Forums » Elder Scrolls

(PC) Skyrim almost unplayable after patch 1.8

• 952 posts
    February 13, 2013 6:11 PM EST

Yes, you are absolutely right. It's like buying a house and renovating it to make it better. Just keep it the way your bought it even though you have so many idea's how to make it a better place for free. Fuck buying new couches or a TV to make more fancy, just listen to the radio while sititng on the floor.

That's what you say.

• February 13, 2013 6:14 PM EST

I've had plenty of fun in the vanilla game. I don't need mods. But if I was asked if I could have 20 more armor sets, a more immersive environment, and a thousand more weapons; well, what do you think my answer would be?

• 1913 posts
    February 13, 2013 6:17 PM EST
    I don't like add ons, I know that sounds stupid, but if I need something new to enjoy a game then that game doesn't deserve to be played. I can still play Mario (the original) and love it (screw those hundreds of sequels! They all suck, except super Mario brothers 3). And mods, unless they are adding to the difficulty of the game, it are making he graphics better, I see no use for them
    • 1913 posts
    February 13, 2013 6:18 PM EST
    No thanks? :P
    • 952 posts
    February 13, 2013 6:19 PM EST

Yeah, you just buy a house and never change it even though you can for free. Because you bought it in that condition, and improving it makes you feel as if you made a bad deal. That's the truth.

• February 13, 2013 6:20 PM EST

No, I would say "Of course I want these things that make this already enjoyable game more enjoyable!" 

• 1913 posts
    February 13, 2013 6:23 PM EST
    A house is not the same as a game dieter. You need housing to stay safe from the elements. You don't need a game at all. And On a side note, I hate all the new mario games, fucking Mario kart, destroyed my favorite childhood game, THE FIRST GAME SERIES THAT I EVER PLAYED... And you turn it into go kart racing, and stupid 3-d friend competitions... Fuck you Nintendo
    • 952 posts
    February 13, 2013 6:24 PM EST

That's how I feel about it. I don't understand how anyone can possibly think otherwise without being part of that group of people who feel ripped of deep inside but automatically denie it because they can't accept that got a bad deal. Those are always the 2 groups when it comes to matters like this.

• 1913 posts
    February 13, 2013 6:27 PM EST
    I will play the add ons, but I just prefer the vanilla. But that's just me *shrugs* oh well
    • 952 posts
    February 13, 2013 6:27 PM EST

No, it's exactly the same situation. You buy something, you get the option to customise it to your personal taste (for free in this case) and you refuse because that would mean you find the game bad even though it's great. In your case because you just can't customise and that makes you denie the fact that modding is a good thing.

• 1913 posts
    February 13, 2013 6:34 PM EST
    Modding has benefits. But all I see for mods are these

1. skimpy armor mods (why need them?)

2. Better graphics (ok)

3. Realism (ok)

4. New OP weapons and armor (no)

5. New locations (why would I go to Black Marsh when the game is called SKYRIM!)

6. Bad quests that end in about 5 minutes (they don't look entertaining at all when I see them on YouTube)

I don't see why that is fun, and this is why I don't like modding in general... The game you are given is how it was intended to play... Why should I have to change it to have fun? If I have to do that, why am I still playing the game?
    • 952 posts
    February 13, 2013 6:41 PM EST

At this moment there are 22,915 mods for Skyrim on Skyrimnexus alone, not including the huge overhaul mods and new landmass mods which are games by itself and have their own websites and development teams. An estimated 5 of those mods are reasonably popular skimpy armour mods, none of the god items mods are popular neither are they common, and new landmass mods are just great. They literally, with the big ones I'm looking at now, can quadruple the landmass to explore and triple my playingtime with this game. For free that is.

And don't be all bitter about mods just because you can't have them. Saying that downloading mods is the same thing as not liking the game as it is is just wrong. You don't know me, you are not me, and you should know that I love vanilla Skyrim to death, and that it's my favourite game ever after Morrowind.

• February 13, 2013 6:43 PM EST

Oh my God, people don't mod because they think Skyrim is a piece of shit, they wouldn't mod it if they thought that. They just know how to make it better). Also, how is realism only ok? Aren't you a hardcore roleplayer? When I saw Frostfall, I instantly wanted to buy a decent Pc (damn Mac). Also the immersive weapons pack (name, Dieter?), doesn't have OP weapons, it has immersive weapons and armors. It makes being a role player more fun and enjoyable by far. 

• 1913 posts
    February 13, 2013 6:45 PM EST
    I just said all of the reasons why I don't like mods (well, not true, but I don't want to drag this out all day), why in the blue hell would I want them? That would be like going to somebody who is vegan, have them say all of the negative effects of food that hurts animals... And then asking them if they want a burger... It makes no sense
    • 1913 posts
    February 13, 2013 6:47 PM EST
    Did I say that you specifically didn't like it? Where in any of these comments did I say you, and only you, didn't like vanilla skyrim?
    • 1913 posts
    February 13, 2013 6:49 PM EST
    If you like mods, cool, I'm expressing my disdain for them. Free speech is a beautiful thing isn't it?
    • 1913 posts
    February 13, 2013 6:53 PM EST
    I RP on console, so realism mods intrigue me. Graphics mods also since it makes things look more real and that adds to RP. But I'm fine with everything else, vanilla weapons and armor? Cool. Vanilla locations? Cool.

Also, did I say they thought it was a piece of shit? I said, if you have to change a game to enjoy it more, than that game shouldn't be played by that person.
    • 1913 posts
    February 13, 2013 6:58 PM EST
    Look, I'm expressing why I dislike mods. I'm not trying to convince others, and you won't convince me. And if you really think I will convince others that modding isn't that great... I am sorry to tell you this, but you are wrong. Who cares what one guy has to say? Have fun how you want to have fun, I just don't have to agree with it :)
  • February 13, 2013 7:00 PM EST

That's the thing, they obviously enjoy the game if they're willing to put the time in to make it better. But I'm done here, your argument makes no sense, Bryn, none!

• 952 posts
    February 13, 2013 7:02 PM EST
    @Ben, see the landmass mods as standalone games dependant on the Skyrim engine that Bethesda doesn't give away like most other engine builders do. They are called mods but really aren't. If TES would have been Crytec then everyone could make his landmass mod a standalone because unlike Bethesda Crytec do give away their engine.

@Brynjol: Oh, so Skyrim isn't the game for me because I solve things that are flaws to me? Atleast I'm not so dumb to say it's a perfect game that couldn't be improved to fit me as a person in any way. Besides, I don't understand why every car isn't grey anyway. Why they allow people to choose a color is beyond me.
    • 952 posts
    February 13, 2013 7:04 PM EST
    They are simply called Immersive Weapons, and the other Immersive Armors, made by Hottrooper44
    • 1913 posts
    February 13, 2013 7:08 PM EST
    But if they liked Matt... Why would they change it? A by your logic, if I like something, I have to change it just to enjoy it more? That makes no sense.
    • 1913 posts
    February 13, 2013 7:09 PM EST
    Matt, dieter... I refer you to the last comments on the last page
  • February 13, 2013 7:14 PM EST

Just because they like something doesn't make it absolutely perfect, they changed it because they could make it better than it already was. Why would you not improve something if you had the means to?

• 1913 posts
    February 13, 2013 7:16 PM EST
    Because if I have to improve it, then why can't Bethesda do it for me? And again, refer you to the last 2 comments on this discussion