Forums » Elder Scrolls

Which Guild do you think Bethesda should elaborate more on in a

• 28 posts
    April 6, 2013 10:48 AM EDT
    Title says it all...
  • April 6, 2013 10:54 AM EDT

I Think the Companions they could really make it more intresting than it is because they are werewolves.

• 67 posts
    April 6, 2013 11:08 AM EDT

There are a few ways in each different guild I would like to see them expanded:

College of Winterhold: A storyline that expands upon the Psijic Order is something many people wouldn’t seem to want. This could be tied in with the whole Aldmeri Dominion storyline as they are primarily Altmer. This could also expand further on what happened at the end of the College storyline with the Eye of Magnus. It could also be set on the missing Isle of Artaeum which would make sense as it would also add a new landmass.

College of Winterhold 2: The Synod were introduced to us at the conclusion of the College storyline, their role in Skyrim was small but could surely be expanded upon when the Empire learn about the existence of the Eye of Magnus.

Dark Brotherhood: With the restoration of the Brotherhood in Skyrim, they are massively weakened. I would love to see storylines based around recruiting new members or maybe even opening new sanctuaries (Assassin’s Creed style) and the growth of their power.

Dark Brotherhood 2: Solstheim has introduced the Morag Tong back to the Elder Scrolls, a questline concentrating on their struggles and rivalry with the DB could be great and would add lots for stealth based characters. It could even go as far as creating the splinter group the Crimson Scars using the increased Vampire presence from Dawnguard.

Thieves Guild: Now the Guild has expanded across Skyrim it is time that we begin to see quests such as my personal favourite ever quest: The Ultimate Heist from Oblivion. Quests on such a grand scale would be amazing and the scale of Skyrim allows for great quests such as this.

Companions: There could be some kind of questline that focuses on the history of the companions and Ysgramor. Maybe one that even takes you back to Atmora with the expansion taking place in that land.

• 80 posts
    April 6, 2013 12:42 PM EDT

I can think of few thing that could have expanded several questline.

1) An Oblivion Gate was opened by Ancano on the roof of the college and you had to go in and fight him to close it. There would be different sections that the Psiji Order and other teachers could help with and would actually require you to use all the schools of magic to actually advance before fighting Ancano.

2) They could have made you find Cicero in the Dawnstar Sanctuary for the Destroy the Dark Brotherhood mission and after killing him you find a contract list of high profile targets that the other assassins are going to kill and you have to intercept them before they are assassinated while slowing killing the assassins 1 by 1 until you get the password to the Falkreath Sanctuary to finish them off entirely.

3) Make the Silver hand a faction that is possible to join if you reject the werewolf blood. This allows for the option to learn to craft silver weapons and allow for a clearing of the werewolves of the companions either through a peaceful option of curing them or an evil option of killing them. Afterwards, the silver hand join the companions if they were cured or take over if killed.

Now these are just some concept but still they could have added some more diversity to some of the factions and made them somewhat more interesting.

• 1595 posts
    April 6, 2013 2:31 PM EDT

Can we include factions from past games and other aspects of TES history?

If it has to be just Skyrim guilds then I guess I'd like to see more of the Companions. The radiant quest system is quite clever but I prefered Oblivion's longer, slower Fighter's Guild questline.

• 8 posts
    April 6, 2013 3:32 PM EDT

Most guilds could use a hand or two. The Companions, although good NPCs, has got a quite short, not too deep questline. Maybe there could be quests regarding ancient companions, where Kodlak would give us info from the ancient dead (I don't want to post spoilers, that's why I'm not mentioning certain detail), and even go to Sovngarde to see previous masters.

The College has a few questions to answer, like those involving the Psyjic order, the Synod and the Eye of Magnus. A trip to their island, maybe?

Dark brotherhood we could see from other provinces, like Hammerfell associates, either way (if we've destroyed or joined the DB), and maybe add Morag Tong to the mix.

Thieves' guild I don't see many paths, it was great itself but I have no idea how they'd continue.

DLC guilds I highly doubt they'd get updates, as not everyone has them. But it'd be nice to meet new vampire hunters that are mercenaries, and vampires from other provinces, with other abilities. Of course, you'd meet both either faction you joined. I just can imagine an Argonian or someone in some dark armor, a sword and a crossbow travelling along the road in search for blood-drinkers!

Although not guilds, it'd be nice to see more quests involving imperials and stormcloaks, aside from the civil war.

Or even we could see guilds MEET, maybe as an aid for you in a war, or for some reason. I just think there are many possibilities that Beth should explore. Like old projects like the Arena in Windhelm, or the ideas given in this topic.

• 28 posts
    April 7, 2013 9:46 PM EDT
    I'm gonna have to agree with a majority and say Companions.I mean your the leader of Skyrim's best warriors and your stuck doing odd jobs?That is messed up...

And if Bethesda were to add another guild,I'd say a bandit clan. It'd be nice to raid caravans,villages, and get double your cut than you would with the Theives.
    • 158 posts
    April 8, 2013 1:21 AM EDT

I'll set out my response the same way dovahreid did because I'm super creative :P

College of Winterhold: As archmage you have exactly 0 responsibilities but I'll leave that alone for now. Throughout the quest line there is constant reference to how much outsiders dislike the college. Following the events of the eye of magnus you would think the local populous react. So, to expand I think the college should work to defend itself from a growing army of enemies against magic. This sort of revolt could further prompt the psyjiic order to intervene and possibly give you "honorary membership"

Dark Brotherhood: "The dark brotherhood was once respected and feared throughout tamriel. It is now a shadow of itself" etc etc I'm paraphrasing. Finally the DB is stable. It has leadership and a base. Why then, would they not try and bring themselves up to their former power. I think as a further quest line it should be the brotherhood trying to establish more sanctuaries and power while the morag tong (whats left of them) try to do the same and clash with you at regular intervals. An all out war in the shadows. How fantastic would that be!

Thieves Guild: Should try to fill the vault with riches again while trying to maintain control of skyrims "criminal underground".

Companions: I feel, story wise, as though they wrapped this up nicely and can't really see much to add. Gameplay wise, have jobs that extend beyond "resolve this dispute". You are the companions, the best warriors in the lands! some larger scale jobs would be nice. Additionally, a separate, yet conjoined storyline letting you join the silver hand was and still is something that should be implemented.

• 89 posts
    April 8, 2013 1:31 AM EDT
    I hate it when they talk smack about the College of Winterhold or recommend it to me and I'm like hey bro, Archmage over here...pay attention to who your talking to and please show a lil respect.
    • 8 posts
    April 8, 2013 6:44 AM EDT

These are great ideas but the dark brotherhood one is impossible. Remember the sanctuary is the "last remaining refuge in all of Tamriel". Encounters with the Morag Tong would be nice though

• 108 posts
    April 8, 2013 10:13 AM EDT

I agree completely. Guilds should also be mutually exclusive to some extend.

• 108 posts
    April 8, 2013 10:14 AM EDT

I would love to see a real bards guild. We are not just thieves, you know. ^_^

• 28 posts
    April 8, 2013 4:51 PM EDT
    Does anyone wish that Bethesda was reading this blog right now for ideas?Just me?Hello?????
    • 966 posts
    April 8, 2013 4:54 PM EDT

Well, it's not that unrealistic. We know that they know about us at least.