Forums » Elder Scrolls

Community ESO Guild

• 18 posts
    March 19, 2013 4:21 PM EDT

As everyone knows the elder scrolls online is coming soon and I am very excited as probably most of you. This idea came across to me one day I and I figured since we are all going to be playing the game anyway, why not create a guild? The admins like Ben could be guild leaders and we could do community events. Tell me if you think if its a good idea and how many of you are exhilarated for the next title in the elder scrolls series( not by beth :( )

• 856 posts
    March 19, 2013 4:28 PM EDT

This has been discussed, but no action has yet been taken - I think we are waiting for ESO to get closer.  And yes, this is a good idea - we may even end up with more than one guild.  Most likely it'll be one group for ESO with the guild(s) being part within that group.

I would be interested in joining (one, some, all?).  Due to time restraints, I have no desire to host a group, nor a guild at them moment.

• 966 posts
    March 19, 2013 4:30 PM EDT

Facebook should be used a lot, I hear it would make everything way easier. Especially since everything will be phased, and we should use FB to make sure we all phase to the same place. I already made a FB account for ESO.

Problem is, we all want to go to different alliances, so we don't know yet if we want to just make one guild or several local guilds run by.. Whoever Paul appoints and who wants to I guess.

We can join more than one guild, so we can always join one for PVP if we don't intent to be a part of the war, we haven't discussed much at all.^^

And then there are mega-servers wich may or may not be continent based, I think they are. And if so, we should probably pick the European server.

• 557 posts
    March 19, 2013 4:30 PM EDT

I'll have my own Argonian Guild running around out there! 

• 966 posts
    March 19, 2013 4:31 PM EDT

And still be part of the blog guild I hope? 

• 180 posts
    March 19, 2013 4:34 PM EDT

I'll be getting ESO and when I do, I'd love to join a community guild.

• 18 posts
    March 19, 2013 4:34 PM EDT

Zenimax said beta will be for "normal" people starting around next month. Sofar only important people have played it :C

• 490 posts
    March 19, 2013 4:37 PM EDT

Everyone should choose their favorite build here and jump into ESO, make one big Skyrimblog clan of DOOM.

• 18 posts
    March 19, 2013 4:39 PM EDT

Ive heard on some podcasts that people have like a thief dragonknights and other weird combos. I would love to see everyone play a build they made or enjoy. 

• 297 posts
    March 19, 2013 4:40 PM EDT

this has been discussed before around the time rumblings first began about eso ,

im up for it but we need a leader with experience otherwise the guild wont last pissing time

• 18 posts
    March 19, 2013 4:41 PM EDT

Paul 

• 557 posts
    March 19, 2013 4:45 PM EDT

Of course! 

• 557 posts
    March 19, 2013 4:45 PM EDT

Aleron Nyx reporting for duty! 

• 18 posts
    March 19, 2013 4:46 PM EDT

Zenimax said you will be able to join multiple guilds but, loyalty may be an issue.

• 297 posts
    March 19, 2013 4:48 PM EDT

hey id love if paul did that (he has my bow) , but if he has never led a guild it's pointless there is a lot too do 'events' 'new sign-ups' a calendar of tasks/deadlines for guild growth it must be someone who has had success in the past , Paul have you ever done this?

and even if you haven't you will always be the guilds spiritual leader

• 966 posts
    March 19, 2013 4:50 PM EDT

Aye, we don't even know if Paul wants to do it, we can't just assume that he'll run the whole thing just like that, he's got a site to run as well as a social life. 

And then there's the matter of being in different alliances, I doubt even Paul could run 3 guilds at the same time with different characters.

• 18 posts
    March 19, 2013 4:52 PM EDT

Well if it does happen Paul can do his magic and make a pole for one faction. Maybe Ponty or Mason for leader?

• 661 posts
    March 19, 2013 4:53 PM EDT

Hell Yes Jesus needs to be a Guild Leader!

• 297 posts
    March 19, 2013 4:57 PM EDT

again we need these guys  Want too do it and also we need too know if they have credentials ont get me wrong i love those guys but without any experience it will die almost straight away

• March 19, 2013 5:00 PM EDT

I'd be up for being part of a mega-guild if it gets set up. That's if I actually decide to play ESO, I'm still very much on the fence and I don't actually have a computer that can support it.

I just want to explore Tamriel with my lightly armored sellsword, refusing loot and just enjoying the game for its visuals and tactical gameplay. As a rule I really don't like games that make me pick up junk and sell them in town, I like Skyrim's freedom to let you make your own rules about how to play and succeed. I love playing characters who earn their wealth not by robbing the dead but by doing honest work. There's no job too big or too small so long as there's someone in need.

• 661 posts
    March 19, 2013 5:05 PM EDT

Thats actually not a bad idea.

• 966 posts
    March 19, 2013 5:11 PM EDT

Meh, we don't know what the focus is going to be, if it's going to be mostly role-playing then we wouldn't need a leader with the war skillz of Tiber Septim.

I believe Ponty does play a lot of these sort of games, although I could be mistaken.

I have a fair amount of experience with leading guilds, just not in MMO's..

• 966 posts
    March 19, 2013 5:12 PM EDT

You can be put in a phase with only people that role-play too, you can still play in any way you want.

• 952 posts
    March 19, 2013 5:22 PM EDT

Apparently they will be send at the end of this month.

• 708 posts
    March 19, 2013 5:25 PM EDT

I did run a small guild back when I played Runes of Magic but it was more just a group of friends rather than a proper guild. I did have all the resource donations and whatnot downpat but it really wasn't big enough to do any PVP, and our timezones were too different to have scheduled events. As much as I'd like to run a guild for ESO due to my timezone (I live in Australia, at the time of posting this comment it's 7:25am on the 20th) I don't think it'd work too well.