Forums » General Gaming

Skyrim Kinect - The future or waste of time?

• 426 posts
    February 11, 2013 3:58 AM EST

How are you doing that? Do you play on PC? When you say remote is that separate to your pad or headset?

• 158 posts
    February 11, 2013 4:03 AM EST

Nah I play on xbox. Basically I disabled the visual side of Kinect and only use the voice recognition and by remote I mean I sit on my bed and use the actual xbox remote. The only way my kinect picks up audio is if its really loud, I have no idea why though  Which is helpful for not accidentally shouting. Pressing RB+LB will let you use your currently equipped shout, which is what I do

• 1595 posts
    February 11, 2013 5:14 AM EST

Just to be sure, have you guys that ar having problems tried recalibrating your Kinect Voice Tuner? Might be worth double checking.

Guy, you know you can still activate shouts manually by holding both R1 and L1 don't you?

• 426 posts
    February 11, 2013 5:19 AM EST

Yeah I have been using the two bumper buttons phil. Just want to be able to shout things myself lol I think i will give it a re calibration and see if that improves things.

• 1595 posts
    February 11, 2013 5:25 AM EST

Heh, just checking dude  Perhaps is calibrating doesn't work you could try and strectch the Kinect senosr so that it's nearer to you, That way you won't need to shout.

I'm wondering if some of the reason why I have less of a problem is because I play with headphones on. So my Kinect is only picking up sounds from outside or my wife gabbing, making it easier for it to identify my voice.

• 426 posts
    February 11, 2013 5:49 AM EST

Possibly I will give it a try with my head set on and see if it picks things up better. I am sat quite a way from the tv and sensor. Interesting though I will get to the bottom of it. It doesnt have any problems with the equip commands or menu ones. 

• 409 posts
    February 11, 2013 6:13 AM EST
    I tried using it but i got frustrated after I couldnt use powers maybe I need to read a guide somewhere?
    • 426 posts
    February 11, 2013 6:16 AM EST

Thats something I havent looked into. I know that you can assign magic,weapons, potions and use shouts. Not sure about powers. They have a full Kinect list in the help menu.

• 360 posts
    April 18, 2013 8:35 AM EDT
    I play when i get home at about 10pm up to 3pm depending on the day. Im generally alone at the appartment so its not weird for me to use the voice function and feel like im tslking to someone else, especially when i use the shout function. My neiborghs hate me...
    • 1595 posts
    April 18, 2013 11:25 AM EDT

How are you getting on with it Soneca? Any major issues or does it work ok for you?

• 360 posts
    April 19, 2013 6:17 AM EDT
    It works fine, my kinect isnt far very far though, i try to keep it at minimun distance and speak clear, some freinds of mine have a lot of dificulty with it though, i guess that you are bound to have problems with any voice regognition device. I dont really recomend using it, it hasant been game chainging for me, i supose if you use a lot of different items it could be game changing but since i only switch to my bow from my sword, i only need the 2 hotkeys on the xbox. I really only have it because it came with my xbox