Forums » Elder Scrolls

Farkas is horrible!

• 89 posts
    March 29, 2013 4:12 PM EDT
    I'm sure someone else has gone through this before, but you know when you start the companion quests on higher levels or even on lower levels and you haven't devoted yourself to being a pure warrior, or god forbid your a high level thief cuz if that's the case then you are really screwed.

Anyways, this guy is a freakin idiot! He carries a 2h skyforge greatsword which is not his specialty to begin with, he then drops it when turning into a werewolf an effect that he will never ever use again regardless of how bad were getting pwned. If you manage to equip it back on him it doesn't really make a difference cuz the guy can't one hit a skeever! All I can say is I hope your not a sneak character cuz if you are then it is worse...much worse.
    • 1483 posts
    March 29, 2013 4:17 PM EDT

You just wait to the end of the questline  

I once played the Companions questline with a pacifist thief character and found a way to not let him engage in the combat at all. Paralyzed him in the start of the dungeon, then quickly rushed through the whole dungeon with silent rolls and invisibility. When I've reached the word wall I waited for a hour and he teleported himself to me  

• 89 posts
    March 29, 2013 4:39 PM EDT
    Really...does the guy not follow you and bring all the enemies right at you?
  • March 29, 2013 4:48 PM EDT
    Yeah, he's a blacksmith class NPC :P
    • 31 posts
    March 29, 2013 5:06 PM EDT

lol.. you seriously silent rolls all the way to the end of the dungeon?

• 1483 posts
    March 29, 2013 5:10 PM EDT

Yep  The final fight was a pain however.

• 118 posts
    March 29, 2013 6:15 PM EDT

Such a shame cause Vilkas is one of the best melee followers in the game yet Farkas is worthless

• 1483 posts
    March 29, 2013 6:17 PM EDT

Yeah I guess brain is a big factor 

• 708 posts
    March 29, 2013 7:22 PM EDT

That's a real issue especially on higher difficulties, since the difficulty only affects you! It's really depressing when you're about level 30 and the Riekling you've given a Giant's Club is better than you...

• 89 posts
    March 29, 2013 7:24 PM EDT
    Its obvious the only reason Farkas is a companion is cuz he's Vilkas's brother. The way I see it the companions are like here's you're quest if you can manage to complete it with this moron tagging along then your good.
    • 89 posts
    March 29, 2013 7:45 PM EDT
    He's definitely one of the better characters in the game though, HORRIBLE follower but great character. I mean you actually get to experience his stupidity, there's no way around it if you wanna be a companion, or if you wanna skyforge axe which is my case.
    • 89 posts
    March 29, 2013 11:19 PM EDT
    Lol...he's so retarded. I can't get his "Watch yourself brother" quote out of my head, reminds me of Hulk Hogan.
    • 31 posts
    March 29, 2013 11:28 PM EDT

Muffle + Invisibility spells and you can run all the way to the end without rolling and notify the enemies. 

• 118 posts
    March 30, 2013 3:26 AM EDT
    Whatcha gonna do when Farkster and all the Farkamaniacs come for you brother?!
    • 1483 posts
    March 30, 2013 6:07 AM EDT
    Didnt have those at the time (((( Only a bunch of potions and poisons )))
    • 31 posts
    March 30, 2013 9:16 AM EDT

you can just invisible and rush through it. they might notice you presence, but only for a short while. :p

• 1483 posts
    March 30, 2013 10:52 AM EDT

Yeah but it will not let me wait in the end saying you're in combat. Besides Farkas may end up killing some weak draugr and ruin my stats )))