Forums » Elder Scrolls

Roleplaying quirks

• 409 posts
    March 26, 2013 6:56 PM EDT

For most roleplayers when they rolplay a character it is different than any one they have before. But if you are like me then there is something that you do for every character no matter what it is. My quirk is that no matter what character I play they alway have to have a dagger even if I know they will never use it. What is you roleplaying quirk (if you have one) discuss.

• 1913 posts
    March 26, 2013 6:58 PM EDT
    For me, it's collecting books, even if the character wouldn't read them...
    • 189 posts
    March 26, 2013 7:07 PM EDT

Like Brynjolf, I always collect books.  I don't always display them on a shelf, but any unique or notable books will absolutely be added to some type of storage space.

Another one for me is always closing doors after NPCs, since they all leave them open.  Especially true with the cabinet door to Delphine's secret room in the Sleeping Giant Inn...  I always make sure to close the false back panel and the cabinet itself when entering and exiting.  It seems silly to me to leave them open, as NPCs occasionally wander into that bedroom, where they would of course see the wide open secret door to the secret room...

• March 26, 2013 7:26 PM EDT
    I cannot walk pass ore sources. All my characters have a pickaxe hidden deep in their pockets, and they'll use it! Even if they have no use for iron nor gold.
    • 5 posts
    March 26, 2013 7:33 PM EDT

I always seem to horde potions, even if my character uses restoration. And I always, no matter what, have a bow and at least 50 arrows with me.

• 5 posts
    March 26, 2013 7:33 PM EDT

valuable stones like emeralds, sapphires, diamonds. i never sell them, i just keep them on me or in a safe in my house. i like to feel wealthy no matter what character i'm using. it's so bad that I've had up to 200 weight in just gems.

• 365 posts
    March 26, 2013 7:37 PM EDT

I also like to collect all the gems I find and any loose gold aswell (even for example 1 gold in the corner of a dungeon in a secret room with no other treasure). I like to collect and view the gems in the my inventory aswell, they're quite exquisite things of beauty.

• 131 posts
    March 26, 2013 8:41 PM EDT

Most of my characters end up hoarding lots of gold, gems, and jewelry. Some of it gets sold and my enchanters have fun with them. Then there's the notion that most if not all my characters need a set of "normal" clothes. Something that townspeople NPCs would wear around.

• 229 posts
    March 26, 2013 8:56 PM EDT

My quirk is I amass insane amounts of gold and other items. 700,000 Gold on my main profile, not counting the 15,629 in my inventory.

• 6 posts
    March 26, 2013 11:33 PM EDT

I do the exact same thing! I always get an iron or steel dagger in the beginning, even if i'm a mage, and never get rid of it or smith it or use it! 

• 4 posts
    March 27, 2013 12:40 AM EDT

For all my characters, I have loved and never passed up a chance for smithing, whether it's putting some leather sneaking boots or dragonhide armour, or anything between.

• 1 posts
    March 27, 2013 2:06 AM EDT

i have this need to collect at least one of every item, even if i'm never going to use them for anything.

• 1483 posts
    March 27, 2013 8:19 AM EDT

My characters always eats bread and cheese in the morning, and I carry only the types of food that stay fresh for a long time like Salmon Steaks. And all of them carry a potion of cure disease with them.

• 557 posts
    March 27, 2013 8:58 AM EDT
    I always use a tactical approach. I do something to make a lot of noise from a distance, like use a shout, then run to cover and take out my enemy with a bow.

Then usually eat their corpse and raise them as a thrall, but that's beside the point.
    • 1483 posts
    March 27, 2013 9:07 AM EDT

I once decided to read all the books in Skyrim. Was reading for about a week every day and still didn't read all of them 

• 253 posts
    March 27, 2013 9:16 AM EDT

One thing is that even though by far I am a powerplayer over roleplayer, I always try to sleep at least 5-8 hours a day. I also horde potions (primarily healing and magicka ones) but never use them.

One thing I used to do (not so much anymore) is give all my characters a favorite food. Maybe my barbarian likes fine wine and grilled steak with cheese, and my mage likes mead and raw venison. That type of thing. 

• 409 posts
    March 27, 2013 11:00 AM EDT

I have also found myself hording gems on some characters.

• 409 posts
    March 27, 2013 11:02 AM EDT

I do that on all my non-nomadic characters.

• 409 posts
    March 27, 2013 11:03 AM EDT

I do it with the thought: What if my character lost his weapon or it broke? or What if I were to run out of magicka in battle and be defenseless?

• 856 posts
    March 27, 2013 11:09 AM EDT

Excellent question.  When I first read this post, it took me a while. to think of something that all of my characters do.  Aside from my hardcore rules (eat/sleep/ironman/etc.), the only commonality I could find was:

Once I enter a dungeon and decide to explore it, I will search every room, every corner, every part of the dungeon that I can.

• 661 posts
    March 27, 2013 11:15 AM EDT

Carry a Katana when I am High Elf, or make enchant a glass sword and rename it "Thee Emerald Sword".

• 1913 posts
    March 27, 2013 11:30 AM EDT
    Ok... 3 things...

1. The way you spell it, the name would be "you emerald sword"

2. Shouldn't it be an elven sword if you are a high elf? That is their own weaponry

3. If you are going to name it "Emerald sword" wouldnt it make much more logical sense to carry a glass sword?
    • 13 posts
    March 27, 2013 11:50 AM EDT

Yeah i did pretty much the same with one of my Mage Characters, i made me a new home near Morthal with three Towers and then i filled the library with every book i found, soon i realized that the library is far to small to build a great collection and i also had some glitches with the bookshelves, sometimes books disappeared from the shelves when i activated it. So i thought that it isn't worth my time and moved on.

Normally i have one quirk which i tend to do with Assassin Characters... i leave one Deathbell on every Men or Woman i kill, i use it like a signature and it's my way to say I came, I saw, I conquered. 

• 1 posts
    March 29, 2013 8:47 PM EDT

For me it is always a healing spell! I just can't help myself. even on evil builds when it doesn't make any sense.

• 35 posts
    March 29, 2013 8:52 PM EDT

Thats an awesome idea :)