Forums » Elder Scrolls

Fan theory: Arnbjorn is a Gray-Mane

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    February 27, 2013 9:00 PM EST

So I was just thinking about the Gray-Manes, all of the younger ones are Eorlund's children but we see nothing of children had by his brother Vignar. Vignar is a long standing member of the Companions, so if he did have any kids I'd imagine they'd also become Companions. Arnbjorn in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary is definitely a former Companion, and he has gray hair, just like all Gray-Manes. Could he be Vignar's son? or perhaps a younger brother to Eorlund and Vignar?

Just an interesting theory I came up with, probably not true, but it's something interesting that I wanted to share! What are all of your thoughts?

• 1913 posts
    February 27, 2013 9:17 PM EST
    I assume brother if anything... But that raises the question, does at make Astrid a grey-mane?
  • Tim
    • 89 posts
    February 27, 2013 9:25 PM EST

I could never really understand the ages of certain people, and with the Gray-Manes it gets even trickier because they all have gray hair regardless of age. Vignar looks pretty ancient though, that's why my first instinct was son, but who knows?

I suppose it would make Astrid a Gray-Mane by marriage, though Arnbjorn probably would've dropped that title once he joined the Brotherhood.

• 1913 posts
    February 27, 2013 9:31 PM EST
    Now the question is... Who are Brynjolf's parents?
    • 10 posts
    February 27, 2013 9:35 PM EST

you may be right however you said he probably wouldn't have dropped the grey-mane title. but the tradition of the dark brotherhood is that you leave you past behind to join a new family. So the grey-manes are no longer his family and the dark brotherhood members are his new family therefore he might of dropped the title making your theory valid

• 1913 posts
    February 27, 2013 9:40 PM EST
    So, the dark brotherhood is your new family... And you call each other brother and sister... EWW!!! ARNBJORN MARRIED HIS SISTER!!! D':
    • 377 posts
    February 27, 2013 9:43 PM EST

Arnbjorn looks like a Gray-Mane. Arnbjorn is a werewolf. The Circle are werewolves. The signs are all there, yet it is still all conjecture.

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    February 27, 2013 9:44 PM EST

@Robert: No, I said "he probably WOULD'VE dropped that title" and that was exactly my point, the Brotherhood is his new family

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    February 27, 2013 9:46 PM EST

yep, basically what I said at the beginning =p

• 377 posts
    February 27, 2013 9:52 PM EST

Yes. Yes, it is.

• 1441 posts
    April 25, 2014 11:07 PM EDT
    He could have become a werewolf another way. Maybe his parents were, or maybe he was bitten
  • JD
    • 19 posts
    July 27, 2014 6:11 AM EDT

In Tamriel lycanthropy can be transmitted if he was in close quarters with a werewolf he could of caught sanies lupinus and if it isnt cured in a few days he becomes a werewolf, maybe it was an accident but he embraced it?

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    July 27, 2014 7:35 AM EDT

I like this theory. Uncomfirmed, but a great fan theory.

• 1441 posts
    July 27, 2014 10:49 AM EDT
    Heres what I've wondered, Vignar has a darker skin fine then his brethren. Could he either A, have a really dark tan, or be, be the illegitimate child of a Redguard and a Grey-Mane?
  • July 27, 2014 12:45 PM EDT
    He's just old, wrinkly and has worked outside much of his life. My grandfather is the same way- the difference in skin tone between his face/arms and his torso is amazing.
  • JD
    • 19 posts
    July 27, 2014 2:00 PM EDT
    I would imagine its a tan as he's been all around tamriel, in hammerfelll as well and it would be easy to get a permanent tan in an extremely hot country if you come from an extremely cold one
    • 365 posts
    July 27, 2014 2:04 PM EDT

I would LOVE someone to map out a relationship map/family tree between all the Gray-Manes &/or Battleborn.

• JD
    • 19 posts
    July 27, 2014 2:06 PM EDT
    I amy look into that Nelaf, ill see if I can find enough of a tree to make a decent family tree
  • July 28, 2014 1:01 AM EDT

OH DEAR GOD.WEREWOLF ASSASINS!!!!!!!