Forums » Elder Scrolls

Has anyone found any cool 'Easter Eggs' in Skyrim?

• 773 posts
    December 29, 2011 4:50 AM EST

You know the sort of thing.... those undocumented little things that are put in as a joke, or a tribute to some person or other.

Or maybe an item or NPC that is a 'shout out' to another game, or movie or book?

Let's make a list of those Easter Eggs that Bethesda traditionally put in their games

[SPOILERS LIKELY]

• 739 posts
    December 29, 2011 7:34 AM EST

Its not really a special item, but i was delighted to find a copy of 'the lusty argonian maid v3', this is surely bethesdas response to all the mirthful feedback from fans of the series.

Also, lucien lachances occasional comment 'i feel a disturbance in the void' and the fact that his apparation is so similar to a ghost jedi made me laugh a little. '...disturbance in the force'

• December 29, 2011 9:28 AM EST

Sinderion's Skeleton in Blackreach

• 7 posts
    December 29, 2011 12:18 PM EST

I loved the Lady (skeleton) in the Lake with Excal...I mean an iron sword.  I have also heard there is a sword in the stone.

• 739 posts
    December 29, 2011 2:38 PM EST

There is a sword in the stone mate, but its sadly found randomly just outside a dungeon, i was there last night. If it was me i would have placed it at the bottom of a cryt with impressive god-rays shining down on it for extra awe. Oh, and it wouldnt be made out of crappy iron. I would have given it amazing enchantments and had it so it couldnt be removed by the player for some nice in-game frustration.

Dont know why the half-assed it and used an item picked up in the first room of the game.

• 10 posts
    December 29, 2011 2:58 PM EST

The pickaxe on the throat of the world & Sinderion's skeleton/continuing his quest.

• 10 posts
    December 29, 2011 3:45 PM EST

At the very top of the Throat of the World, above where the dragon is, I found the Notched Pickaxe!

• 952 posts
    December 29, 2011 5:37 PM EST
    This guy named Lucky Harold or something that got crushed to death under a big tree that fell down on his house.

I got to say that I'm glad that Skyrim has more easter eggs than most games. The only easter egg I found in Crysis 2 was a bunch of big colored easter eggs hidden in a bush on wall street.
    • 10 posts
    December 29, 2011 7:54 PM EST
    I forget the name of the cave but it was SE of winterhold there were three frost trolls, and there was an upside down skeleton frozen on the roof with a heavily enchanted sword below him. its a reference to star wars when Luke was hanging and that snow creature was going to eat him.
    • 6 posts
    December 29, 2011 8:03 PM EST

In a cave there is a skeleton hanging upside-down with its feet in the ice-ceiling reaching for a glowing blue sword. For those of you who do not know anything about anything, this is a Star Wars reference from Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. 

• 1 posts
    December 29, 2011 8:05 PM EST

I heard an easter egg in the form of a conversation between Calcelmo and his nephew in Markarth keep. It was yet another starwars easter egg where Calcelmo was telling his nephew," next time for sure" and that he "needed him" this was copying the beginning of star wars a new hope when luke wants to leave and join the rebellion. I dont know how many times this will happen, I have only heard it once, despite trying to wait an listen.

• 1 posts
    December 29, 2011 9:25 PM EST

Well, I found a sheet of paper with the oblivion symbol on it that turned into a bucket when I casted a fireball at it, if that counts. 

• 856 posts
    December 29, 2011 9:38 PM EST

Temba Wide-Arm, an NPC female located at the saw mill in the town below High Hrothgar.  She gives the Grin and Bear It quest.  I think this may possibly be a reference to Star Trek TNG episode where an alien speaking in metaphors,  says 'Temba, his arms wide' several times, once when offering to share his fire with Picard (yes, I'm a trekkie - but I didn't care too much for that particular episode).  I think they should've made Temba Wide-Arm male. 

I also found the skeletal hand holding a sword in a lake, but this has been mentioned on this post already.  Coincidently?, the Lady Stone is found in a lake.

• 856 posts
    December 29, 2011 10:37 PM EST

Oh, and I'm really suprised that no one has mentioned this yet... I saw a headless horsemen (near Whiterun), obviously a 'Legend of Sleepy Hollow' reference.