Forums » Elder Scrolls

What's the longest break you've taken from Skyrim?

• 34 posts
    March 7, 2013 12:18 AM EST

Well, like the topic says, what's the longest duration away from Skyrim.  I bring this up because one of my beloved franchises just released their reboot.  Tomb Raider.  Currently playing this game and going for the whole 1000 Gamerscore on Xbox.

It's been almost 3 days away from Skyrim and kinda miss it.  So, how long have you guys been away?  Why?

• March 7, 2013 12:51 AM EST

I've just had a bit of a break from the game - I'd say it was about a month or 2. Im still yet to play through Dragonborn (pc user) but with the new 1.9 beta patch just been released I've come back to give that a try and also attempt a new character build - The Druid ^^

• 1483 posts
    March 7, 2013 2:17 AM EST
    My longest break from Skyrim was about 2 months. I spent first month preparing my final character for Mass Effect 3 and second month playing the game.
    • 4 posts
    March 7, 2013 11:13 AM EST

I had Skyrim for about 3 months and played it straight through.  I returned it for something else and had Skyrim withdrawal for about a year.  I never got around to getting it again and my wife suprised me with it a few weeks ago.

So I wouldn't say it was really a break but it was a year inbetween playing.

• 661 posts
    March 7, 2013 11:37 AM EST

Sadly I had not played Skyrim for over a month. I had repurchased the game on Demand though and am firmly enjoying my quest through Skyrim again.

• 577 posts
    March 7, 2013 11:49 AM EST

Oh god, I haven't played Skyrim in months. When did Dragonborn come out for Xbox? I played it pretty regularly for that first 3-4 days, then just a couple times the following month. I still have alot of work to do on it. Unfortunately, it's gotten buggy/slow/freezes since downloading the Dragonborn DLC and it kinda put me off. I've probably have gone 3months without playing Skryim...especially that time before Dawnguard came out. But I've had a number of 12hrs straight sessions many times

• 1913 posts
    March 7, 2013 11:58 AM EST
    1-2 months... This was when I had gotten Dagon Age Origins, Dragon Age 2, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas... I was distracted for awhile
    • 20 posts
    March 7, 2013 1:18 PM EST

I took a good 4 months off around September/October for Dark Souls, Mass Effect, Uncharted Black Ops 2, DmC and Ni No Kuni. However, I am now back on the wagon aka Skyrim. One the DLC came to PS3 I started up again.

• March 7, 2013 1:20 PM EST

I haven't played it much since January after it came out.