Forums » Elder Scrolls

What would you like in a new Skyrim DLC?

• 24 posts
    February 22, 2013 2:49 PM EST

What would you like in a new Skyrim DLC? 

So what would you like in a new Skyrim DLC? Perhaps you want it to involve an Aedra or Daedra, to travel to a new province, to make an unplayable race playable, to have the dwemer return, have new combat mechanics. 

Be creative! 

The Idea's Hall of Fame 

Here are five ideas that I think are the most creative of all them listed in the comments. If your wasn't picked, Oh well. 

1. Umbriel – By Vasgen 

2.  Go to Akavir – By M.E.M 

3.  Snow Elves a playable race – By David Mayer

4.  Daedra planes of oblivion by Knight Paladin Robert and Aedra vs Daedra war by TheBum.  

Your Idea could be up here, just leave your idea in a comment and if its original I might just add it! 

• 24 posts
    February 22, 2013 2:50 PM EST

So everyone this is my first post so far! I hope to see your thoughts! 

• 40 posts
    February 22, 2013 3:51 PM EST

I'd like to see something more in depth with the Companions.  I love their story already it's very nice and way you choose to go in the end still fits very well with the Companion's original ideals. 

But here comes the spoiler so if you don't know what happens or haven't played the Companion's questline quit reading.

Ok so in the quest I think is called "Purity of Revenge" the Dragonborn and Vilkas head to Driftshade Refuge to purge Skyrim of the Silver Hand once and for all, effectively wiping out all of the werewolf hunters.  With the lack of properly equiped and trained hunters there is an uprising of werewolves.  The Dragonborn, as the Harbinger, is visited by someone who's villiage was raided by werewolves asking the Companions to help (appealing to the Companions renown of honor and battle prowess).  The Dragonborn agrees then travels to this place and eventually stumbles upon the werewolves in question.  Their "Alpha"  seeks to build a strong pack and take control of the "in-flux" Skyrim and it's up to you to stop him. 

If you're still a werewolf he could maybe ask you and your "pack" to form an allegiance and rise up to rule Skyrim.  If you're not, you oppose him (if you think about it, why else would you get rid of the beast blood except that you didn't take it as a blessing) and at the end if you kill him you bring untold honor to the Companions and effectively purge Lycanthropy from Skyrim. 

It would be cool I think if Aela joined them or urged you to join up with them.

If you're no longer a werewolf you could make "Skyforge Silver" weapons at the Skyforge.

A more...updated Lycanthropy system.  You can catch it from a wild werewolf and recieve dreams and visions from Hircine (who makes more of an appearance) to meet this Alpha, where you can side with him or later on the Companions, or even Usurp the Alpha's position later in the questline.  Also your lycanthropy is affected by the moons.  Full moon you are at your strongest and change as soon as the light of the moon touches you.  No moons, or new moons, you would be faster and get different buffs and different things for the different lunar stages....oh yeah also ALLOW THE WEREWOLVES TO BE ABLE TO SNEAK!!!

If you can think of anything else to add to the idea feel free, I will as well when I have more time before my computer dies.

• 773 posts
    February 22, 2013 4:06 PM EST
    This is going to be a poll soon!

If people make good suggestions I'll include them in the poll
    • 271 posts
    February 22, 2013 4:21 PM EST
    If you listen to Yong'yea, the next DLC will take place at Stros m'kai! And I was cheering when I heard that! One of my favorite things in life is Desert-"lore" and such. So I would like more desert warfare-ish clothes/armor! More variants on sword-models, More Cool, awesome hoods and more of the redguard lore... etc. etc.
    • 661 posts
    February 22, 2013 5:36 PM EST

I want to absorb Tosh Raka's soul!

• TZ
    • 28 posts
    February 22, 2013 7:47 PM EST

Guns, single shooter pistols and rifles. 

The world of Skyrim can easily have guns fit in and it would give a more flavour filled set of ranged weapon options.

For instance dual wielding pistols enchanted with different enchants just like dual one handed melee, except you could shoot ice with your left hand for instance, slow the opponent down and then blast them with the right hand, you could have 6 quick shots then have to reload (so it's a sort of handicap).

The Dwemer easily could of left such technology behind and with the current existing tech in Skyrim, it shouldn't be something that is too difficult. 

• 40 posts
    February 22, 2013 8:48 PM EST
    Hmm...I respect your creativity and Ideas but personally I think guns would ruin the whole medieval/fantasy theme The Elder Scrolls has going on. I mean yeah the dwemer could have left such technology but I dunno I'm iffy on it.

Besides Fable already went that route and as Ma'iq said: "Ma'iq likes a good fable...he's yet to find one though."

Maybe in TES: 8 where the years actually rival that of present day though...who knows.
    • 64 posts
    February 22, 2013 9:46 PM EST
    I'd like a desert themed expansion as well. But I'd be cool with anything if legitimate spears were introduced, seeing as how we saw a video of what the developers can do in skyrim with spear combat being one of those things.
    • 9 posts
    February 22, 2013 10:11 PM EST

TES has always been about the medieval fantasy adventure, but I would love to see the world evolve technologically and see how the people of Tamriel react to that change. I'm not fond of the idea of TES becoming another shooter style RPG though, we already have fallout for that.

as for a DLC... how about the dwarves return from their exile into the future, now that would be interesting. That was always what I had assumed had happened to the dwarves. I think I heard that from somewhere.

• 291 posts
    February 22, 2013 10:40 PM EST

Eh, I'd rather not have guns in TES.  If I want to shoot stuff in a Bethesda game, I go play a Fallout incarnation.  I'd rather keep TES on the medieval/Renaissance side.  Now, that doesn't mean we couldn't see more complicated weapons.  Siege weapons are not new and it would be fantastic to be able to operate trebuchets, catapults, battering rams, and so forth.

But that's talking about something on the scale of another Great War.

• 32 posts
    February 23, 2013 12:57 AM EST

I agree, I saw the same video and spears wouldn't be a bad idea since they have existed in TES: Morrowind why not add them into skyrim which would easily use spears heavily, especially if not only just a spear you could have javelins.

• 64 posts
    February 23, 2013 1:02 AM EST
    I'm just a tad bit upset about the fact that they implemented basically everything in that video now, so . Let's hope actual spears are next. Maybe the whole perk respec thing was kind of a prelude to new perks being added into two hander? I can only guess and how though
    • 32 posts
    February 23, 2013 1:09 AM EST

I got possibly two ideas for a DLC

1-Possibly something involving Atmora? Even tho it's nothing but ice it'd be kinda cool if something like that happened.

2-Going to the island of Akavir and exploring the four main races there. It'd be fun 'cause "little is known about the continent or the people of Akavir, as few Tamrielians have ever dared to cross the vast ocean that separated it from Tamriel"

• 32 posts
    February 23, 2013 1:14 AM EST

Same here... I kinda hoped that spears would be one-handed, two-handed isnt a bad idea but I would like to fight with a shield and spear, also they might not have to reset the perk skill trees, like spears would count as a blade like a sword and gain its perks from there.

• 34 posts
    February 23, 2013 1:17 AM EST

The ability to use mods on the console versions.  Which I know will never happen.  I'm so tempted to get the PC version.

• 9 posts
    February 23, 2013 3:28 AM EST

i would like to fight daedric lords lol 

• 1 posts
    February 23, 2013 7:47 AM EST

i would like to see a different line of thieves guild quests, i was fairly disappointed with the Thieves Guild quest line in Skyrim just for the sole reason that there wasn't any BIG hiest missions. I want to see things like stealing the Emperor's Sword if he visits the Blue Palace, the only decent quests that i liked that were Heists were the Thalmor Embassy Quest and the Goldenglow Estate Quest.

it doesn't seem thiefy killing tonnes of falmer and following an argonian through the East Empire Company.

I just hope in Online that you can gather friends and have a heist that you have planned, sort of like Sly Cooper if you ever played that game.

• 1 posts
    February 23, 2013 9:13 AM EST

I think that they should made a DLC in which you could finally meet your family it would be interesting, but that could be complicated due to the variety of races you can choose from.

• 24 posts
    February 23, 2013 9:14 AM EST

Spears are a great idea but what unique stats could they posses that makes them different from 1h/2h swords,axes and hammers? 

We already have fast,weak and long 

Balanced damage and speed but bad range. 

And slow, long and powerful. What else could you put?

• 24 posts
    February 23, 2013 9:15 AM EST

Mr Gustaf, 

Its only a rumor that we will go to hammerfell. I mean yeah it would be cool to go hammerfell but hammerfell is bigger than skyrim so how will it fit? 

• 24 posts
    February 23, 2013 9:24 AM EST

My personal ideas are: 

• Another DLC about Masser and Secunda where we go to an Island in the summerset isle. (In oblivion there was a DLC called repairing the orrery where you got to restore the defiled orrery in the mages guild inner sanctum.)  
    • One about the college of Whispers. A group of the mages from their come to skyrim and they rival the college of Winterhold. A faction war between magic-users.
    • My last idea is that can join the silver hand instead of the companions 
    • 24 posts
    February 23, 2013 9:25 AM EST

We can't go to Atmora because the elder scrolls exist only in Tamriel 

• February 23, 2013 9:29 AM EST

Since when do the Elder Scrolls exist only in Tamriel. They're fragments of creation or something or other, I don't think they're gonna get restricted to one continent.

• February 23, 2013 9:30 AM EST

A thrust weapon with much more range than any other weapon.