Forums » Elder Scrolls

You like mage followers? Then read this

• 41 posts
    March 15, 2013 8:58 PM EDT

I think I just figured out how to make your mage followers equip better robes without using pickpoket(to take out their original gear).

You see, when playing with my paladin, I normally use llia as my follower(a very powerful frost mage, you can find her in an abandoned fort just south of Riften). She starts using normal mage hooded hobes. Since she also like to use a one handed weapon and fight in a spell-sword style i tried giving her some armor, but she only equiped the gauntlets and the boots.

Just a few minutes ago I was in a Dragon Priest dungeon, after killing the Dragon priest I noticed that I was carring too much stuff so I gave her some of my loot , and when i gaved her the Dragon Priest mask she equiped it(she was refusing to equip even circlets before that). Since she wasn't using a hood(it was just a hooded robe) she got naked   But by doing so I was able to get her wearing armor, since she wasn't using any gear on her "body part". I wondered if she would equip robes as well and she did! Now you can finally give your mage follower the Arch mage robes.

PS: I'm not sure if this will work with the students from the College, since they are wearing hoods AND robes, not just hooded robes. Still, It's a fine discovery, right?

PS: I know, my english sucks, sorry for that.

• 365 posts
    March 15, 2013 9:08 PM EDT

At first I thought it said hobo

I was like "Wear a hobo?! What the actual fuck..."   

• 29 posts
    March 15, 2013 9:10 PM EDT

or "hobes" is his slang for hooded robes 

• 365 posts
    March 15, 2013 9:10 PM EDT

I think Macurio is the best mage follower really, he's adept, so he has pretty good destruction spells.

• 41 posts
    March 15, 2013 9:11 PM EDT

like I saind before, my english sucks. But damn, I was pretty sure it was "hobes". Damn you google...

• 365 posts
    March 15, 2013 9:12 PM EDT

And I found this out before, becuase I purpousely gave Serana a Nahkriin mask, but she kept swaping it out for her black defualt hood, even though the DP mask was way better.

Good find though.

• 41 posts
    March 15, 2013 9:21 PM EDT

Thx for the reply. About the bad english: You see, I never made any kind of "english class"(we have english classes at school but, let's just say that the only thing they teach you is how to use the "to be" verb) so basically all my english was learned by playing video games and/or wathing movies. At least you got what I was trying to say 

• 856 posts
    March 15, 2013 9:25 PM EDT

Actually your English isn't that bad - I've seen worse with 'native' speakers.

• 29 posts
    March 15, 2013 9:26 PM EDT

Your English isn't bad mate, you got one word wrong. I know some of my own countrymen who have worse spelling lol.

• 365 posts
    March 15, 2013 9:27 PM EDT

It's okay, I suspect there are a few people on here that don't have english as their native tongue. I can't be completely certain but I think Sir Gustaf is originally english either...

• 7 posts
    March 15, 2013 9:27 PM EDT
    • 41 posts
    March 15, 2013 9:35 PM EDT

Aye, that I do. Not sure if we are allowed to speak other tongue though.

(If I tell you how many times I got kicked from games/foruns for speaking portuguese...)

• 7 posts
    March 15, 2013 9:36 PM EDT

Sorry, forum members and moderators, if it wasn't allowed.

But is it or not?

• 41 posts
    March 15, 2013 9:37 PM EDT

I used Mercurio a few times. I have to agree, he's kinda good. I just don't like hin because he's just too coky, and because you have to pay hin 500 septins.

• 966 posts
    March 15, 2013 9:42 PM EDT

Got mods for this Handy for all console players though.

• 966 posts
    March 15, 2013 9:43 PM EDT

There are a lot of people who don't have English as their first language.

Anyway I suppose speaking other languages is allowed but only in moderation.

• 856 posts
    March 15, 2013 9:46 PM EDT

I think it's ok if used sparingly, or as 'wall' messages, etc, but I haven't heard any official word from Paul on this topic.

• 966 posts
    March 15, 2013 9:48 PM EDT

It has never really been a problem.. Everyone should just keep using English as much as possible.

• 661 posts
    March 16, 2013 12:19 AM EDT

Dude, your fucking amazing! Thanks alot man. I always knew there was a way, just couldn't figure the pattern out.

PS

I also wanted to add in that now I can make my Warrior Followers wear robes with me, I like the idea of questing around like that. I gives me the feel of a sense of realism when you are rangers and not some Hulking Badasses roaming the wilds of Skyrim in End Game gear.