Forums » Elder Scrolls

Beast races should be more beastial...

• 64 posts
    March 17, 2013 10:33 PM EDT
    This might be just my opinion but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway, I think the argonians and kahjiits look to humanized. Not so much the face but more of the feet. Why does my argonian wear boots?? I want to see razor sharp claws! I want the legs to look animalistic(only way I can think of describing this. Check out the pictures on the Archein build).

Your thoughts?
    • 856 posts
    March 17, 2013 11:07 PM EDT

I agree.  The beast races should have digitigrade (walk on toes) feet.   I would like to have seen a different posture as well.  And it's a bit obvious that their tails were just stuck on as an afterthought.  Bethesda was very lazy with the beast-folk designs.

• 64 posts
    March 17, 2013 11:11 PM EDT
    And armor that goes with it. Like doesn't cover the actual foot, but just the shin
    • 856 posts
    March 17, 2013 11:15 PM EDT

I like this idea - the shin and the very top portion of the foot.  A 'shin guard' could essentially be the 'boot' armor slot for the beast races (so they still have the same number of pieces as the other races).

• 64 posts
    March 17, 2013 11:20 PM EDT
    Simple Solution: Add another creation slider for beast races to change the style of their feet in character creation
    • 118 posts
    March 18, 2013 1:54 AM EDT
    Or a khajiit that goes on 4 legs when you sprint
    • 952 posts
    March 18, 2013 7:33 AM EDT
    You would love Morrowind then.
    • 14 posts
    March 18, 2013 12:04 PM EDT

In Morrowind, Khajiits and Argonians were digitigraded. Khajiits come in a variety of forms, including digitigraded and plantigraded subspecies. As for Argonians... They look good in either form.

• 64 posts
    March 18, 2013 12:07 PM EDT
    Do you know why Bethesda didn't keep that kind of customization? was it just laziness?
    • 64 posts
    March 18, 2013 12:46 PM EDT
    Khajiit sprinting animations and argonian swimming animations. I agree with you about the khajiit going on all fours, and argonians should propel themselves through the water with their tails like the lore suggests.
    • 7 posts
    March 18, 2013 1:45 PM EDT

i wouldnt say laziness...design some of the arguably biggest games, push the power of consoles with every edition and u realize u have to make cuts. i mean look at the bugs in this game, or the cutting of items at least...khajit and argonian tails, long hair thru armor, sowrds thru cape outfits. now imaagine the "bowlegged" walking of Argonians from morrowwind and seeing their legs cutting thru straight legged armor, (and this is prob a problem they had during oblivion and the striaght bipedal of all races just continued to skyrim) so i wouldnt say lazy, id say prioritize whats important and what to spend time on. i mean even since oblivion the designs are so much better i COULDNT play khajit or argonian in oblivion. but in skyrim my first character to get to endgame was a khajit.

• 37 posts
    March 18, 2013 6:33 PM EDT

I remember in Morrowind Argonians had a sort of penguin wattle in their step. I can't remember much of the Khajiit to be honest.