Forums » Elder Scrolls

Away with the builds.

• 1913 posts
    January 31, 2013 12:36 PM EST
    What if there are builds that are recently made? I'm planning on doing another build and would hate to have it purged simply for being in the bloodworks at the wrong time
    • 739 posts
    January 31, 2013 12:38 PM EST

For now it simply means that if your build has under 20 likes it's in danger of being removed...

I wouldn't post a new build this week unless your confident you're posting good material...

• 739 posts
    January 31, 2013 12:40 PM EST

It also means that from this day forward all three of the hosts will be prodding at new builds with their shitty stick to make sure crap doesn't flood our halls again...

• 31 posts
    January 31, 2013 12:42 PM EST

Thats a bit overkill.

• 16 posts
    January 31, 2013 12:44 PM EST

I guess like it has been pointed out earlier, if your build is good enough, you don't have to worry.  I for see my only two builds getting the kick.  Not to worried, it was fun making them, and that's what i like doing, create things. :P

• 52 posts
    January 31, 2013 12:45 PM EST
    Finally, I believe here my boys we are done. The Plague/ The Purge will begin eventually.
    • 490 posts
    January 31, 2013 12:47 PM EST
    FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

I like the idea of one giant deathmatch. It would clear out weekly for fresh ideas to arrive. Having the clearout would give some lower builds attention too! Visitors to the site and members alike won't feel intimidated to read a massive amount of builds.
    • 557 posts
    January 31, 2013 12:48 PM EST
    I LOVE PURGES!
    • 739 posts
    January 31, 2013 12:49 PM EST

Like I said, I wouldn't post anything new this week. Consider it extra time to make your build better...

It may even be worth the hosts closing down discussions for a few days so people can concentrate on editing...

• 52 posts
    January 31, 2013 12:50 PM EST
    Mason can have the right of announcing the Purge.
    • 1913 posts
    January 31, 2013 12:55 PM EST
    Mason did you get my message? If you did, do you mind not spoiling the surprise just yet?
    • 1913 posts
    January 31, 2013 12:59 PM EST
    Plague? That insinuates that it is bad
    • 739 posts
    January 31, 2013 1:00 PM EST

Oh yeah, I got it...

No problem...

• 31 posts
    January 31, 2013 1:00 PM EST

There is way too many unworthy build simply because they are play for just a short period of time using cheat or just to a certain level such as level 25-50 and the rest are up to the player to figure it out. For some of us out here, we would rather play a build that are close or at complete stage instead of trying to figure out what to do with the rest of the level.

We would probably have lesser submission if all build have stricter requirement such as player would need to thoroughly play their build (At least to level 75 instead of 30-40) before their submission are accepted to bloodwork.

I seen enough build with fancy music as their background, awesome presentation, story and etc etc, but none of it intrigue me enough to vote. If they are as much as abandon their build at specific level simply due to boredom or whatever reason it might be, that already a significant sign their build ain't worthy at all at first place.

I once try one of the build that only have it's level 30-50 perk sheet in their build, then I have no (censored) idea what to do with my perk point or my character at the later level.

• 16 posts
    January 31, 2013 1:02 PM EST

Ok, backed up both my builds to my PC, go ahead with your purge ^^

• 1913 posts
    January 31, 2013 1:02 PM EST
    • 739 posts
    January 31, 2013 1:09 PM EST

What level people choose to post a build at will always be their own choice.

That's not really what we're discussing here though...

• 1913 posts
    January 31, 2013 1:22 PM EST
    I agree with mason. We are discussing how to delete builds in the bloodworks... Not discussing what levels people should play until. Besides, some characters you can't level up that high. Take Ponty's paladin... In order to get up to level 70, he would have to start leveling skills a paladin would never have (stealth skills, conjuration, etc.). If we force builds to go that high, they lose the purpose of the build. Lvl. 20-30 is a great starting point for a build in my eyes
    • 31 posts
    January 31, 2013 1:31 PM EST

It's true, it was their own choice. But if we look back into most of the bloodwork build, most of the poor build are usually just play up to level 20-40. 

If higher level requirement are set up, no doubt submission would be lesser and pretty much determine the effort of the author itself. 

If the author itself could't be interested to his/her own build till/almost to the very end, how do he/she expect other to like his build a lot?

I am not trying to be asshole over here, I just feel that some of the build out there are not developed with enough passion and dedication at all. I hope you understand my feeling, nothing personal here.

• 31 posts
    January 31, 2013 1:35 PM EST

Hmm, I don't quite get about this part. 

Won't it be fine just by level it, but leave the perk point out of it?

For example, I train sneak skill but I do not add perk point into it. Instead, I use the perk point I gain to add into skill that are related to paladin build.

• January 31, 2013 1:37 PM EST
    Very well, Septimus. Let's look at the Legendary builds. Hmm, all of Mason's go to level 50. Most of Ponty's go to either level 30, 50, or 60. Only Narmis's reach level 81. A level requirement would be rather foolish, especially one so high.
    • 1913 posts
    January 31, 2013 1:37 PM EST
    Again... Look at my comment above yours.
    • 1913 posts
    January 31, 2013 1:42 PM EST
    You are still leveling a skill the build wouldn't use. It's ok if you are doing it by accident, like lockpicking, but for skills like stealth you have to sneak in order to level it up. A paladin wouldn't use those. Focusing on levels is an idiotic idea
    • 31 posts
    January 31, 2013 1:43 PM EST

But what a person should do if they have insufficient perk point for the build.

For example, the build recommend you to have perk point add to this specific skill and yet all the necessary skill for the build already in max level. It would certainly encourage me to level up a skill that are not within the build vicinity.

I cannot remember which build I try about 4-5 months ago, I have all the skills for the build at level 100 and yet I do not have sufficient perk point to add it in accordance to his/her perk spreadsheet. Not without leveling other skill that are none related to his/her build.

• 1913 posts
    January 31, 2013 1:46 PM EST
    Then use the dragonborn way of resetting perk points. If not, don't just use a perk point cause you level up, you can save it for later, when your skill is higher