Forums » Elder Scrolls

Whats your favorite playstle?

• December 27, 2012 1:22 PM EST

I doubt Ronald cares, either way. I didn't see it as important, you did (and not without reason), that's how stuff works sometimes

• 1913 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:22 PM EST
    They just seem so generic that I get bored playing as them really quickly. They could be an amazing race to play as, I just wouldn't know cause I have played as an Orc... Maybe 2 times in an entire year
    • 1913 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:25 PM EST
    For me it is better just to draw them away from others, I try to put them somewhere near me but not right in front of me
    • 557 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:26 PM EST

All three words, yes. I will stay in the shadows and lure them near me, then use the Shout again (I use the Restoration Glitch) to make them turn the opposite way as I do, then kill them.

• December 27, 2012 1:27 PM EST

I never said mine weren't, I said this was more about your mechanically favorite playstyle. If it was favorite roleplaying playstyle, then I'd say a follower of a certain divine, most of the time worshippers of Diagna or Ebonarm (I love Redguards).

• 557 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:28 PM EST

Ingenious? No. Just a different way of playing.

• December 27, 2012 1:28 PM EST

And when, dear sir, will you post it?

• 30 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:32 PM EST

i'm sure i will when are you posting it?

• 490 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:36 PM EST
    Well I am finally free from family parties and obligations. I would 100% tell you tonight! Just gotta find some art.
  • December 27, 2012 1:37 PM EST

Hmmm, you have a point. My Redguards nearly all use swords rather than axes and maces due to the sword's cultural symbolism in Redguard culture. 

• 1913 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:39 PM EST
    Need help searching for some art?
    • 1913 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:40 PM EST
    I try to use it for enemies who are not near other enemies, other than that I don't know
    • 490 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:41 PM EST
    Sure! Anything High Elf type wearing golden/elven armor (light version if possible) using sword + spell!
  • December 27, 2012 1:45 PM EST

I believe the first part of Vix's covers their pantheon. My favorite of that group is Diagna, lord of the sideways blade and he hates all undead, which helps for roleplaying. And Ebonarm, not exactly a divine, but he's been called the god of war, and he hates all Daedra, except Sheogorath for some reason. Redguards, as a whole, are pretty unexplored, lore wise. 

• 30 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:47 PM EST

on my build the tactionalist i could use throw voice to make them walk directly on the rune.

• 78 posts
    December 27, 2012 7:48 PM EST

I'm using spellsword on my Dark Elf character which I haven't perfected yet.   My Breton Tiint is my fav and she's an stealth archer.  I just love my daedric bow with two enchantment and sneaking.  It's pretty solid against the drauger death lords.  I don't pay any attention to race and their bonus points much.

• 291 posts
    December 27, 2012 8:12 PM EST

I almost always play someone who uses Archery, Sneak, one school of magic (and only a very specialized set of spells--like only flesh spells or only natural conjuration or only runes), Light Armor, and either daggers or a shortsword.  Sometimes I branch off into Alchemy, or I'll keep it limited.  But I've always played a ranged character.  

So, I guess that would be my favorite playstyle.

I actually have a very hard time NOT using Sneak to some degree.  I chalk it up to my cautious nature irl and my dislike of crap popping out from around a corner.  I have to know what's coming.

• 78 posts
    December 27, 2012 8:19 PM EST

ha ha, yeah always nice when something scares ya from around the corner!!!  Yes like the sneak ranged to get the bonus points!

• 2 posts
    December 27, 2012 11:53 PM EST

What? Thou disliketh the Argonians!?! Heretic!!! In non-psychotic words... WHAT???

• 253 posts
    December 28, 2012 2:09 AM EST

I have had 3 favorite play throughs/styles so far. My most favorite was my "Harlequin", which I may post someday. It, in a nutshell, revolved around alteration, illusion, and dual wield swords (one with stamina absorb), as well as some sneak, restoration, and other such skills here and there. It at times could walk through an entire city slaughtering all the guards and such (at around level 20 I tried it in Riften) without even casting a flesh spell, but then at other times I got absolutely decimated by strangely leveled enemies and the occasional saber cat too high of a level for a calm spell + backstab. In all it was a difficult, but very fun play through. 

The second was a heavy roleplay style, it was a character based around the re-incarnation of the "Red Eagle". It was not very new or exciting skills mostly just dual wielded sword and ax, light armor, enchanting, and conjured atronachs with some restoration, alteration, and a few other minor skills. It was extremely fun and a new perspective of RP for me.

I guess my favorite playstyle then would be "glass cannon" dual wielding, neither of the play throughs had much armor, but still dished out massive damage and were supported by various magic schools to balance out.  

My other favorite playstyle is close to a pure mage(using all the magic schools at some point), but uses some other skills to make it more interesting, as well as no cost reduction enchantments. (I would like to go into more detail on the last one but I am planning to post it soon, since I am traveling right now, and I do not want to give anything away). 

• December 28, 2012 6:06 PM EST
    Pure Evil Mages and Assassins.
    • 856 posts
    December 28, 2012 7:20 PM EST

You need no glitch to reshout 'throw voice'.  All three words have  a 5 second cool down time, allowing you to quickly throw it again (or another shout).  I love throw voice, it has many uses - here's one that wasn't mentioned:

Use throw voice (3 words) to lure a group to a ledge - then Fus Ro Dah (unrelenting force) them all to their deaths.