Forums » Elder Scrolls

Back to the Blog

• 426 posts
    January 16, 2013 4:21 AM EST

Thought I would get a discussion going to get a feel of what people have been up to in Skyrim whilst I have been gone. Also to update where and what I have been doing seeing as I have been gone for the release of all three DLC's (on xbox - sorry PS3 and PC users). 

You will be glad to know that I managed to get all three downloaded even out here in the desert which was a bonus as I was expecting to have to wait till I got to the UK to pick them up. I won't go into too much detail so as not to put any spoilers but I would say that on the whole I enjoyed all three. 

I experienced few glitches through Dawnguard that were remedied by simply reloading, Hearthfire revitalized Skyrim for me and gave me some direction in fact I still have loads to do to complete my three manors. Dragonborn was by far the best of the three. The joy I experienced when I finally showed Miraak what a real Dragonborn could do made me play the final again and again just to kick his scrawny ass over and over lol.

Finally I managed to get all the achievements unlocked for the game which I have only done once before and unsurprisingly it was Oblivion. I must admit I did a little bit of boosting to get a character to Lvl 81 so that I could trigger the Legendary Dragon. What's left? any other people who have unlocked and played through everything what do find yourself doing now? 

• 1913 posts
    January 16, 2013 6:05 AM EST
    The ebony warrior from Dragonborn... Don't go up against him unless you feel you are absolutely ready. The warrior has fully enchanted weapons and armor (max level enchantments), he has a paralysis spell that can keep you crippled for about 15 secs, he can shout as well (plus, you fight him on a cliff... Add that with an enemy fus ro dah... Bad things)... You can only fight him after level 80 though... Have fun
    • 426 posts
    January 16, 2013 6:15 AM EST

Yeah thats my next challenge but I need to put some work in on my character before I tackle him I think. Maybe grab a few deadric artifacts to boost me up lol

• 1913 posts
    January 16, 2013 6:21 AM EST
    Don't do that, he has a weird thing where he can reflect the amount of damage you do to him back at you. His sword absorbs health, and most of his armor absorbs some form of destruction magic...

My advice: don't make over powered weapons, and be lucky
    • 426 posts
    January 16, 2013 6:35 AM EST

Yeah I think i just need to enchant my armour and maybe have a similar one on my sword. I have the reflect damage perk as well with heavy armour. May even go for a sneaky Mehrunes Razor and fluke it lol

• 1913 posts
    January 16, 2013 6:39 AM EST
    That is not honorable. The ebony warrior is a random encounter some people find him in Windhelm rather than other places. Go into a building and then exit and he should be there. All the ebony warrior wants is to die in honorable combat so his soul can rest in Soverngarde... And yet he is a redguard...
    • 426 posts
    January 16, 2013 7:03 AM EST

Lol Yeah I know but it will be if I stick it in his face rather than his back lol I have already met with him in Whiterun. More luck to me that I have a powerful deadric artifact he has supposedly done everything so his loss if he doesn't have one lol I know it will take a few tries so I will leave it as a last resort 

• 966 posts
    January 16, 2013 7:08 AM EST

Haven't met the Ebony warrior yet, but he sounds like one of my character from Oblivion. Could it be...

Anyway, welcome back!

• 1913 posts
    January 16, 2013 7:09 AM EST
    No
    • 426 posts
    January 16, 2013 7:14 AM EST

Cheers Alduin good to see your still frequenting the blog 

• 966 posts
    January 16, 2013 8:05 AM EST

Oh aye, always watching.