Forums » General Gaming

Shrinkage

• January 22, 2013 4:37 PM EST
    I'm having some issues with one of my characters.
    He's a High elf Paladin mighty and bold but he recently just shrunk...
    Wood elf height. Now I'm getting annoyed that everyone is taller than him,and don't know how to reverse it.
    Do you know a way or someone who could help get him to "grow" to normal size Altmer?
  • January 22, 2013 4:47 PM EST
    I don't know. Are you on PC? I heard all races are the same height on consoles. You could try going to the Face Sculptor, see if that resets your height.
    • 52 posts
    January 22, 2013 5:02 PM EST
    Actually races have certain height which affect their running speed and weapon damage. The taller you are the more damage you are going to do with a weapon (it's pretty miniscule) and the faster you are going to run. The tallest race is a High Elf.
  • January 22, 2013 5:03 PM EST
    I'm on Xbox
    I've tried activating objects but nothing, plus now it seems like I even do less damage!
    • 88 posts
    January 22, 2013 5:18 PM EST

Movement speed, and jump height/length possibly, is affected, damage is not.

From the Bethsoft forums, Domilasa posted:

Here's my workings;

Hitting Imperial Captain with a Daedric Warhammer (first enemy you meet with a new character);

Base hp = 50

After one hit;

Breton = 44.21 (Scale 1, base 1.00)
    Altmer = 44.21 (Scale 1, base 1.08)

Breton = 38.41 (Scale 2, base 2.00)
    Altmet = 38.41 (Scale 2, base 2.16)

Changing scale via the console effects damage, sure, but everything in the game has a default console scale of 1 so damage wont be effected by race. Base scale doesn't effect damage which is what is different between races.

If their run speed tests are correct, then the taller races run slightly faster, which makes sense, but it doesn't effect damage.

• January 22, 2013 5:26 PM EST
    Then my 2nd visit there will be my next stop
  • January 22, 2013 5:29 PM EST
    Because I like being tall and the faster run speed was my choosing of Altmer (plus skill bonuses) but now I have to look up to actually see people's faces, and that's not comfortable.
    • 88 posts
    January 22, 2013 5:32 PM EST

Someone on the Bethsoft forums mentioned the decapitation animation reset scale.

• January 22, 2013 6:07 PM EST
    Maybe that's what caused it! Since I recently got the perk and did it twice, then maybe...damn! I like to chop people's heads off!
    • 3 posts
    September 1, 2014 10:54 PM EDT

It pays to be an Archer!