Forums » The Lounge

New Photo Rules

• 57 posts
    May 11, 2013 10:33 AM EDT

Hey guys photo host Dragon here, and I thought I would take a moment to post how thing were going and how Skalvar and I have decided to handle the photos from here on out. Now when given this position we were informed of three things:

1. Make sure all photos are related to the site

2. Organize the photos so it's is easier for members to browse pics

3. Try to figure out what to do for a photo feature

Now while we haven't quite figured out the third point yet, as we still need to run our idea by Paul, we have come to a decision on the second point, and continue to work on keeping the photos regulated. Now in order to help us out I request from you to follow a few points in posting photos. Mainly I'd like you to keep them related to what this blog is about in some way, as well as comply with our new organization system.

We have due to our limitations here decided to do as the Character Building Group, and Tips and Tricks Group have done and we request specific tags to be put in place to help better find pictures. This means that when searching these tags in the photo search bar it will allow one to find pictures in the category easier. Skalvar and I have started to change tags but in order to speed up the process we ask you to tag your own pictures as well. Now we have a few categories to share with you so please pay attention:

When tagging your pics please follow this rule "Photo: tag" this will allow the easier finding of the pictures on the site the following tags are meant to help our organization. Please be sure to only use two tags at most when tagging your pictures.

• "Photo: Memes" - Things with captions, and jokes about TES in general, things like this
    • "Photo: Comics" - Comics about TES, things like this
    • "Photo: Landscapes" - Pictures of environments can be in game or something in real life, things like this
    • "Photo: Character Builds" - Art for Character Builds and about personal characters, things like this
    • "Photo: Screenshots" - Pics of in game things, things like this
    • "Photo: Real Life" - This does not mean pictures of your cat, but this means things that look like they belong in TES such as land, or things such as cosplay, things like this
    • "Photo: Blog Jokes" - This one is difficult to explain so let me direct you to here
    • "Photo: TES Art" - This is for any TES art that comes to the group, things like this
    • "Photo: Glitches and Exploits"- Glitches and things that are out of the norm for the games, things like this

Note: Pictures can cross over from tag to tag, such as a landscape screenshot

Now we know there are a few pictures left that don't fill any of these categories so I'd ask for some recommendations from you to fill up any categories that still need to be made. I thank you for following this request and know that the new photos section is a little tighter than it use to be. For those pics that don't fit into our requirements they can be posted in the Photo spoT.

As a final note under no circumstances shall any photos be posted that offend or disturb members, all photos such as these will be subject to removal.

Thank you for your cooperation

-Dragon and Skalvar

• 856 posts
    May 11, 2013 10:46 AM EDT

I think the CB group's tagging system (with the built in links) was brilliant (is that Ponty's creation?) and I am glad that you have adopted it.   If I may suggest for your tag system, use the format "Photo: tag", including quotes; I think this makes it easier to create links later.

And congratulations on the purge.

• 57 posts
    May 11, 2013 10:49 AM EDT

Ah thanks for the recommendation for this I'll go ahead and edit it in, if you feel any other things to point out/ suggest then feel free as I'm sure Skalvar, and I know I am personally, are open to the blogs wants/needs.

• 1913 posts
    May 11, 2013 10:52 AM EDT
    So I could post a picture of me in real life and it would be ok?
    • 57 posts
    May 11, 2013 10:55 AM EDT
    No real life is used as in if a person posts pictures of cosplay or things they find that reflect skyrim or other TES games culture
    • 1913 posts
    May 11, 2013 10:56 AM EDT
    Ok, wasn't planning on posting a picture of me anyways, wouldn't want to blind anyone with my handsomeness :P
    • 856 posts
    May 11, 2013 11:05 AM EDT

You may wish to add short definitions to each of the 'official tags' in the body of the text.  You could do this as they get addressed in the comments.

• 57 posts
    May 11, 2013 11:18 AM EDT

There put in some general definitions, please tell me if they are too unclear and need further definition to help the community

• 1913 posts
    May 11, 2013 11:22 AM EDT
    Would we still be able to post pictures or weird glitches?
    • 57 posts
    May 11, 2013 11:24 AM EDT

I'm not stopping people from posting pictures, however all that is really put for rules are the tagging system and to keep the pictures TES related, and/or related to a joke about Ben's ban hammer and things of that nature

• 1913 posts
    May 11, 2013 11:32 AM EDT
    Oops. I meant to say "would we still be able to post pictures OF weird glitches"
    • 57 posts
    May 11, 2013 11:37 AM EDT

Sure I don't mind that at all 

• 1483 posts
    May 11, 2013 12:06 PM EDT

OK, what should I tag TES related art like this? And is this considered a Blog Joke? 

• 1483 posts
    May 11, 2013 12:12 PM EDT

Also, is there a limit for tags per picture?

• 57 posts
    May 11, 2013 2:33 PM EDT

Yes I consider it a blog joke, and as for the Art I am unsure yet which is why we asked y'all for recommendations. As for the limit 2 tags would be best.

• 856 posts
    May 11, 2013 2:44 PM EDT

Perhaps an Art 'tag' to add to the list?

• 1483 posts
    May 11, 2013 3:09 PM EDT

Maybe "Photo: TES Art" if spaces are allowed?

• 57 posts
    May 11, 2013 3:59 PM EDT

Spaces are allowed as long as the quotations are there

• 1483 posts
    May 11, 2013 4:00 PM EDT

OK, so TES Art it is then? Or something else?

• 57 posts
    May 11, 2013 4:01 PM EDT

I think TES Art is fine it is simple and easy to remember 

• 57 posts
    May 11, 2013 4:03 PM EDT

Ah I see sorry, I was informed that Skalvar finished up some stuff I'll go through things again now

• 856 posts
    May 11, 2013 4:06 PM EDT

Some of those real life pics are relevant, imo.  For example the Viking longboats are real-life models for the nord longboats. 

• 1483 posts
    May 11, 2013 4:10 PM EDT

I've tagged my uploaded TES art pictures with "Photo: TES Art". As another suggestion won't be useful to have tag for in-game mechanics and glitches like this.

• 140 posts
    May 11, 2013 4:20 PM EDT

I am sorry to jump in on this after being gone so long, but I agree on this point.  I like seeing the real life artistic inspiration for certain in-game elements.  

• 57 posts
    May 11, 2013 4:23 PM EDT

I fully intend to keep those, I was not aware however that there was still personal pics up as I was informed that they were all fixed.