Forums » Elder Scrolls

What is stronger - Vampire Lord or Werewolf?

• 1913 posts
    April 22, 2013 8:10 PM EDT
    I liked sun spells a lot more than turn undead spells, at least I could damage undead now...
    • 708 posts
    April 22, 2013 8:11 PM EDT

Vampire Lord

• Ridiculous Drain Life attack
    • Variety of extremely powerful spells and powers
    • Waterwalking
    • Kinda average melee
    • At higher levels, a healing cloak
    • Can control shapechanges
    • Weaker in sunlight

Werewolf

• Incredible speed and damage
    • Very tough
    • Can't heal quite as easily as the Vamp Lord (requires corpses)
    • Can't control shapechange
    • Knockdown most enemies with power attack
    • Overpowered as hell spammable fear shout
    • lack of ranged attacks
    • requires dead bodies to feed on to sustain life
    • Takes no penalty from the sun

It's really only worth comparing forms in perspective of the character that has them - a powerful smith/enchanter/warrior for example has little incentive to use Beast Form

• April 22, 2013 8:11 PM EDT
    Let's see, the Ring of Erudite, adds 100 magicka and doubles your magicka regeneration (easily pushing your magicka regeneration to 1000%), would improve vastly help anything that uses magic. And Ring of the Beast adds 100 health and 20 unarmed damage (meh on the last bit), would vastly help anything. Just one of those is more useful than any of the Rune artifacts.
    • 158 posts
    April 22, 2013 8:12 PM EDT

The point I was making there was that you were being somewhat hypocritical in the points you were making. Besides, what the hell does dawn guard have to do with lycans?

• 1913 posts
    April 22, 2013 8:13 PM EDT
    Stronger slashes, are faster, more health and stamina, can have a howl that summons two werewolves to help you destroy everything, they can regenerate in the sunlight and aren't weaker in it, have spam able howl that can force enemies to run away giving you time to chase them down/heal/run away, they aren't glitched by a companion
    • 158 posts
    April 22, 2013 8:14 PM EDT

Werewolf

• lack of ranged attacks
    • requires dead bodies to feed on to sustain life
    • Takes no penalty from the sun
    • 1913 posts
    April 22, 2013 8:15 PM EDT
    They aren't vampires, plus the Dawnguard dlc added Lycan perk trees, the 2 are intertwined kind of....
  • April 22, 2013 8:15 PM EDT
    Correction on a few of those.

A.) You can only use 1 howl at a time. So spammable fear or summon werewolves? You can pick.

B.) They don't regenerate health, except with the ring.

C.) They're the same speed as VL's, maybe a tad faster, but VL's can waterwalk.
    • 1913 posts
    April 22, 2013 8:16 PM EDT
    Ok, ant those wont be useful for someone that isn't a tank or Mage... What if I want to be ssneaky, those don't apply to me...
    • 158 posts
    April 22, 2013 8:18 PM EDT

If they don't apply to you, you don't need to use them! No one is forcing to you too! The same way if I don't use a bow and arrow as a mage, I'm not going to use "bows and arrows are useless because my mage doesn't use them" in a debate!

• 1483 posts

If Vampire Lord and Werewolf were pitted against each other VL would've won every time. Just grab with Vampiric Grip (even if it doesn't throw the werewolf it'll make him fall to the ground) and have two gargoyles summoned. When he gets up, throw him on the ground again

• 1913 posts
    Can't control shape change? What are you talking about? Wait 3 hours you turn back, equip the ring of Hircine and you are ready to go
  • April 22, 2013 8:19 PM EDT
    You pulled up the Rune artifacts (which are only helpful to either one handed or two handed people), so don't act like the rings aren't versatile (mages, spellswords, Battlemages, warriors, conjurers, etc). Especially that stupid ass shield (I friggin' hate that thing).
    • 1913 posts
    April 22, 2013 8:19 PM EDT
    But you say they are the best, you can't say they are the best when they don't apply to every character
    • 1913 posts
    April 22, 2013 8:20 PM EDT
    What does it matter for wager walking? When have you been in a fight where the enemy landed in water or went to swim instead of fight?
    • 1913 posts
    April 22, 2013 8:21 PM EDT
    That seems cheap, it has to be a fair fight, fight beast against beast. Melee only
    • 1483 posts
    April 22, 2013 8:22 PM EDT

Waterwalking gives you a vantage point from where you can freely spam drain life.

• 1913 posts
    April 22, 2013 8:23 PM EDT
    ... What are we doing? None of these arguments matter. What is useful to some will be pointless/annoying to another, it's all about personal preference
  • April 22, 2013 8:23 PM EDT
    *Facepalm* Have you even used Vampire Lord form?
    • 158 posts
    April 22, 2013 8:23 PM EDT

What? You don't cut off the shins of a tall guy in basketball? 

So essentially you think werewolves are stronger....as long as the VL has his main characteristics taken away?

• 1913 posts
    April 22, 2013 8:25 PM EDT
    I'm just saying, a beast should fight against another beast as a beast... Hand to hand
  • April 22, 2013 8:25 PM EDT
    That's like saying "Okay, we're gonna see who is the superior animal, man or tiger. But the man can't use any weapons, tools, or traps, he has to punch it to death."

That is the worst friggin' argument I have seen all week.
    • 1483 posts
    April 22, 2013 8:26 PM EDT

The question was not about personal preference but about which form is more powerful. The majority votes Vampire Lord.

• 158 posts

*facebrick*

• 490 posts

No... Vampire lords have blood magic. That is why they are vampires.