Forums » The Lounge

Host Opening : Photo Host(s) Needed

• 773 posts
    April 30, 2013 6:31 PM EDT

Hi everyone

I would like to appoint at least one, possibly two, people to the role of Photo Host.

Together with existing Host, Julian, you will be responsible for the Photo Module on our site. This will involve the following

* deleting inappropriate, off-topic photos

* deleting photos that have already been uploaded

* making sure photos are correctly tagged

* creating albums of photos so members can easily find similarly themed content

* proposing content for a new 'photo of the week' main page feature

To be a Host you need to someone who has demonstrated your commitment to the site over time - noobs need not apply. You need to also be someone intending to stick around, so if you are someone likely to be losing interest in the site shortly, please do not waste my time.

If you are interested you can use this thread to tell me why you think you are suitable. I will pick the person or persons who I think will do the best job, no correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful applicants 

• 1483 posts
    April 30, 2013 6:40 PM EDT

Does "off-topic" refer to non-ES photos? 

• 57 posts
    April 30, 2013 6:47 PM EDT

I'd like to apply if that is alright, I do spend most of my time on here as well as have a level head in getting my work done, and making sure that whatever task I'm given gets done properly. I can see where if I were to become photo host how I would go about it, and am willing to cooperate with other hosts to do our role efficiently and in a timely manner.

• 1913 posts
    April 30, 2013 6:48 PM EDT
    I would try and do it, but I feel people wouldn't want me as host (plus I sorta helped create that picture fiasco)
    • 1913 posts
    April 30, 2013 6:49 PM EDT
    But if you all can get past that, I'm willing to be host, I would love to delete photos and comments if I feel they deserve it
    • 1913 posts
    April 30, 2013 6:50 PM EDT
    I vote for Dragon :)
    • 1483 posts
    April 30, 2013 6:51 PM EDT

My vote goes for Dragon too 

• 708 posts
    April 30, 2013 6:57 PM EDT

I too vote for Dragon 

• April 30, 2013 6:59 PM EDT

I'm fine with Dragon being host.

• 966 posts
    April 30, 2013 6:59 PM EDT

Aye. *lifts mug of ale*

You have my axe.

• April 30, 2013 7:00 PM EDT

Yeah, I'd like some more specific instructions on more general gaming pics.

Is it TES only or what about Fallout? Or pretty much any other game?

• 966 posts
    April 30, 2013 7:02 PM EDT

Making it 100% clear what would be considered on topic and off, and what would be spam or not would make it way easier to avoid any further confusion.

• 557 posts
    April 30, 2013 7:46 PM EDT
    I vote for Dragon.
  • TZ
    • 28 posts
    May 1, 2013 1:27 AM EDT

I wouldn't mind helping out, I use to run a Screenshot Competition on an old forum for a different game, so whoever the main host is, I wouldn't mind hosting that part of the site.

Prizes could include I make a video for a build of the Winner's Choice (as long as it doesn't already have a video).

• 271 posts
    May 1, 2013 3:23 AM EDT
    Yeah, Im with Ben. Skalvar would make a good host.
    • 10 posts
    May 2, 2013 11:41 AM EDT

I've been at the site, not for an incredible amount of time, however I believe since joining the site I've grown in strength at being able to use it. I believe i'd make an excellent host because I have a firm attitude and I'm not afraid to make my voice heard. I'm a strong and prominent character, with a very dry sense of humor, but I believe I can help sort out anything that needs doing and assist Julian in anyway needs be. I'm very young at the peachy age of 15, but that doesn't mean I'm not as well grounded as the rest of you,

• 3 posts
    May 2, 2013 12:13 PM EDT

Where was it written for us to Vote for who we'd like to see? Let the man pick who he feels is best!

• 856 posts
    May 2, 2013 12:19 PM EDT

Oh, he will.  He probably does like to see other people's opinions too though.

• 3 posts
    May 2, 2013 12:22 PM EDT

Lets not let popularity decide who is most capable. That was why I chimed in, we had a similar issue over in the Blackwood group where the admins had chosen chat/group moderators based on "votes" it backfired in the long run.

• May 2, 2013 12:29 PM EDT
    That sucked because there was no discussion about said votes (*Looks at Narm and Emer*). Not to mention Paul might not be too familiar with some of these members so we're stating why they may or may not be good hosts.
    • 3 posts
    May 2, 2013 12:33 PM EDT

*leaves conversation due to fallacies in the opposition's arguments*

• May 2, 2013 12:36 PM EDT
    *Leaves due to Dredge's lack of situational understanding*
    • 57 posts
    May 2, 2013 12:38 PM EDT
    Guys don't start, Paul will pick who he thinks is best. If the person doesn't work out then they will be replaced as it should be, and any who do not get the job should not complain because it is not our decision to make.
    • 952 posts
    May 2, 2013 12:45 PM EDT

What does that even have to do with this.

• May 2, 2013 12:49 PM EDT
    I know. I never stated it wasn't solely Paul's choice. But that doesn't mean we can't give our evaluation of a certain member.