Forums » Elder Scrolls

Elder Scrolls Online Opinions

• 8 posts
    April 13, 2013 5:15 PM EDT

Okay so I'm gutted that I can't get ESO, as my laptop doesn't have a disk drive. The lore looks great and the gameplay looks superb. I've heard some rumours about console versions but that's unlikely. However, on the other hand, the thing I liked about playing Skyrim was, apart from the awesomeness of the game itself, just being able to sit down and game on my own and just get away from everyone else. An MMORPG changes that. Thoughts? 

• 34 posts
    April 13, 2013 11:52 PM EDT

I think ESO will be great. If you don't want to talk to anyone in the game, just solo it. There is no pressure to join a guild or travel with others. I personally can't wait because Skyrim is a dying game (unless they whip out some DLC soon). 

• 49 posts
    April 14, 2013 7:33 AM EDT

I am watching vids and blogs about it everyday. If it is as awesome as Zenimax says, it would perhaps be the best game of the decade. Just because it will be a MMORPG does NOT mean that you have to talk to other peeps. Although I think that it would be cooler to play with friends.

• 41 posts
    April 14, 2013 7:01 PM EDT

I don't know if you saw... but there was about a 20min leaked video.... its down now and unfortianatly I missed it but i heard it had some character creation and questing in it.

• 189 posts
    April 14, 2013 7:13 PM EDT

That video looked pretty bad...  Very generic MMO vibe.  The art wasn't very good either.  I was already extremely skeptical, and after seeing the leaked gameplay, the game is basically not even on my radar anymore.  You can probably find the video if you look in the right places. (I suggest finding a thread on reddit in /r/gaming or /r/Games, and sorting the comments by "new" to look for an active link.)

@Ulysses — How can you call Skyrim a "dying game"?  It's still officially selling for $59.99 on consoles, nearly a year and a half after its release.  That's unprecedented, especially for a game with no online/PvP elements.  We just received a major title update, and there's a good chance it will see one more DLC, along with another big patch.  Communities like the Skyrim Blog, the official Bethsoft forums, and /r/skyrim all seem to be holding steady, if not growing, in terms of active population over the past six months or so.  Skyrim is doing very well for itself, I think.

• 1913 posts
    April 14, 2013 7:40 PM EDT
    I don't trust MMO trailers because watch any MMO trailer and you will get the same isn't... Very dramatic visuals, epic fights, epic music pounding... And when you actually play the game it's nothing more than a generic WoW were you just click things and they die... No epic dodges or attacks, nothing that happened in the trailer represented anything for the game, it is also why the trailer for dragon age origins and 2 angered me...

Do I think it will be a bad MMO? No... Do I think it will live up to the hype? No... I believe it will be average at best... Like the last AVP game :)
    • 253 posts
    April 14, 2013 7:42 PM EDT

I agree with that. A lot of games by now would of been sent down to maybe 30-50$. That is a sign that they are doing well. Just take a look at the CB group, it seems hardly dying to me!

• 291 posts
    April 14, 2013 7:56 PM EDT

I wouldn't put it out of your mind entirely just yet.  Art style tends to change quite a bit throughout the alpha and beta stages.  If you're going to dismiss it, at least wait until open beta when the game's assets are guaranteed to be completed as close to "launch" quality as possible.  That should give you a more accurate idea of how bad or good the game will be.

In fact, why not go into open beta and decide for yourself.  Those things are mostly marketing, stress test, and "free trials" anyway.

• 34 posts
    April 15, 2013 2:46 AM EDT

@Teccam I did say unless they whip out some DLC. Patch 1.9 wasn't that exciting. I love this site, and I'm sure the other fans on other Skyrim forums do to. I personally have hit a wall with the game, playing the quest lines through so many times. I'm just waiting for something bigger and better. That being said I love Skyrim, probably more than you. I have Dragonborn socks.