Forums » Elder Scrolls

Elder Scrolls 6 possible location?

• 41 posts
    May 9, 2013 8:39 AM EDT

Seen an interesting video put up on the Skyrim page on Facebook that peaked my interest, and thought I`d share the thoughts of the individual with you guys here on Skyrim Blog. He was basically running through the remaining provinces that haven`t featured in games yet giving reasons for/against each one. So here`s a break down of the video for you to agree or disagree:

1) Summerset Isles -  Not a smart choice as Aldmeri Dominion is very racist and he doubts you would have much character customisation to choose from. Not only that, but because its such a strictly governed province, there wouldn`t be much to do other than run errands: agree or disagree?

2)  High Rock - Unlikely. he feels it wouldn`t be able to muster up a story invoking enough to capture our interests so well, as Skyrim did: agree or disagree?

3  Black Marsh - Not likely. Fairly redundant. Too swamp like. Maybe refreshing for some, but most players would get tired of it. Plus argonians are the predominant race - you`d need much more diversity: agree or disagree?

4) Valenwood -  Doubts its suitability. mainly for the same reasons as the Summerset isles, as the Aldmeri Dominion has aligned themselves with the bosner, therefore their presence is as strong as Summerset Isles: agree or disagree?

5) Elsweyr -  Is a good setting because it has geographical diversity and populace diversity. The Aldmeri Dominion has a strong presence, but, its not nearly as forceful as Valenwood or Summerset. makes it possible for something similar to Skyrim: agree or disagree?

6)  Hammerfell -  Was already an Elder Scrolls game, but it was really just a spin-off of the franchise not even developed by Bethesda. popular choice by many players for being the province most players would like to visit. It deserves its own game, and has a perfect setting for an Aldmeri Dominion invasion, plus High Rock would be an ideal DLC location: agree or disagree?

I personally would agree with: High Rock, Elsweyr, Hammerfell, and disagree with the remainder. I feel Bethesda could quite easily fit suitable main story plots into: Summerset isles, valenwood and Black Marsh. I think it would be wrong to overlook a province just because of the Aldmeri Dominion and their presence or attitudes towards other races. What do you guys think?

• 773 posts
    May 9, 2013 8:50 AM EDT

Any chance of a link?

• 41 posts
    May 9, 2013 9:24 AM EDT

can`t seem to get the link to work as it says its a private video  

• 1483 posts
    May 9, 2013 9:28 AM EDT

What's the name of the video?

• 41 posts
    May 9, 2013 11:24 AM EDT

Here`s the video name Vazgen: Where will the Elder Scrolls: 6 take place?   Its from Youtube as well under the same heading by a guy called: zachrulesandiscool.

• 1483 posts
    May 9, 2013 11:33 AM EDT

Here it is: 

• 41 posts
    May 9, 2013 11:35 AM EDT

Many thanks for putting up this link Vazgen, much appreciated from a humble console player    not sure what I did wrong

• 966 posts
    May 9, 2013 12:32 PM EDT

I still support Vix's idea of the Topal Bay area. You'd have Southern Cyrodiil, a bit of Elsweyr and some Black Marsh. Maybe even expand north a little to revisit the Imperial City, it has changed much since the war. 

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    May 9, 2013 2:30 PM EDT

Personally, my ideal preference would be making one game that encompasses both Elsweyr and Valenwood, they're both small so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch. The cultural and geographical diversity would be awesome, I guess the only problem is that outsiders are uncommon in those regions. To get around that, they could have the Empire be in the process of invading to push the Aldmeri Dominion back, which would lead to a lot of cool plot and setting conflict. Skyrim was trying hard to be a wartime game, but everything still felt too stable, if they really wanted to make it interesting they could create a grittier frontier feel to the border regions, kinda like the Imperial forts in Morrowind.

• 41 posts
    May 10, 2013 6:46 AM EDT

I love your idea Tim    with the next generation console discs being able to hold more content there is no reason why Bethesda couldn`t have two smaller provinces contained in one game. I agree with your idea on the border region too, as it would make sense to have it heavily fortified with large forts, small outposts and regular border patrols, making it harder for your character to cross over the border for whatever reason. Be interesting to see what Bethesda will come up with next   hopefully something similar to your idea though, would be good.

• 1483 posts
    May 10, 2013 8:52 AM EDT

I'd love to see a game take place only in Valenwood, with the cities made a lot larger than those in Skyrim. Like in Fallout 3.

• 59 posts
    May 10, 2013 11:25 AM EDT

Ehm... the Bosmer cities are in the trees... Wouldent that become heavy?

I personaly hope Summerset Isles. I like High-Elfs. Just not the Thalmor. Could esealy be the homestretch for the war Tim mentioned. Maybe dlc after the Valenwood+Elsweyr? Would be epic

• 4 posts
    May 10, 2013 11:43 AM EDT

I think that Elsweyr, Valenwood, or Black Marsh would be great. You make a good point with the concern about the Aldemeri Dominion could be solved with an outbreak of a new war. Tensions are certainly high enough to pull that off and it isn't like the events of Elder Scrolls 6 will be right after Skyrim there will be time in between for a story suitable enough to develop.

• 4 posts
    May 10, 2013 11:46 AM EDT

I agree I think if they created a story line where The Empire is fighting against the Aldmeri Dominion would open up a lot of other lands. Plus we would get to kill more High Elves I hate High Elves. 

• 26 posts
    May 10, 2013 11:58 AM EDT

Why would Summerset Isles be least likely? There's so much going on there. I think it's the most likely. Not all Elves follow the thalmor. If you think that you're just as racist as any Thalmor.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    May 10, 2013 12:13 PM EDT

I think it's going to be Hammerfell. Plus, it's surely my preference. Redguards are my second favorite race, and I admire all about them.

• 4 posts
    May 10, 2013 12:45 PM EDT

I wouldn't object to Hammerfell. They did sort of set it up with that quest in Whiterun.

• 31 posts
    May 10, 2013 1:28 PM EDT

I`m sticking with the Elsweyr+Valenwood teori. Both small, both perfect for something special. I also wouldn`t be surprised with Hammerfell as main game setting with a Orisnium DLC.

• 4 posts
    May 10, 2013 2:00 PM EDT

I would like to see the migratory tree cities of Valenwood. 

• 2 posts
    May 10, 2013 3:11 PM EDT

I think it's pretty clear that even if substantial amounts of the Altmer on the Summerset Isles are not in favor of the Thalmor, the Thalmor certainly control the territory and ruthlessly purge anyone who is opposed.

The Dominion still needed manpower to prosecute a war against the Empire, so they certainly had effective majority support.

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    May 10, 2013 8:31 PM EDT

Yeah, moving the conflict between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion would really make for some fun combat. Those two provinces would also have a lot of varied climates which would make for fascinating exploration, temperate forests, tropical jungles and deserts. They could also explore some of the khajiit subraces and flesh out their culture a bit, because they're one of the least understood people groups of Tamriel.

All we have to do is wait several years but we'll have Fallout 4 to keep us busy methinks =p

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    May 10, 2013 8:42 PM EDT

Ooh, that second idea sounds awesome, I'd really love to see that. Hammerfell sounds really cool and I've grown to really enjoy the Redguard race while playing Skyrim

Much as I'd love to see Elswyr + Valenwood the only thing that makes it unlikely is tackling the idiosyncratic cultures of both the Bosmer and the Khajiit would be a huge undertaking, Even Bethesda might have trouble doing them both justice because they'd have a split goal

• 33 posts
    May 13, 2013 1:48 AM EDT

I think it will be summerset because it would conclude the Aldmeri storyline

• 9 posts
    May 14, 2013 2:06 AM EDT
    Tamriel.... Maybe.... Eventually.... OR..... <.<... >.>.... Akaviri....
    • 80 posts
    May 16, 2013 11:33 PM EDT

The most likely places are High Rock, Valenwood, or Elsweyr. There has been sort of a pattern with the ES games and it leads me to believe those locations would be the most likely to happen.

It's a lore pattern, can anyone guess it?