Forums » Elder Scrolls

I beat the game. Did you do it too?

• 17 posts
    April 30, 2013 10:31 AM EDT

surely is not an easy game, no not at all.

• 365 posts
    April 30, 2013 10:41 AM EDT

Doesn't look like you beat the game just got some major smithing and alchemy perks along with or added to a few bugged weapons.....

These photos actually provide no evidence you've beaten it....

But to answer your question, yes. And all DLC's. Except for all the miscellaney fetch quests that aren't radiant anyway.

I don't bother doing more than 10 radiant quests as they are endless so.....

• 966 posts
    April 30, 2013 10:42 AM EDT

Now try role playing on highest difficulty, then see if you can ''beat the game'' so easily.

• 1483 posts
    April 30, 2013 10:43 AM EDT

You've reached the point when you need to start a new character. Try pure mage this time 

• 41 posts
    April 30, 2013 10:44 AM EDT

I think most people have beaten the main story lines by now. Like Nelaf said those weapons prove nothing, plus it looks like your on PC so for all we know you used console commands.....this looks more like it should be titled Broke the Game.

Honestly seeing weapons that do 808 damage and such is disappointing. I hate bugs that make you that powerful.

• 739 posts
    April 30, 2013 10:44 AM EDT

• 180 posts
    April 30, 2013 10:45 AM EDT

**Broke

• 365 posts
    April 30, 2013 10:47 AM EDT
    • 41 posts
    April 30, 2013 10:49 AM EDT

So true. Maybe try beating every single quest and clearing every single area on one character. Then people might be impressed. 

• 1913 posts
    April 30, 2013 10:54 AM EDT
    Why not roleplay the character and I don't know... Not make game breaking weapons?
    • 365 posts
    April 30, 2013 10:57 AM EDT

• 77 posts
    April 30, 2013 11:16 AM EDT

I've done the main quest and dragonborn questline. I've never finished any of the guilds though. Yet I have around 400 hours logged

• 1913 posts
    April 30, 2013 11:20 AM EDT
    If you were to finish any of e guilds, it should be either the thieves guild or dark brotherhood... They are really the best out of all of them
    • 856 posts
    April 30, 2013 11:26 AM EDT

Yes, I too beat the game, and I did it within the first month of game release!  My first character was a blacksmith, her goal was to learn all there was to know about smithing.  She gained all smithing perks.  So, in a sense, I beat the game - as there was nothing more I wanted to do with that character.

Edit:  I hope everyone knows I was speaking facetiously.

• 773 posts
    April 30, 2013 11:57 AM EDT

If I had photoshop loaded I would now be printing a picture of Sean Bean saying 'One does not simply 'beat' Skyrim'

• 1913 posts
    April 30, 2013 11:59 AM EDT
    I can't complete that chop wood, mine ore, cook achievement! It's glitched for me!
    • 17 posts
    April 30, 2013 1:38 PM EDT

Oh man, you guys do not understand what i am talking about do you. * sigh * By beating game I meant obtain weapons that are so over powered that nothing stands against them. Even legendary difficulty is too easy. If you count damage reduction it still is 250 weapon damage and ~120 enchant damage. This proves how unbalanced this game is. Of course I have not beaten game yet. This is my old account, it serves as my test dummy and I use it for random junk. Finally a reason to install SkyRe. Oh, I did not think that people will take this whole thing literary...

• 17 posts
    April 30, 2013 1:44 PM EDT

Funny enough my friend, it is not a bug. You can get 1.5k damage weapons even without abusing falmer helmet and circlets. Only thing I sorta abused was...Necromage. 132% smithing potion + 30% smithing gear + 50% one-handed damage enchant. I was not even maxed yet. I did not have +10% enchant boost from black book, because I took another power. This is not glitch...try everything yourself.

• 17 posts
    April 30, 2013 1:45 PM EDT

Installing SkyRe, it removes alchemy and smithing gear from game.

• 856 posts
    April 30, 2013 1:48 PM EDT

No, I don't make OP weapons, armor, etc. Why would anyone want to do that; it seems like a waste of time to me?  I retire my characters when they start getting too powerful - which can be done easily without any glitches.   Nearly every skill can become OP, if I continue along that path then the game quickly becomes boring.    Many people pointed out that you 'broke' your game, and in essense you did.  If you hadn't yet, perhaps you should try it without crafting loops, restoration potions, etc., etc.

• 17 posts
    April 30, 2013 2:40 PM EDT

You have a valid point. I messed up at very start. When I had enough cash to afford smithing I got it to 100, mistake #1. I had decent enchanting level as well so I started doing stuff. And was being all happy that I can now beat the shit out of giant that otherwise bitchslaped me so hard I became a 1st man in space. Power is addicting. Now I know that...Modesty..thing I lack. I want to try being archer on master and just have some fun and not worry about me mauling down most of thing in one hit. 

• 17 posts
    April 30, 2013 2:44 PM EDT

My history with TES is microscopic. Since I have never been much of RPG player I did not know that I actually have to keep some balance up in this biz. To be honest I will now install SkyRE, Deadly dragons and some other cool mods and play on expert from very start.

• 89 posts
    April 30, 2013 7:48 PM EDT
    Its not about just beating the game...if you approach it like you would most games then first of all I'd say don't boast, the game is crazy easy. Its when you roleplay where Skyrim really shines. If your into straight up difficulty, dark or demon souls is where its at.
    • 89 posts
    April 30, 2013 7:55 PM EDT
    I've never played it, ima have to get a copy.