just like it. Geographically, historically. I don't know...

Markarth: Also because of the intrigues and the architecture, as some already said.

Whiterun: It reminds me Rohan, from LotR, my favorite kingdom.

I know there's too much already, but I can't miss an oportunity... I like Solitude also. Mostly because of the Jarl's court.

Favorite House: Windstad Manor.

• 69 posts
    May 23, 2013 10:09 PM EDT

lol good choice 

• 33 posts
    May 23, 2013 10:42 PM EDT

Falkreath, Lot's of stuff (angi's camp), Lake Illiana (spelling), ect.

• 80 posts
    May 24, 2013 9:22 PM EDT

Favorite City: Winterhold, mostly for the College but I also have an attraction to depressing/destroyed locations.

Favorite House: Severin Manor. It has almost everything I want in a home, only missing a garden to plant alchemy ingredients.

• 62 posts
    May 24, 2013 9:41 PM EDT

City: Rifton or Solitude.

House: I really bother with any of them besides Breezehome.

• 106 posts
    May 24, 2013 10:17 PM EDT

Looking at marcarth from the outside of the city. Beautiful

• 17 posts
    May 25, 2013 5:00 AM EDT

My favorite city is Falkreath. My favorite house does not come from vanilla game - FC Kagrenacs Instant Fortress, is my favorite house at the moment, If the space allows I can place it wherever I want.

• May 25, 2013 4:02 PM EDT

City: Riften

Lets face it. Riften is the ultimate city of awesome. Why? Because the atmosfere and the buildings suit me. And Delvin lives there.

Favorite house: Proudspire Manor. Just because.

• 268 posts
    May 31, 2013 12:12 PM EDT
    My favourite city would be Windhelm. I love the vibe from it, and the different classes of people. Also, I feel so boss sneaking around it when I play as a pirate with a massive bounty.
    • 268 posts
    May 31, 2013 12:13 PM EDT
    And my favourite house would be Anise's Cabin (does that count?). Nothing better than killing an old lady and nicking her house lol.