Forums » Elder Scrolls

What is your favorite poison effect?

• 30 posts
    March 8, 2013 10:17 PM EST

My favorite is lingering health poison I made one and to me its nothing better than having a bandit charge you from a sneak attack to only die right before they get to me its awesome.

• 1 posts
    March 9, 2013 1:08 AM EST

Weakness to- poisons. My character leads around a fire mage thrall, coats hits axe with weakness to fire/weakness to poison, and she does the rest.

• 1913 posts
    March 9, 2013 1:11 AM EST
    Paralysis: I love the fact that I can stop an enemy in his tracks to kill him. That or slow, for the same reason
  • March 9, 2013 10:24 AM EST

Paralysis is always a good choice, if you have the ingredients handy. I'm also a big fan of Damage Health, especially if you have Concentrated Poison. Status effect poisons don't get a lot of benefit from Concentrated Poison unless you're fighting multiple enemies, but it straight up doubles the uses and thus damage of Damage Health poisons. The fact that the damage is instant also helps, lingering poisons are fun but can allow your target enough time to alert his friends.

• 1595 posts
    March 9, 2013 10:29 AM EST

I'm with Adam D and Christopher Perigoe; a weakness to fire poison combined with a flame atronach and flame cloak is good fun, while a simple damage health poison with the Concentrated Poisoner perk means your next two attacks pack that much extra punch.

• 62 posts
    March 9, 2013 10:33 AM EST

Paralyze. I'm addicted to it. Did you know that if you kill someone with an arrow poisoned with paralyze, their body looks like it has rigor mortise or something and locks in weird positions? I'm playing a char right now that is secretly an assassin whose trademark is that all of his targets are killed with arrows poisoned with paralyze. It's a cool trademark. :)

• 118 posts
    March 9, 2013 10:37 AM EST
    Damage health + lingering damage

Paralyze + lingering damage

I use those two the most frequent (by a large margin). With hearthfire it's simple to just grow your own ingredients; I go do a quest and come back home to pick my ingredients, by the time my character is rounded out, stat wise, I'll ideally have a surplus of 300-400 of each poison at which point I focus farming on other ingredients. As mentioned, concentrated poison perk is one of the most overpowered in the whole game for me.

Deathbell + impstool + canisroot/moratapinella

This is my typical combo. I often visit black reach (every 10 days) to collect soul gems and nirnroot. Crimson nirnroot makes insane poisons. Damage+lingering is amazing for dragon killing!
  • March 9, 2013 10:38 AM EST

Hopefully none of your targets are vampires :). Then again, you could still kill them with poisoned arrows just for the hell of it.

I wish there was a perk in the Alchemy tree that removed or reduced your target's poison resistance. You could probably roll it and Snakeblood into the same perk really. It would make Dawnguard a lot easier for alchemists, no doubt. I keep wanting to put damage health poisons on my crossbow bolts until I realize that it won't do anything. Stupid vampires and their stupid poison immunity. :(

• 118 posts
    March 9, 2013 10:38 AM EST
    I've wanted this for so long, although it isn't really workable due to how alike items stack in your inventory.