Forums » Elder Scrolls

Mod For Skyrim-Good Idea? Can Anbody Do It?

• 38 posts
    May 4, 2013 11:31 AM EDT

I have this idea for a mod for Skyrim. Basically, you find this ship in the  Solitude harbor. It ends up taking you across Tamireil, to all the provinces. Valenwood, Summerset Isle, Daggerfall, Cryodill, High Rock, Black Marsh, everywhere. With this mod you can say, "I've been everywhere, man!"(get refrence?). But please tell me if this mod is even POSSIBLE. I mean...good God to make it good and accurate, it'd be really hard. If this is possible, tell me. If anyone wants to make it, contact me here. But please tell me if its a good or bad idea.

• 1913 posts
    May 4, 2013 11:33 AM EDT
    I'd say at best you could do one providence.... Anything more would probably not work...
    • 88 posts
    May 4, 2013 11:34 AM EDT

It would be possible to make it, although that's a lot of work.

• 38 posts
    May 4, 2013 11:45 AM EDT

Yeah thats what I fear. Would be really cool though =(

• 297 posts
    May 4, 2013 12:20 PM EDT

yes and no ,
    it can be done but depending on how much of the provinces you want too see you might need a whole dev team for this ,
    so technically yes but realistically no

• 38 posts
    May 4, 2013 12:27 PM EDT

Yes techically anything is possible,  but this isint a philosphy conversation. Which is actually a discussion I might make...

• 297 posts
    May 4, 2013 12:34 PM EDT

okay then no is the answer in all likelyhood

• 108 posts
    May 4, 2013 1:53 PM EDT

good

• 38 posts
    May 5, 2013 5:50 PM EDT

Ummmmm, Titan, did you ever make a mod for Skyrim? Specifically one with the TMNT?

• May 5, 2013 6:06 PM EDT

It took a whole team to make Moonpath to Elsweyr, and it's not even a whole province but a group of large areas... so good luck remaking all of Tamriel.

• 38 posts
    May 5, 2013 6:24 PM EDT

You know...why da fauq has Bethesda not thought of this! I mean...good God! I would buy that game! Guess we have to wait for TES Online, since that is said to all of Temriel...

• 36 posts
    May 5, 2013 6:30 PM EDT

Its called The Elder Scrolls: Arena man.  

• 409 posts
    May 5, 2013 7:17 PM EDT
    If they made a TES game with all the provinces then it would be harder to sell the next one when it came out unless they set in Akavir, Altomra, or Aldmeris.
    • 38 posts
    May 5, 2013 8:10 PM EDT

In response to Wolf, yes, thats true. Have you played Arena lately? Needs some updating, no?

• 952 posts
    May 6, 2013 3:35 AM EDT
    No.
    • 297 posts
    • 41 posts
    May 6, 2013 3:35 PM EDT

I reckon it would be possible, but it would basically mean creating several new games. That is of course if you intended to have stuff in the other provinces (quests and the like), and without all that, there would really be no point.

• 291 posts
    May 6, 2013 6:01 PM EDT

There was a mod team that attempted to do this for Oblivion.  I believe they were called Tamriel Rebuilt.  They never finished, though I know they'd been working on it since Oblivion came out.

• 167 posts
    May 6, 2013 6:05 PM EDT

I guess so, good luck finding a computer that would run all that though.

• 38 posts
    May 6, 2013 6:50 PM EDT

Very good point. If I try to run anything more advanced then an f'ing powerpoint presantation, my PC has a sezuire and dies

• 291 posts
    May 19, 2013 5:44 PM EDT

Aha!  I have found what you're looking for, Mega.  There is in fact a mod in development to create all of Tamriel.  It's called Beyond Skyrim.

Check it out here: Beyond Skyrim Forums

And here's the Wiki page:  Beyond Skyrim Wiki

• 952 posts
    May 19, 2013 5:53 PM EDT

That mod doesn't stand a chance of being finished. Look at Tamriel rebuild for example, all they tried is to build mainland Morrowind with high quality standards and they only finished the Telvanni Eastern part. Like I said, it's high quality but after almost a decade that's not a lot of progress.

• 291 posts
    May 19, 2013 5:57 PM EDT

Correct.  It looks as if this mod hasn't gotten terribly far, either.  MERP for Skyrim seemed to have been moving faster than this. :D

• 38 posts
    May 19, 2013 7:27 PM EDT

Wait, dosen't most of Morrowind exist in Oblivion? I don't know if its a mod or if its in the main game but there was this thing I saw with Oblivion where you take a ship to Morriwind. Most of its there. I don't know if its a mod or not. From what I remember, you wait until around like 7 AM or PM outside the Imperial Palace in the and a cat lady will take you.

• 291 posts
    May 19, 2013 8:40 PM EDT

No.  Morrowind wasn't in Oblivion at all.  You must be thinking of Morrowblivion, which was a mod.