Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favorite TES boss?

• 41 posts
    April 25, 2013 9:49 AM EDT

I'd say Miraak and Mercer Frey.

Alduin and Lord Harkon were just... disappointing. Alduin was very easy to kill and Harkon, was just annoying, VERY annoying. (Damn Drain Life spells)

Besides I never really played any other TES game, just Skyrim 

*dodges*

• 12 posts
    April 25, 2013 12:04 PM EDT

Umaril put up an amazing fight. I also loved fighting the gatekeeper from the Shivering Isles.

• 106 posts
    April 25, 2013 12:16 PM EDT

ebony warrior!!

• 24 posts
    May 5, 2013 2:48 PM EDT

I'd say the gauldersons, Morokei (He is a thief, stealing all my magicka like that!) and Kvenel the Slayer. 

But the hardest boss of all was..... A Horker! 

• 409 posts
    May 5, 2013 3:10 PM EDT
    I have to say the dragon priests. Those guys always gave me a challenge and I was never disappointed.
    • 37 posts
    May 5, 2013 9:55 PM EDT

Morrowind: Dagoth Ur

Oblivion: Jyggalag

Skyrim: Lord Harkon

the first two were no contest but in Skyrim Alduin and Miraak sucked as villains because Alduin had nothing to offer other than being the boss to defeated after a long dungeon crawl. Miraak on the other hand was the greatest disappointment in the Dragonborn DLC because i expected more lore on what it is to being a dragonborn rather just being a puppet for Hermaeus Mora. I mean WTF?!! Even his death was scripted! Couldn't he tell the player everything before his demise, which he surely knew was going to happen anyway?

PC Dragonborn: "Can't you at least tell me about being what we are and why we came into being?"

Miraak: "Well, look at the time. Mora wants to consume me utterly. Good luck asking him."

PC Dragonborn: "WTF?!! Well, back to slaying more dragons and taking their souls."

• 708 posts
    May 5, 2013 10:01 PM EDT

Miraak fight felt a bit more epic for me, on my first character I'd gotten to the Dragon Aspect wall before starting the Gardener of Men. After Mr Spoilerface died I read the book and went straight to the end. Still, they could've done a lot more with that fight rather than 'hit him until he becomes invincible and heals, rinse and repeat'

• May 6, 2013 12:51 AM EDT

Being honest Ponty, In my eyes Miraak was just some dweeb who thought he was all it because He had Dragon Aspect and Hermaeous Mora was on his side...

• 708 posts
    May 6, 2013 1:14 AM EDT

That's true. When you first see him it's pretty cool though, as well as when he steals you dragon souls all the time - finally get to kill him feels pretty good.

I think they should've built up a bit more mystery with him controlling randoms on the island though, by far the coolest moment of the DLC for me was doing that sidequest to distribute Sujamma in the tavern in Raven Rock, when suddenly everyone gets up, starts chanting and walks to the Earth Stone.

• 952 posts
    May 6, 2013 3:44 AM EDT
    I agree, it was a really interesting fight and he was voiced. Man that fight was creepy, scary, difficult and very Morrowindlike.
    • 952 posts
    May 6, 2013 3:50 AM EDT
    I must say that for Morrowind you forgot some. You had to fight the leader of House Redoran in the Arena in the Arena Canton in Vivec to become leader yourself, and he was like crazy strong with Ebony armour and a Deadric Daikatana. You also had Sjorre Rat-Hearth or something like that in the Fighters guild who you have to kill in order to become leader, even though this one was relatively easy. And Umbra as well. Morrowind had many bosses.
    • 708 posts
    May 6, 2013 3:53 AM EDT

I guess they didn't really stick out for me because I did them on a character that was level 20+, and the Redoran guy glitched up for me and the conversation option wasn't there!

The thing with these people is that they were 'just people' - I was only including the more unique bossfights

• 10 posts
    May 6, 2013 6:46 AM EDT

Old Orc.