Forums » Elder Scrolls

Elder Scrolls 6 possible location?

• 2 posts
    December 14, 2013 5:11 PM EST
    I think that it should be in black marsh and even though Argonians are the predominant race, their is a strong possibility that Lilmothiits aren't extinct. This could make their be two factions: the argronian purists, maybe backed by the Tscaeri(Akvir snake people). And the Lilmothiit(fox people who haven't been seen since second era most likely drove away by argonian purists), kajhit, others group which does guerrilla warfare against the Argonian purists. This game would need to add a climbing feature as well as more in depth boat action/usage. Plus black marsh is a very varied and alien province whith giant trees in thick jungle and poisonous swamps as well as giant lakes. This would be a nice change of pace, because I get bored of just playing in the plains or in light forest. I'd much rather have swamps and giant trees. It would also help serve to transition Akvir into the game. You could also include some of southern Elswyre as it's just across opal bay, kind of like solsthein in skyrim.
    • 91 posts
    December 14, 2013 6:02 PM EST

Ruling out Black Marsh because Argonians are the predominate race is stupid. According to every bit of lore we had leading up to it Skyrim was almost completely Nords. Then we get there and half the population is elves, beast race, or other form of human. Bethesda will change the populace to better allow diversity if they set a game anywhere. Besides that Morrowind was pretty Dunmer heavy but that didn't stop it from being diverse enough to seem realistic that you could be any race. I didn't watch the video but it sounds like this guy is just using his own biased for the lands -he- wants/doesn't want to see.

Personally I'd most like to see Black Marsh so we could get an alien landscape feeling again like Morrowind had. However, I think the most likely province is going to be something under Aldmeri Dominion control. The way Skyrim was set up it's almost certain that Bethesda wants that conflict in the spotlight. Perhaps a combo of Valenwood and Elsweyr like others have stated.

• December 14, 2013 6:06 PM EST
    I think most people rule out Black Marsh is because it's largely uninhabitable (except for Argonians). I personally would love a game in Black Marsh (not as much as I want it in Hammerfell), but I do find it very unlikely.
    • 2 posts
    December 14, 2013 6:07 PM EST
    There is a bunch of other rarer races which were found in black marsh. Their populations were lowered by argonian purists.
    • 52 posts
    December 14, 2013 7:36 PM EST
    If they did one in Hammerfell it could be when Tiber Septim came in and tried to make Hammerfell fall under Septim Reign. The main story would be about fighting off Tiber Septim, but ultimately failing. (Hammerfell did get captured) then post main game could be with imperial rule instead of It being the Two main governing factions of Hammerfell. (I forget the names of these faction).
    • 91 posts
    December 14, 2013 8:59 PM EST

This is true, but according to previous lore sources Skyrim was completely frozen and inhospitable to all but the hardiest of Nords. Turns out it's actually not all that frozen at all in the southern half and actually has a rather welcoming environment for other races, even Argonians and Khajiit who have no business being able to stand that kind of cold. Lore also told us that Cyrodiil was a jungle... well we all know what happened with that. Bethesda just has to retcon Black Marsh to be less unforgiving (and you know Bethesda has no problem with retconning) and you got a place where others can live relatively comfortably.

For the record though I HATE retcons period, but if they can retcon Cyrodiil and Skyrim then why the hell can't they do the same to Black Marsh?

• 29 posts
    December 15, 2013 1:23 AM EST

I think Elder Scrolls IV: Alinor would be perfect. The Altmer love architecture, so the whole place would be beautiful. You could just spend hours walking around, looking at all the buildings!

Possible storylines are plentiful. The next Great War has begun. The Thalmor and another political party are battling for control of Alinor. Hammerfell has declared war and is launching attacks on Alinor's coast (allowing you to control a ship, wouldn't that be cool).

Actually, it'd be neat if the game allowed you to import your Skyrim save (like in DA:2) and some of your important decisions decided what could happen in the game (who won the civil war, did you stop the dragons, are vampires ruling the day, etc).

Just my thoughts.