Forums » Elder Scrolls

Skyrim Outfits

• 35 posts
    March 30, 2013 7:02 PM EDT

Hey, anyone ever think of making a "Skyrim Outfits" thread, like a place were people can record different clothing match-ups that look good in the game? Just an idea.

• 106 posts
    March 30, 2013 7:19 PM EDT

I love that idea. I'm huge on aesthetics so that would be really helpful 

• 1483 posts
    March 30, 2013 7:23 PM EDT

I think there was a discussion like that recently. Something like mixed outfits...

Anyway, I can name a few off the top of my head for male characters:

Ebony Boots, Ebony Gauntlets, Ebony Maiil, Shrouded Hood

Bonemold Boots, Bonemold Gauntlets, Dwarven Armor, Aetherial Crown

Necromancer Boots, Necromancer Robes, Dragon Priest Mask

• 189 posts
    March 30, 2013 7:24 PM EDT

I'd be on board with that.  I always put a lot of consideration into the appearance of my characters' clothes/armor.  Here are a few of my favorites:

* Ebony Mail + Nightingale Hood + Ebony Boots/Gauntlets

* Nordic Carved Armor + Zahkriisos + Nordic Carved Boots/Gauntlets (I'm using this in my next build, so if you guys steal it, I'll beat you up)

* Elven Light Armor + Diadem of the Savant + Elven Light Boots/Gauntlets

* Red/Black Vampire Armor + Redguard Hood + Vampire Boots/Gauntlets

* Banded Iron Armor + Novice Hood + Iron Boots/Gauntlets

• 35 posts
    March 30, 2013 7:25 PM EDT

Yeah, I searched the blog and forums, and I could not find it anywhere. It would be cool to get different takes on outfits, whether they are themed outfits, or just stuff that looks good together. Roleplay could also be involved with the outfits. I thought of this idea as I was playing just now, I combined the Dawnguard Light Armor chest, boots, and gauntlets with an apprentice hood and it looks phenomenal, with no clipping. The apprentice hood has a sort of design on it that matches in color and style to the design on the Dawnguard armor. It just works :) I want to hear other people's ideas of great outfits and both their pros/cons (clipping and such).

• 35 posts
    March 30, 2013 7:27 PM EDT

Well good, I guess we can just share ideas in this discussion here. Just post your favorite outfits for others to try! :)

• 189 posts
    March 30, 2013 7:27 PM EDT

I take it you're using the brown light DG armor, with no pauldrons?  Do you have a screenshot/image by any chance?

• 35 posts
    March 30, 2013 7:29 PM EDT

Dawnguard Armor + Dawnguard Boots + Dawguard Gauntlets + Apprentice Hood - Very cool paladin outfit

• 35 posts
    March 30, 2013 7:30 PM EDT

Yes, brown, light, no shoulder pads :)

Unfortunately, I do not have a screenshot, for I am on PS3 :( But I will try to get a picture, and we can post them here too.

• 1483 posts
    March 30, 2013 7:30 PM EDT

The combo in Henson's The Forgotten build - Bonemold Armor/Boots/Gauntlets + Dukaan

• 81 posts
    March 30, 2013 7:36 PM EDT
    I think it was called armour combos or something like that.
    • 35 posts
    March 30, 2013 7:38 PM EDT

Well I guess this can be the new spot to post some as you discover them while you play :)

• 9 posts
    March 30, 2013 8:26 PM EDT

forester outfit: Dawngaurd boots and gauntlets + clothes (looks like miner clothes with tan shirt and green pants) + cowl (green) 

Imperial assassin: Darkbrotherhood Cowl (masked), boots, and gauntlets + The Penitus Oculatus Armor

vampire hunter: Dawngaurd light armor (brown) + vampire boots and gloves + thieves hood 

• 35 posts
    March 30, 2013 8:35 PM EDT

I like the forester outfit - it is a good one for a scout character :)

• 153 posts
    March 30, 2013 8:45 PM EDT
    Thalmor assassin--> nightingale hood/boots, thalmor robes (hood less), thalmor gauntlets(gloves)

Thalmor royal guard - thalmor hood less, ebony gauntlets/boots, ebony helmet
    • 35 posts
    March 30, 2013 8:47 PM EDT

Wow those are great for High Elf characters, especially a mage build or sorcerer build, would match with those very well.

• 35 posts
    March 30, 2013 8:58 PM EDT

Any gauntlets that look good with Archmage Robes and don't clip??

• 153 posts
    March 30, 2013 9:14 PM EDT
    "boots" in the archmage's room is good as it gives a 40% resistance to shick and resets, fur braces is also good but if u want the Mage armour bonus than I suggest using ulfric's braces
    • 153 posts
    March 30, 2013 9:15 PM EDT
    If anyone with a pc the. Can they make this armour set? And show the pic
    • 35 posts
    March 30, 2013 9:17 PM EDT

Thanks a ton! I hate clipping... lol

• 153 posts
    March 30, 2013 9:17 PM EDT
    Snow adventurer - wolf armour/boots, fur braces, adept hood
    • 35 posts
    March 30, 2013 9:19 PM EDT

Great one, a Nord adventurer's delight! 

• 189 posts
    March 30, 2013 9:30 PM EDT

I like using the Mystic Tuning Gloves.  No AR, so you can use the Mage Armor perks with them.  They're cool looking too, and unique.

• 35 posts
    March 30, 2013 9:36 PM EDT

Another toughie is head wear for Argonians.....

• 35 posts
    March 30, 2013 9:41 PM EDT

Hmm hide bracers mesh perfectly with Archmage robes :)