Forums » General Gaming

Better Weapons Mod?

• 91 posts
    May 12, 2013 9:51 PM EDT

So I've finally decided to start using more than just bug fix mods in Skyrim because after 1000s of times playing I've realized that the weapons and armor available aren't that varied. Anyway I've found 2 mods that caught my eye and I was curious which one was the better mod, Heavy Armory by PrivateEye or Immersive Weapons? Immersive Weapons seems to add more content, but Heavy Armory seems to follow lore more closely (I'm pretty big on following lore) so which would you recommend? Also any other mod recommendations would be very much appreciated. I'm looking to add more to the game world though, not completely change it (i.e. no mods that completely overhaul gameplay).

• May 12, 2013 10:07 PM EDT

I'd recommend Weapons of The 3rd Era, I really love that mod it adds a lot of great weapons.

I use that and JaySuS Swords, JaySuS has some really good swords and a lot of European stuff while WoT3E has more Morrowind-style weapons. They're both really good mods, highly recommended.

• 708 posts
    May 12, 2013 10:08 PM EDT

I personally use Heavy Armory, it has a Dawnguard/Dragonborn version as well. It updates leveled lists as well, including guards, bandits, forsworn, draugr - pretty much everything. Some high level Draugr use Stalhrim weapons now too.

• 91 posts
    May 12, 2013 10:10 PM EDT

Cool thanks

• 91 posts
    May 12, 2013 10:11 PM EDT

Oh while we're at it I'd like to know if Immersive Armors is worth the massive download too. Seems really cool, but I'm a little apprehensive.

• 111 posts
    May 13, 2013 2:25 AM EDT

I love Immersive armours - use it all the time both heavy and light. It is lore friendly (mosty now as it has had some other mods not by Hothtrooper addded to it)and I think fits right in. As my main character inevitably is a fighter/ranger then for my pc I tend to use light armour from the range available at the forge or  from looting corpses

Weapons and armour combo? Witcher 2 Geralt's light armour with the twin sword combo both swords are faster than the normal greatswords with the silver one as one handed (but scores as 2h when used) as really fast . For balance both have had their damage reduced

Another good mod and just about lore friendly is Isiilmeriel's LOTR weapons collection. It has some good all round weapons(mostly blades) with high damage delivery

Personally I tend to rely on developing my pc's smithing skills so I can forge the weapons and armor, then improve them, but you can always cheat by using the id codes I guess

I don't use Jaysus swords or the Heavy Armory. Why? - Nothing wrong with the mods as far as I can see, but personal preference mostly. I think Skyrim has plenty of weapons already which you can find (especially if you have the Deadly Dragons mod(s)) - for sale/as drops from kills/ or enchanting/making and improving them yourself

• 952 posts
    May 13, 2013 4:51 AM EDT
    Immersive armour has some pretty non-lore friendly stuff in it even though almost all of it is pretty fine. Just keep that in mind. For weapons I would choose one of the continuations on Weapons of the Third Era since the original mod is now a modders resource and some people have used that mod as the foundation for their own weapons mod.