Forums » The Lounge

Misc quests

• 81 posts
    December 23, 2011 9:55 AM EST
    So here's the thing, I've got a load of the misc quests which I had totally ignored until the other day. I decided to try and get them all out of the way, so I activated every single one of them. Suddenly the map was full of arrows pointing in every direction. That's when I realised just how much I had forgotten about them.
    Anyway what do you do when you get one of these quests? Do you complete them straight away, eager for the reward? Or do you ignore them until you forget even how you got it?
    • 773 posts
    December 23, 2011 10:04 AM EST

A bit of both

I'm trying to keep my miscellaneous quests down to a sensible number, which I decided was no more than could be displayed on a single page of the quest log.

So, I'll often have a session where I do two or three of the misc. quests, just to keep the number manageable.

And, of course, those quests are really good for when you don't have much time to play. Doing a radiant quest where you have to 'kill the leader of the bandits at X Cave' is something that can be started and finished in a short play session

• 739 posts
    December 23, 2011 10:07 AM EST

I complete them straight away! I micro-manage my journal to the letter in all ES games, ive only ever got 4 - 5 quests active if i can help it.

• 577 posts
    December 23, 2011 10:36 AM EST

I actually did a 'session' of misc quest last night. It's down to about a page in a half-2 pages. There was a time were there was alot more and I did your route and lit them all up and just went to the arrows to finish them off. Did a "power" play, I guess you can say. Its gettin to that point of startin to look for all the walls, masks, claws, treasures, critters, etc. Close to starting a new character. My Dunmer is at 47 and I want to get him to 50. That seems like a legit goal.

My side quest are basically DB/listener/radiant stuff. Although I didn't do the quest for the mage that told me where the Elder Scroll was in Blackreach (I got the Scroll, just forgot the other part)

• 81 posts
    December 23, 2011 10:48 AM EST

I'm glad someone else does it like me, I was starting to think I was the only one... I'm not going to ruin it for you, so I'll just say this: next time you get the chance go back to Blackreach and do what the mage said, it's quite rewarding.

• 15 posts
    December 23, 2011 12:08 PM EST

I keep all of my miscellaneous quests. I don't usually forget where I've gotten them, except for the bounties, because I'm too busy not doing them.

• 37 posts
    December 24, 2011 7:56 AM EST

I try to keep them down to a manageable amount and usually tackle a few during a play session. The thing is i find that while out adventuring completing these quests i invariably end up with the same amount of news as the ones I've just completed, it seems every second person and their mother needs help with something in skyrim.

• 856 posts
    December 24, 2011 11:19 AM EST

I'm always aware of them, and take a look at them every time I open my journal.  I often will do those random quests when I'm in the area, although sometimes I will actively persue it - especially if it is well suited for my character.   Some of those quests I will never do (no suited for a particular character's personality).

• 6 posts
    December 24, 2011 2:26 PM EST

If they seem interesting, I will do them at a leisurely pace. I haven't really done many of the more uninteresting ones. Perhaps I will have a play session devoted to these quests.

• 13 posts
    December 24, 2011 2:53 PM EST

I totally do the same thing. It's pretty surprising the number of times I've cleared a cave and then gotten a notification that I'd completed some task someone asked me to do, often one that I have no recollection of:P

I wish it wasn't that way I just really don't always feel like completing some of the boring misc quests I get but I also don't want to have to go back to the person to get them again, so I'm just collecting a kind of epic list of misc quests that I scan through every now and then to complete some, or as I mentioned earlier complete them without even meaning to :P It does kind of bother me though, takes away from the role playing realism of it all. I feel like there might be a session of misc quest clearing in my future.

• 16 posts
    December 24, 2011 7:41 PM EST

It depends on what they are, if its just a 300 gold quest to kill some bandits, I wont ever get to it. But if it's something with an actuall reward,  will do it straigh away.