Forums » Elder Scrolls

HUD vs No HUD

• 37 posts
    April 9, 2013 5:54 PM EDT

Recently I started a Hunter build where no magic compass or markers would be used so I would have to memorize the land. I've noticed that without the HUD I can read enemies more clearly since I am not distracted by Stamina, health, magicka, or enemy health meters. I have also noticed a great rush not knowing how the battle is going. The only issue I have is not being able to know if I am stealing an item, or trageting the right npc.

Anyways my question is how everyone feels for the HUD? Obviously, Console and PC players will have different experiences, but all are welcomed. Let's see what the pros and cons of having it off or on. 

• 1483 posts
    April 9, 2013 5:58 PM EDT

I personally was using a mod to hide the crosshair, compass, health, magicka and stamina bars but lately switched to completely removing hud via ingame settings and absolutely love it. I realized that the little hints as "Open Door, Loot Bandit, Pick Up Gold" really stand in the way of immersion. Sneaking is also way more enjoyable without hud

• 37 posts
    April 9, 2013 6:40 PM EDT

The only time I feel the HUD is absolutely needed is picking up items in a home or store you are friends with. But besides that, I really felt lost, even in an area I am very familiar with, like outside of Helgen. It just seems you see the world differently without the, what I now call, Terminator eyes.

• 1483 posts
    April 9, 2013 6:43 PM EDT

It takes time to get used to, but after that it'll be very rewarding experience

• 89 posts
    April 9, 2013 7:28 PM EDT
    I just recently stopped using the HUD and I love the feeling. Everything just feels right.
    • 37 posts
    April 9, 2013 7:40 PM EDT

Exactly how I feel. Plus hearing that music play and not knowing where the enemy is exhilarating.

• 106 posts
    April 9, 2013 9:39 PM EDT

I like it because I love having to pull out my map and its so much more immersion for me. And its more realistic

• 89 posts
    April 10, 2013 5:39 PM EDT
    I've taken off the musict too, so you have no warning whatsoever. Most memorable moment so far, I was ore mining when I just get blind sided by a sabre cat.
    • 37 posts
    April 22, 2013 6:09 PM EDT

In a way I did that. When I have to long distances I would put on my personal music.