Forums » Elder Scrolls

Savior's Hide

• 34 posts
    February 12, 2013 5:37 PM EST

I love this armor.  Only problem is it's enchantments are weak in later levels.  Plus the fact you need the Ebony perk in Smithing to improve it twice as much.  Light armor, c'mon.

Anyone have any ideas for a build that utilizes this for RP or anything else?

• 409 posts
    February 12, 2013 5:39 PM EST
    I have a champion of hircine build I got the hide, stormcloak gauntlets, helmet, and boots, I also got the special werewolf rings from dragonborn, I got all the totems of hircine and all the werewolf perks, also I got the bow of the hunt and bow of the stag king and also the ring of hircine
    • 34 posts
    February 12, 2013 5:40 PM EST

Hmmm.  Guess I'll click on your name there and check it out eh?

• 409 posts
    February 12, 2013 5:41 PM EST
    haha I dont post any of the builds I make, I just keep them to myself seeing as how my build making skills are terrible.
    • 34 posts
    February 12, 2013 5:43 PM EST

Least your honest.  I'd just love to have that Savior's Hide implemented as the final armor piece in a build.  

• 1913 posts
    February 12, 2013 5:45 PM EST
    Could you send me a perk list? I want to make a follower of hircine or Korin.
  • February 12, 2013 5:45 PM EST
    Cicero's Spriggan does.
    • 34 posts
    February 12, 2013 5:46 PM EST

Checking it out now....

• 409 posts
    February 12, 2013 5:47 PM EST
    Yes it would be so elaborate that Mason would insta delete it in shear jelously. XD
    • 409 posts
    February 12, 2013 5:48 PM EST
    sure I could pull it up on the perk calculator and send u the link but I have no idea how to on an ipad
    • 1913 posts
    February 12, 2013 5:49 PM EST
    Ok, thanks though. I think it works the same though. Just click the save button and you can send the link
    • 34 posts
    February 12, 2013 5:51 PM EST

Cicero's Spriggan build looks more like an idea than an actual build.  There's no direction what so ever.

Skip.

• 1913 posts
    February 12, 2013 5:53 PM EST
    Yeah, didn't really like it. Like you said, it seemed more like an idea.
  • February 12, 2013 6:00 PM EST
    Lol. Builds aren't supposed to tell you what quests to do :P It tells you the gameplay, skills, items, RP, etc. Not too sure where you're coming from.
    • 34 posts
    February 12, 2013 6:00 PM EST

I do know this Savior's Hide is the only chest piece to have a magic resist enchantment on it.  Hmm...

• 409 posts
    February 12, 2013 6:02 PM EST
    I never used the hide for its enchantment always for RP
    • 34 posts
    February 12, 2013 6:10 PM EST

Whoever said anything about quests?

• February 12, 2013 6:12 PM EST
    Direction, what you're supposed to do (IE quests). Unless you referred to the gameplay direction, which there is.
    • 34 posts
    February 12, 2013 6:18 PM EST

Eh, I guess.

• 3 posts
    February 13, 2013 12:02 AM EST

I was rocking fur armor cause its cold then I killed a werewolf so now it's my new winter coat. One problem, doesn't have pants.

• 162 posts
    February 13, 2013 4:45 AM EST

My barbaric warrior does wear Savior's hide, beside her Hide armor and Fur armors (not the bikini ones btw).

For improving her armor ratio, she trained her smithing to the max and has create an improved smithing outfit with the help of enchanting, so she's able to improve non perk outfit to a decent level.

To improve her armor ratio even more she has trained Alternation so she can use the flesh spells. She can use Ironflesh now with only the basic amount of magica and her Gauldur amulet. With the stability perk it gives her 80pts extra armor rating for 90 seconds.

Third thing is Block. She keeps improving that over the Bash perks side, because her main weapon is a twohander.

The Lord stone and the Temple of Mara questline (and the Savior's hide itself ) give some extra defense against magic attacks. Savior's hide gives also resistance toward poison attacks.

She has also some points in Restoration to cheapen (basis row) and improve (Regeneration) her heals.

Her best defense is the offense though. Her hard hitting big sword makes short work of most regular opponents. Bashing, moving and hiding fills up the gap when against stronger opponents. Charging wonders against archers and pesky magicians

From the start she goes on Master difficulty and has reached level 55 now. At the moment her main weapons are a sword and a board to improve her One Handed skill. Only when against very strong opponents she still draws her big sword. To keep some challenge in it, she has exchanged her Dragon swords for Skyforge ones and has send her follower home. Her board is an improved Hide shield.

• 34 posts
    February 14, 2013 2:42 AM EST

You gave me some ideas, maybe on my next build/playthrough I'll go with some of what you say.  Why hide Shield though? RP?

• 162 posts
    February 14, 2013 3:38 AM EST

That Hide shield is indeed for RP reasons, It's the only not sophiticated looking light shield. As said above her defense is mainly offense so wielding a big heavy shield doesn't fit. She uses her shield mainly to bash and stagger her opponents, especially casters and archers. Also going to dual wield with her is still on my shortlist, sword-sword or sword-dagger.

Btw, With Ironflesh running her Armor rating is already 700+. I don't know how Armor rating is working exactly, but there seems to be some sort of cap at 600 or so, so I doubt if more Armor rating from a better shield is very usefull.

• 23 posts
    February 14, 2013 3:47 AM EST

the armor caps at 567

• 34 posts
    February 14, 2013 6:06 AM EST

Yep, anything above 567 is ignored and doesnt count.