Forums » Elder Scrolls

Mission titled "The Hunt", glitch or NOT? **HELP**

• 34 posts
    February 25, 2013 9:27 PM EST

So I'm playing my High Elf vamp and of course I join up with the Volkihar.  In attempt to trigger the "Rings of Blood Magic" quest to get my Ring of Erudite from Feran Sadri, I'm guided to Fura Bloodmouth, she sends me on a mission called "The Hunt', apparently the location is radiant.  So I'm sent to Riften.  Upon entering I noticed the target is inside Honeyside, in which I do NOT own.

Bottom line, do I have to purchase Honeyside in order to complete the quest? Jumping through the hoops with the Jarl and citizens of Riften? Is this a glitch?

• 131 posts
    February 25, 2013 10:07 PM EST

I've had this issue before too except on the Dawnguard side. I was sent to find a traveling "bard" and eliminate him. However, he has spawned inside Honneyside and for some reason the option to buy the home isn't appearing. He/She doesn't leave the house at any given point, I waited a full 24 hr (in-game w/ waiting) before giving up.

Perhaps the best/only option is to save up and buy the basic home. Maybe I've just been speaking to the wrong NPC about buying it.

• 34 posts
    February 25, 2013 10:20 PM EST
    The target never leaves I waited about 72 hours. I'm taking the measures to purchase it now. Bullshit lol.
  • Tim
    • 89 posts
    February 26, 2013 2:56 PM EST

Could it possibly be that the target is out on the docks and the game just decided the fastest way there was through Honeyside? I've had weird situations where the map marker just tells me to go somewhere in a really roundabout way. Not sure if that's your problem but maybe it's worth a try?

• 34 posts
    February 26, 2013 4:33 PM EST

I went through the motions to purchase Honeyside and became thane of Riften.  Immediately after purchasing, I sprinted to Honeyside and there I saw, the Dawnguard pilgrim coming out of it.  My persuation was high enough to get him to follow me so I can secretly kill him,  but that's anoter story.

Thx for all the replies.