Forums » General Gaming

What was your best gaming moment?

• 88 posts
    June 4, 2013 9:03 PM EDT
    I dindn't mind finding out I was number 7 on Mario Cart in Canada either.
    • 1 posts
    June 10, 2013 2:00 AM EDT
    My pseudo clan and I joined a game in COD 4 on the map Bog... We joined down 7200-200 on the bad spawn, came back and won. Final score 7500-7300.
    • 152 posts
    June 10, 2013 2:40 AM EDT

my first Capital fleet fight in Eve Online. Of course, I was not in a capital ship, but it was still awesome to see the capitals duking it out!

• 116 posts
    June 10, 2013 4:43 AM EDT

This is a hard question... but I think it would probably be in City of Heroes.  There was a particular badge that you could earn in one of the end-game raids that very few people on my server had... and for good reason: if a single person in the 24 person raid was in the wrong spot at the wrong time, the badge failed.  Needless to say, it took a LOT of determination, coordination and forward thinking leadership to pull it off.  I lead probably 20 attempts at that and other badges during the same raid and earned all but that one.

I was running this same raid for the second to last time that evening, and due to some sort of weird glitch, the patch of instant death we were supposed to avoid... NEVER happened at all.  So, we earned the badge in that run.

I went on to lead another 10+ raids to try to help others get the badge on my server who had missed out on our odd run.  Finally, we got it for real.  Both times were pretty memorable in terms of gaming moments.  In fact, pretty much every succesful raid I lead in CoH was an awesome achievement... just to be able to herd 18-24 people toward the right objectives was prety awesome.

I just wish the game hadn't been killed before its time. 

• 27 posts
    June 11, 2013 3:14 AM EDT

I think it was the first rpg I played, Fallout 3.

Just the first time I walked out of Vault 101, I was so amazed by the scenery and all the places you could go to. Actually the first time you can discover a whole new world like the wasteland, Cyrodiil or Skyrim.

You never forget your first time.

• 25 posts
    June 11, 2013 4:35 AM EDT

When I finally beat Rawr In Fallout:New Vegas,and finally getting the Fist Of The North Rawr.

Killing Bowser in Mario 64,after years,and having to make a new save

Getting All the stars in Mario 64

Killing a Legendary Dragon on Legendary as a level 80 mage!

Getting my Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 to work again

Beating Sephiroth on Critical In Kingdom Hearts 2

Beating Every story on Critical in KH:Birth By Sleep

Beating Sonic And The Secret Rings,after years

Getting Perfects on every boss fight in Sonic and the Black Knight

Beating Luigi's Mansion

Finally beating the time trial mission in Eggmanland in Sonic Unleashed,beating the game soon after

Getting A Platinum in Skyrim

Finally Beating Arena

Beating Shadow The Hedgehog

Thats all I can think of right now.

• 3 posts
    June 11, 2013 4:53 AM EDT

Baldur's Gate, the first one. I was twelve years old, it was the second RPG I'd ever played (the first being The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening on the Gameboy). I killed a virtually unbeatable NPC called Drizzt by buying dozens of wands of monster summoning and literally summoning an army around him. I equipped my entire party with ranged weapons and they stood in a circle taking potshots at him while my mage just kept spamming wands to keep him busy. I think it took about 40 mins and 5 or 6 wands to finally take him down but the feeling, not to mention the loot, was totally worth it. I remember trying to explain it to my parents and my mother just said, 'Oh, but aren't you supposed to be a good guy?'

• 111 posts
    June 11, 2013 7:10 AM EDT

What about the final showdown with Sarevok? 

Drizzt do' Urden ( a Drow) also appearars in BG2 and he has a priest that revives him if he gets killed

• 3 posts
    June 11, 2013 7:52 AM EDT

I had to reload the beginning of that fight quite a few times until I saved vs that death spell his mage buddy opens with. Looking back I really didn't have much of a grasp of the mechanics back then. I just min-maxed a fighter and blundered through the game. Played it more recently with Tutu installed. So much nostalgia.

• 111 posts
    June 11, 2013 9:00 AM EDT

Know what you mean. It's still a damn good rpg and adventure game even now. Pretty much still used as a benchmark for evaluating today's RPGs. Still got my original copies of both and the expansions. Just can't throw them away. Am thinking about reinstalling them, but someone's has actually reproduced BG using the NWN2 engine as a mod within NWN2 itself. Obviously you need NWN2 (which I have anyway), and also both expansions MOTB and SOZ to play it (only got one of them at the mo). I shall give it a whirl as a mod and see what it is like in 3d. Now where can we get some modders to reproduce this as a mod in Oblivion or Skyrim ?

• 3 posts
    June 11, 2013 3:39 PM EDT

Played a lot of NWN 1 online, never made it to NWN 2. MMORPGs just ate up too much of my life. The best gaming moment I've had in Skyrim specifically would be during my first playthrough. I was running with the Circle up to the Tomb of Ysgramor. Somewhere on the road north we were attacked by a Blood Dragon (the 1st time I had encountered one). We took it down as a party within minutes, with Farkas getting the kill cam animation with his greatsword. Team work.

• 111 posts
    June 11, 2013 5:10 PM EDT

Yeah! A good crowd to hang around with. Can't remember if they, like housecarls, can't level past 50.,That only becomes an issue as followers if you have one of the expansion dlcs (I think). The latest mod companions have been tweaked to solve that issue

• 33 posts
    June 11, 2013 5:11 PM EDT

The first time I played skyrim 

• 365 posts
    June 11, 2013 6:32 PM EDT

Completed San Andreas for the very first time....needless to say I think...

Or completed Gears of War 3 on Co-Op, all the ups and downs in the storyline was amazing....

When I first saw Skyrim!

• 11 posts
    June 21, 2013 2:48 AM EDT

For this specific gen, I would have to say that the ending of Red Dead Redemption was my favourite and best remembered moment in gaming.

:Spoilers ahead:

When I stepped out of that barn, my game bugged. There were a solid 30 seconds in which I stood there, finger hovering over the trigger button, thinking how the hell am I going to get out of this situation. When I finally got to shoot, taking something like 4 of the guys down, I could do nothing but sit and watch John get riddled with bullets while thinking 'S**t, I messed up'. I got so attached to that character that It was just pure shock and awe. Brilliant.

That being said, the ending of Bioshock Infinite left my jaw on the ground. Going to have to add that moment into this reply - just to epic for words.

• 4 posts
    June 21, 2013 2:52 AM EDT
    My favorite moment this year would probably have to be the moment when I played with the spider creation in the Dragonborn DLC of Skyrim.

Edit: And when I played the Witcher games. Absolutely loved the books (haven't read the third one yet, but planning to).
    • 1 posts
    June 24, 2013 1:43 AM EDT

It's a tie for me. The time I finally beat Shao Kahn in the end of the newest Mortal Kombat on the hardest difficulty was exhilarating-considering he was OP to the max. That is tied to the satisfaction I got for beating Red on Mount Silver in Pokemon Silver as a kid. An honorable mention goes to Skyrim the time I killed that bastard Nazeem in a creative fashion (which involved Soul Trap+Fear+Ignite+Ash Shell).

• 9 posts
    June 24, 2013 4:40 PM EDT
    Beating final fantasy III... That was the hardest game I've ever played.
    • 209 posts
    July 2, 2013 6:32 AM EDT

Bethesda has it nailed with those first views of the world, especially fallout 3, that one got me for some reason.

• 209 posts
    July 2, 2013 6:40 AM EDT

I'm not going to answer because theres so many.

Reading this particular discussion has riddled me with nostalgia so much...

I have just phoned my best childhood friend... we're gonna chill on morrowind adult style with a pizza and a few beers in substitute of lemonade and sweets on friday night.

Thank you for this discussion, all of you !

• 40 posts
    July 2, 2013 1:04 PM EDT
    Best moment for me would be in 'Simple Deathmatch' on Assassin's Creed III. If anyone has played that online then you know its not an easy thing to stun in broad daylight (If ya know what I mean). Anyway I was 1st place with 4 pursuers, a lot for one person, but anyway they all came at me. I stunned the first one. Then the second waited idle of the stun animation, probably thinking he could get incognito, turned around stunned him. Then another pursuer ran through an archway and didn't notice me so I stunned him, THEN I got a new pursuer who ran from a hall, stunned him, at this moment he yelled on his mic saying, "He stunned me again!" Sounded like he was crying, then I got assassinated from behind. This all happened in about 30 seconds in real time, but it was epic and hilarious! I can still hear that kids voice "He stunned me again!" >-<</body>
    • 185 posts
    July 7, 2013 8:25 PM EDT
    After Defeating Red In Mt Silver In Pokemon Crystal
    Only Using A Typhlosion Lvl 75,Snorlax Lvl 50,Lugia Lvl 60 And A Suicune Lvl 40.
    Epic
    • 69 posts
    July 7, 2013 8:42 PM EDT

Getting through the Bloodmoon maze and defeating that guy with 700 luck.

• 69 posts
    July 7, 2013 8:43 PM EDT

That was a wonderful experience for myself. That is one of my all-time favorite games.

• 8 posts
    July 7, 2013 9:31 PM EDT

Surprisingly, I think it would have to be a moment from Runescape, when I finally defeated Nomad. At the time, he was the second most powerful boss in the game. He was level 699, and by comparison, I was level 110-ish. It took me about 7 or 8 attempts, but that glorious feeling of victory at the end was unlike anything I've felt in a game before. Plus the loot was sweet