Forums » Elder Scrolls

Elder Scrolls Online: 20 Minutes leaked gameplay

• 708 posts
    April 15, 2013 7:17 AM EDT

Earlier today some leaked ESO footage made its way to the internet, showcasing character creation, a part of Stros M'Kai, and a bit of questing!

Unfortunately they've been taken down (for obvious reasons) but I can send you a link via PM if you ask nicely

Overall I'm pretty impressed considering this is very early beta!

• 708 posts
    April 15, 2013 7:17 AM EDT

In other news I'm really enjoying that character creation soundtrack!

• 1913 posts
    April 15, 2013 7:18 AM EDT
    Ok... Where is the excitement? You only posted this...
    • 708 posts
    April 15, 2013 7:19 AM EDT

You funny man. I know plenty of people looking forward to ESO, I posted it for the blog (now that's a warcry I'll have to keep for later) not just you

• 253 posts
    April 15, 2013 7:23 AM EDT

It looks like the characters from Oblivion, except not as bad...

• 1913 posts
    April 15, 2013 7:23 AM EDT
    But you said you will bring excitement... And this isn't that entertaining when this can be completely different than the final product, and either be great or terrible... Why even focus on it when it hasn't come out yet? All you will feel is disappointment because it will more than likely not meet expectations (*cough* legendary mode *cough*)
    • 1913 posts
    April 15, 2013 7:26 AM EDT
    And this isn't even me not liking MMO's... I was looking forward to League of Legends, the newest version of WoW, and Diablo 3 (it was the first ever Diablo game I heard of)
    • 708 posts
    April 15, 2013 7:29 AM EDT

That's your view, and I can respect that. I can assure you that plenty of people watched stuff in the lead up to Skyrim - isn't this much the same thing? We get to look at stuff we haven't seen before, like the active blocking, movement during combat, quest system, character creation, some of the world - indeed the scale of the world, the UI, and some of the stuff the devs were talking about like rewarding exploration with side quests etc.

• 708 posts
    April 15, 2013 7:32 AM EDT

LoL and Diablo aren't MMOs dude...

• 342 posts
    April 15, 2013 7:39 AM EDT

Looks like a pretty standard mmo so far (i'm discounting the bad playing and needless jumping around, I laughed my ass off when he walked backwards into the pack of wolves) in terms of layout of the world features.

I did like the ES look to the character creation and the interaction with quest npcs ( as opposed to the standard here is the quest spelled out for you in a wall of text you probably aren't going to read anyway and a list of your tasks and rewards for completing it.)

the inventory layout is also nice to see (sorting is a must have, can't say the number of times i ended up accidentally selling quest items in a rapid vendor trash dump).

and lore books!! < that pretty much sums itself up

• 1913 posts
    April 15, 2013 7:39 AM EDT
    Still... That is all talk... Actions speak loader than words. I don't take the word of designers/developers that seriously anymore, I did with mass effect 3 with them saying they were going to explain dark energy (nothing happened), they said it would be brand new gameplay (it's basically mass effect 2 with grenades), they said multiplayer won't be needed for single player (ha!).

Not trying to discourage anybody of the game, just trying to keep you from being disappointed
    • 1913 posts
    April 15, 2013 7:40 AM EDT
    Recently learned that, people kept saying it was... Liars everyone of them...
    • 377 posts
    April 15, 2013 8:14 AM EDT

wow...this is.. how so very blah! I'm not impressed. Not impressed at all. I'm confused, in what way is this an Elder Scrolls game? They should have never gone MMO. Big mistake, BIIIIG mistake.

• 708 posts
    April 15, 2013 8:23 AM EDT

I thought that too at first but keep in mind

• the player was a little stupid
    • this is very early beta/alpha
    • he never used any abilities
    • 856 posts
    April 15, 2013 9:01 AM EDT

Well, I got to see most of the character creation before it was taken down. The link works though.  Nice find Ponty.

• 966 posts
    April 15, 2013 9:37 AM EDT

Looks awesome for an early beta.

Everything is crude but they said they aren't even near the polishing up part. All in all I think this looks very promising.

They haven't even put in true ES first person, but it will be in the game when it launches.

• 153 posts
    April 15, 2013 9:48 AM EDT

Agreed, chances are this will end up like DC universe 

• 153 posts
    April 15, 2013 9:53 AM EDT

r u for real?
    First person view would definitely make ESO stand out

I am on the fence right now with ESO...
    It looks like it may be a great game allowing for a multiplayer TES experience...

But on the other hand it may just turn into WOW or into *shudders* something like DC universe 

Guess I will have to see if this will be worth the cash :/

• 966 posts
    April 15, 2013 9:59 AM EDT

Yup, they didn't have it in at the start but fans went beserk and Zenimax responded with creating a true ES first person mode. 

Look up some good vids on youtube and look here to see it won't turn into WoW or SC Universe.

• 708 posts
    April 15, 2013 5:28 PM EDT

If people did still want to see it I downloaded the video before it was taken down, I can put it on my Dropbox and send you a link

• 365 posts
    April 15, 2013 5:44 PM EDT

Please send me the video Lord Ponty of Kindness, King of all that is Sacred and Almighty.

I did ask nicely, as were the criteria, I believe :P

• 708 posts
    April 15, 2013 6:00 PM EDT

This will do

I'll upload it in a bit and PM the link to you

• 365 posts
    April 15, 2013 6:02 PM EDT

Cheers Pont :D

• April 16, 2013 5:11 PM EDT

Hey Ponty, I sent you a friend request and sent a message with that saying that I would love it if you could send me the link to the 20 Minute Video, Please get back to me, thanks :)

• 1 posts
    April 16, 2013 6:41 PM EDT

plz send me a pm with the link ;D