Forums » Elder Scrolls

If you could make your own spells in Skyrim, or craft them, what

• 365 posts
    March 4, 2013 6:35 AM EST

Personally I would craft a spell that coverts all stamina into shout recovery. What about you lot? Is there something cool you can think of that isn't overpowered that you think Bethesda should've added?

• 1483 posts
    March 4, 2013 7:14 AM EST

I would've added "open lock" and "levitation" alteration spells. Also "summon forge/alchemy lab/enchanting table" spells will be very helpful 

• 365 posts
    March 4, 2013 7:20 AM EST

Yes open lock would've been very handy indeed! It'd most likely have to be a master or expert alteration spell spell though, as theives would all start joining the College of Winterhold! imagine that.

Ithink however, summoning the Skyforge in athe middle of the dungeon whenever you feel like it is a bit overpowered don't you think?!

• 1483 posts
    March 4, 2013 7:27 AM EST

It can be only anvil  As for the lock spells, I'm not suggesting a single spell that can open all locks. More like "Open novice lock", "Open apprentice lock" for a corresponding level in alteration 

• 377 posts
    March 4, 2013 10:32 AM EST

Open lock/lock , levitation, increase carry weight, waterwalking, slow (burden).

• 253 posts
    March 4, 2013 10:43 AM EST

It would be nice to have some resist magic spells in alteration, on par to the flesh spells. 

• 118 posts
    March 4, 2013 11:05 AM EST
    Cure disease
    • 377 posts
    March 4, 2013 11:31 AM EST

Cure disease, resurrection.

• 37 posts
    March 5, 2013 1:50 PM EST

Bound Daedric Armor

• March 5, 2013 2:04 PM EST
    All of the spells from Oblivion -The OP ness of AOE spells
    • 377 posts
    March 6, 2013 1:07 PM EST

Detect life enchantment

• 64 posts
    March 6, 2013 8:37 PM EST
    touch spells lol I miss those.
    • 41 posts
    March 6, 2013 9:31 PM EST

No elemental destruction spells. I mean, using sparks, fire and ice is cool, but I want some "pure magic energy spells", if you know what i mean.

• 1 posts
    March 7, 2013 8:38 AM EST

It would probably have to be expert level because of the OPness of it, but a spell that disenchants weapons being used by enemies. 

• 31 posts
    March 7, 2013 9:06 AM EST

I would make a spells called Gamble that are pretty much similiar with Wabbajack.

If you cast it on enemy, there is 50/50 that they are kill instantly or you are the one who dead. Or something where you can cast on your armor, turning it into dragon armor or steel armor. :p

• 2 posts
    March 7, 2013 5:50 PM EST
    Not to sure as far as names, but definitely water based elemental destruction spells.
    • 4 posts
    March 14, 2013 7:31 PM EDT
    I would definitely add a spell that fires jets of boiling water or concentrated poison.
    • 365 posts
    March 14, 2013 7:42 PM EDT

@Max Murphy The closest thing to what you describe as concentrated poison shooting is the serpent stone, is shoots a green ball of poison from your chest towards what you are facing, so quite close really

• 291 posts
    March 14, 2013 7:52 PM EDT

Earth spells to even out the elemental destruction types.  Though, I would rather see elemental spells spread out into other utility areas, giving Destruction something beyond just damage.

• Sphere of Nirn: Surround yourself in a sphere of earth that blocks all incoming damage.  Concentration, very high cost.
    • Weapons of the Blaze: Heat your melee weapon and increase your attack damage by X magnitude for Y seconds.
    • Ice Platform:  Freeze the water around you to create a small ice sheet.
    • Static Bolt:  Disable (paralyze) machines with a short blast of lightning for X seconds.
    • Molten Blast:  Melt your opponent's armor away.  Concentration, high cost.  Can be used to melt locks.
    • 409 posts
    March 14, 2013 9:12 PM EDT
    Right off the bat levitation. Also a good drain life spell. I would also make some good summon spells, frustrating when Im trying to RP a champion of Azura and I cant summon a winged twilight.
    • 3 posts
    March 14, 2013 10:20 PM EDT

A very powerful shock spell that does a chance to paralyze but will paralyze you for x seconds and uses less magic for that reason

or possibly a dot spell that drains health stamina or magicka for x seconds

• 377 posts
    March 14, 2013 10:38 PM EDT

A spell to turn grand soul gems to black soul gems.

• March 15, 2013 12:36 AM EDT

For real. I hate it when I'm swimming and have to get to land to kill the slaughterfish, when, in Oblivion, I could just tag 'em and go. 

• March 15, 2013 12:39 AM EDT

I would want a shout or a spell that would enshroud me in an ethereal dragon so I could fly and use other shouts while in that form. Basically, become a temporary dragon. 

• 118 posts
    March 15, 2013 1:31 AM EDT
    A spell to make Serana stop asking me what I need