Forums » Elder Scrolls

The most repulsive creature in Skyrim

• 1483 posts
    April 5, 2013 4:08 PM EDT

Skyrim offers players a lot of disgusting and ugly creatures to slay. I wondered what creature do you find the most repulsive of all. For me it Chaurus is the most loathsome creature ever! The sound they make when moving, the poisonous saliva dripping from their mouth...

• 10 posts
    April 5, 2013 4:15 PM EDT

For some reason I can't think of a creature in Skyrim I find repulsive. The first time I played Skyrim I found the frostbite spiders looked a bit creepy but now that I have been playing the game for 2 years, there is nothing that really surprises me anymore.

• 1483 posts
    April 5, 2013 4:20 PM EDT

Sure but which creature you'd find the scariest or most disgusting if it existed in real life?

• 365 posts
    April 5, 2013 4:28 PM EDT

Scariest: Chaurus Hunter Fledglings or Giants (because they're big, and carry massive fucking clubs...)

Most Reulsive: Hagravens

• 1483 posts
    April 5, 2013 4:37 PM EDT

I remember jumping up first time when one of these fledglings popped out of his cocoon! And the hagravens, yewww...

• 291 posts
    April 5, 2013 6:18 PM EDT

Scary:  Gargoyles.  I hate that they pop out.  I don't care how super awesome they look.  I just really hate that they pop out and there's nothing I can do to sneak up on them!

Repulsive: Falmer.  It's really a tie between them and Chaurus, but I chose the Falmer.  If I were to encounter one in real life, I would feel so horrified by its blindness and clammy, white skin that I'd feel compelled to murder it to put it out of its misery.

• 89 posts
    April 5, 2013 6:21 PM EDT
    You nailed it, hagravens look freakin hideous, but chaurus Hunters...they just scare the living shit outta me!
  • April 5, 2013 6:22 PM EDT

Maven Black Briar.

• 1483 posts
    April 5, 2013 6:25 PM EDT

On my first playthrough the first Falmer I encountered jumped from those holes they have right in front of me. It didn't detect me but was so close that it's face filled all my screen. I saw all the little details in it and it was horrible! "It's probably very dangerous" I thought and killed it with sneak attack. Then I learned more about their sad history and pitied them. Now I mostly try to sneak past them, leaving them to their business...

• 1483 posts
    April 5, 2013 6:27 PM EDT

I suppose you can count her as a creature 

• 1483 posts
    April 5, 2013 6:29 PM EDT

I liked Death Dogs. Even kept one as a pet on my evil playthrough  Esbern was cool until started talking about killing... 

• 291 posts
    April 5, 2013 6:32 PM EDT

Esbern was cool when you first met him.  I just wish he didn't get all huffy about Paarthanax and being a Blade.  I liked it much better when he was the old, scatter-brained "loremaster" of the Blades. :)  I wished I could take him with me so he could tell me all about the various ruins I was exploring.

• 1483 posts
    April 5, 2013 6:36 PM EDT

He also manages to dig out a book with most named dragons and their histories!

• 1483 posts
    April 5, 2013 6:53 PM EDT

What about Lurkers? I met my first one near Tel Mithryn. It just rise from the water and began to spit it's tentacle goo. I was like "WTF?" 

• 1483 posts
    April 5, 2013 7:08 PM EDT

Yeah I have the same problem recently (mostly because I began to play DiD on Legendary, lol ). I'm thinking to reinstall Dragon Age Origins 

• 253 posts
    April 5, 2013 11:05 PM EDT

Yo mama!

Actually I would say hagravens, they are pretty nasty. 

• 1913 posts
    April 5, 2013 11:37 PM EDT
    The whole quest I was just thinking "what did I do last night? Who do I have to apologize to?"
    • 291 posts
    April 5, 2013 11:40 PM EDT

"Darling! I've been waiting for you to return, to consummate our love!"

• 1913 posts
    April 5, 2013 11:51 PM EDT
    I already have a girlfriend.... So... Yeah... Awkward..
  • April 6, 2013 12:04 AM EDT
    She wasn't talking to you, in fact I don't think any girl would ever say that to you :P Burn....
    • 1913 posts
    April 6, 2013 12:07 AM EDT
    You fail at the dishonored hand symbol...
    • 106 posts
    April 6, 2013 1:06 AM EDT

Glemoril witches. "You belong to hircine now!" "Fuck it, I'm otta here" lol

• 12 posts
    April 6, 2013 1:57 AM EDT

If there was ever a book written about your family, the chapter about you would be entitled "Dishonored" 

• 49 posts
    April 6, 2013 3:51 AM EDT

I scream out loud whenever I see a seeker (DB)!!!! Just the way that they move and look makes me piss my pants. Oh and the fact that they SPIT TENTACLES!!!!!!

• 13 posts
    April 6, 2013 8:06 AM EDT

For me there is nothing more frightening than going to a deep underground cave full of falmers, chaurus reaper and chaurus hunter specially if i play on expert or master difficulty.

I always remember my first encounter with them in Frostflow Lighthouse as i entered the Lighthouse i heard that strange noise then i saw the dead bodies and read their journal... my imagination did the rest... and then further deep in the bowel of that cursed Lighthouse i saw my first Chaurus and they fulfilled my expectations of the repulsive creature mentioned in the journals. Well done Bethesda!