Forums » The Lounge

Bronies in Skyrim

• 20 posts
    February 22, 2013 1:03 AM EST

Hello, fellow bronies and Skyrim players. As I've delved into both MLP and Skyrim, I've been looking for ways to emulate MLP characters into the Skyrim world. My knowledge and inspiration, however, are limited. And so, I would like to post the question to anyone who is willing and able; How do you think the MLP characters would translate into Skyrim, in terms of skills and abilities and story? 

• February 25, 2013 10:05 PM EST

Well I personally think it could be done rather easily with the right mind set and dedication. Just look at the plethora of ponies and their adventurer variety that is offered both in the history and the art. I'm sure with the right care and attention, plenty of proper builds can be done with certain ponies in mind. 

Perhaps even going into the villainous (Discord, Chrysalis, and King Sombra all seem to possibly be great ideas). Of course focusing on the Mane 6 first and figuring out their skill set would be something I'd look forward too. 

• 20 posts
    February 25, 2013 11:18 PM EST

I've got the mane 6 pretty much figured out except for Pinkie Pie. She's going to be a doozie. How do I emulate the power to break all manner of physics and reality?

• February 25, 2013 11:25 PM EST

Well she is the most charismatic, she tends to ignore physics (but even she has to obey them some times), she parties all night and day, and she uses her party canon like a boss. 

• February 25, 2013 11:25 PM EST
    Wait for it, wait for it...the Wabbajack! Huh? Huh? Didn't see that one comin' did yah? :P
    • 20 posts
    February 25, 2013 11:28 PM EST

Hmmm, the Wabbajack... that might work, but she needs to do more than just turn people into mudcrabs.

• 57 posts
    February 25, 2013 11:30 PM EST

Illusion might be a good idea for her as it could help emulate her way with people as well as speech 

• February 25, 2013 11:30 PM EST

Alteration and illusion seem to possibly fit the idea of changing reality around her. 

• 20 posts
    February 25, 2013 11:37 PM EST

I can see ways illusion and speech would fit in, don't know about alteration.

• February 25, 2013 11:38 PM EST

Sort of like a magic/fighter mix that involves quick movement across the battlefield and over all trickery for control over the battlefield. 

• February 25, 2013 11:40 PM EST

My thought on alternation came from how it worked in previous games. So yeah your rather correct in not knowing about alteration. 

• 20 posts
    February 25, 2013 11:42 PM EST

Yeah, whatever she does, it can't be straightforward.

• 20 posts
    February 26, 2013 10:59 AM EST

Now, what I've also considered, is using crazy Pinkie Pie. Like, she invites all of Skyrim to a party, but no one comes. So Pinkie Pie decides it's time for CUPCAKES!

• 57 posts
    February 26, 2013 1:10 PM EST

oh god not the cupcakes ._.

• 20 posts
    February 26, 2013 1:12 PM EST

Yes, sneak attack assassinations, then conjuration so she can make all her victims attend her party. It's horrifying.

• February 26, 2013 5:30 PM EST

Pinkie Pie is pretty tough, but I'd go with Imperial focusing on Illusion, Alteration, Speech, Sneak, Pickpocket, and Alchemy. I see her as using poisons reverse-pickpocketed onto opponents, then taking all their armor and weapons off for good measure. If they put up too much a fight, she goes Pinkamina mode with Fear and Paralysis spells, with Master of the Mind so she can even scare vampires and constructs. Very heavy with the magicka but once you get your Alchemy high enough and with enchantments, you can make poisons that WRECK enemies. I'd call them 'baked bads" personally, and roleplay that they're sweetrolls filled with deadly neurotoxin.

• 856 posts
    February 26, 2013 6:56 PM EST

PInkie Pie should be a khajiit, perhaps she should not.  Or you could just use the mod in this video:

Pinkie Pie in Skyrim

• 20 posts
    February 26, 2013 10:22 PM EST

So, basically, an enemy is chilling out when suddenly, Pinke's there! He reaches to draw his sword, but it's gone! And where'd his armor go? Before he can think of what to do, something is stuffed into his mouth. It's a sweetroll! Without warning his legs give way and he collapses to the ground. His eyes roll up to meet a pair of wide blue eyes and a wild grin. "SURPRISE!" Pinkie screams before stabbing down.

Oh and I was thinking of making her a Breton, since Bretons come from High Rock, and she's from a rock farm. :P

• 20 posts
    February 26, 2013 10:24 PM EST

Those modded armors are just too cheezy. I don't want to walk around wearing a giant unblinking head all the time.

• 365 posts
    February 26, 2013 10:27 PM EST

what is MLP???

• February 26, 2013 10:28 PM EST
    My Little Pony.
    • 856 posts
    February 26, 2013 10:40 PM EST

I wasn't serious about using the mod; I just thought someone may enjoy watching it.   Oh, and I though khajiit was good because their personality matches a bit...

• 20 posts
    February 26, 2013 11:08 PM EST

How so?

• February 26, 2013 11:12 PM EST

I love it! I could imagine how much of the players budget will go to sweet rolls and just throwing them on dead bodies and leaving to the next one. 

• 20 posts
    February 26, 2013 11:17 PM EST

"Wait a minute, I only have 19 sweet rolls when I bought 20, and that means *GASP* Somepony STOLE MY SWEETROLL!!" *Angry/crazy expression* "Oh wait a minute, I remember eating one. Silly Pinkie!" *Hops away*