Forums » Elder Scrolls

(PC) Skyrim almost unplayable after patch 1.8

• 291 posts
    February 13, 2013 7:16 PM EST

Hmm.  Well, I suppose the reason why many of us will debate you on the topic is largely because we don't understand your reasoning.  While it is personal, the continual insistence on your point-of-view suggests that you're trying to convince somebody.  If it were a matter of simply expressing your opinion, then why not express it and be done with it?

Furthermore, it was expressed in response to a question and didn't really add to the question's answer at all.  The question being:  "Why is it people will always blame Bethesda for bugs, but never blame the mod writers?"  Had nothing to do with whether or not people do or do not use mods.  The question already made the assumption that one is using mods, therefore an answer in that context was required.  Asking why someone would use mods in the first place didn't really make any sense.

It seemed to belabor a completely different objective all together, which suggested (whether intentional or not) that mod users play the game because they are dissatisfied with Vanilla Skryim and are therefore incapable of playing and enjoying any game for what it is.  

It was also stated that the addition of mods means the original game is not worthy of being played.  Now, whether you realize this or not, that has several implications on those who play Skyrim with mods.  There's an undertone that implies mod-users have poor judgement when it comes to choosing worthwhile games, because they only seem to play games that don't deserve attention.

Which, of course, many of us mod-users and supporters will take exception to, and why we're continuing to debate the topic with you.

• 1913 posts
    February 13, 2013 7:21 PM EST
    It just makes no sense to me though, you won't change my mind, I won't change your minds (and I'm not trying to)... What is the point? And if it is like you said, "If it were a matter of simply expressing your opinion, then why not express it and be done with it?"... It's because people keep responding to me as if I'm telling them they are terrible people for modding and that everyone should hate it. I'm not, so I have to argue back with them, but then they continue to argue also
    • 1913 posts
    February 13, 2013 7:21 PM EST
    It's a never ending cycle and it has to end!
    • 1913 posts
    February 13, 2013 7:44 PM EST
    I've stopped about almost 20 minutes ago... Thanks for bringing this up again after we all dropped it Jo :/
    • 153 posts
    February 14, 2013 4:13 AM EST
    Mods can be nice to make if you have a cool quest idea to contribute to the game that you want other people to enjoy.