Forums » Elder Scrolls

Vampires and Dragons

• 15 posts
    February 20, 2013 12:09 PM EST

Unfortunately, I have been sucked into a loop for the past couple of days. I am a Vampire level 4. I have reached the point at Skuldafn near to the Sovngarde Portal during daytime, however, by the time I wait until nightfall (the only time where I can regain health and stamina when outside.) I turn into a level 5 Vampire (where everyone attacks me, even the Dragons that guard the Sovngarde Portal, which don't attack unless directly provoked, attack me.) Now I know that different Dragons can spawn at Suldafn and it's completely different during each playthrough. Ice Dragons aren't the problem, because being a level 5 Vampire gives you a 100% resistance to frost damage. It's the Fire Dragons that get me which is the downside of being a level 5 Vampire (100% weakness to fire). On top of that, there is Nakriin the Dragon Priest guarding the Portal and some high leveled Draugr to boot. The Draugr aren't the problem, (although they contribute). It's the Dragons. Any suggestions to progess would be greatly appreciated.

• 661 posts
    February 20, 2013 12:14 PM EST

Dude you lying, no such thing as lvl 5 Vampirism. Least I never came across it with my Blood-Starved Imperial.

• 661 posts
    February 20, 2013 12:16 PM EST

You need to be better prepared for that kinda stuff man, thats like the last dungeon anyone should go to.

• 6 posts
    February 20, 2013 12:18 PM EST
    If you had Dawnguard you wouldn't get attacked on sight unless you were i the Lord Form. Use your innate calm ability on people, and to escape the dragons use the vampire invisibility racial power.
  • February 20, 2013 12:26 PM EST
    There are plenty of dungeons harder than that. Especially with the Dragonborn DLC.
    • 661 posts
    February 20, 2013 12:32 PM EST

Really, four dragons(bosses of the game) and loads of deathlords that all wield ebony weapons not mention they know unrelenting force. Two dragon priests, with tons of atronachs.

I'd say that is pretty difficult. I found Dragonborn a breeze in the park.

• 1913 posts
    February 20, 2013 12:34 PM EST
    How high leveled was you character?
  • February 20, 2013 12:34 PM EST
    Dragons were easy, the Draugr were a little tougher, and Nahkrin was actually pretty easy. That same character got destroyed by Zahkrisos.
    • 131 posts
    February 20, 2013 12:37 PM EST

I went into the final battle wearing archer gear and I had no perks in archery that helped me tremendously. Now tell me again how this fight is difficult?

• 1913 posts
    February 20, 2013 12:37 PM EST
    Zahkrisos is cheap because of his ability to shoot multiple master lightning spells
    • 9 posts
    February 20, 2013 12:41 PM EST

I agree, the only way I was able to take him down was by constantly staggering him with power attacks.

• 661 posts
    February 20, 2013 12:44 PM EST

75-76

• 661 posts
    February 20, 2013 12:46 PM EST

Ebony arrows that rip through any armor, constant 'Fus Ro Dah' that level you and leave you wide open for attacks. Dragons that blast you down with their breath if you don't have the appropriate resistance. Mind you I wasn't sneaking.

• 1913 posts
    February 20, 2013 12:46 PM EST
    Gee... I wonder why it wasn't difficult for you when you were almost the maximum level...
    • 661 posts
    February 20, 2013 12:56 PM EST

I'm not saying it wasn't hard, it was just easy those Reavers are as I suspect punks. But Werebears- lets just get off this topic okay.

• 661 posts
    February 20, 2013 12:58 PM EST

@Skyler

Were you playing on Master Difficulty? Please be honest.

• February 20, 2013 1:03 PM EST
    Ebony Arrows rip through armor, not shields. Also Become Ethereal helped me a lot. Oh yeah, my level was 38 and it was master difficulty.
    • 661 posts
    February 20, 2013 1:08 PM EST

A life saver that Thu'um, can only thank the gods for it. The AI archers are wicked skinners they tend to aim around shields. Plus last time I was there I was a Warmaster so shielding was out of the question.