Forums » Elder Scrolls

Whats your favorite playstle?

• 30 posts
    December 27, 2012 12:40 PM EST

I'm sure someone probably has done this already but my favorite playstle is the classic spellsword i'm on my second one arcadia lvl 12 high elf destruction,conjuration,restoration,one handed,smithing,enchanting,light armor 

• 1913 posts
    December 27, 2012 12:47 PM EST
    Anything that is not evil and involves archery.
    • 2 posts
    December 27, 2012 12:56 PM EST

Hey that's how I start out also, the spellsword. of course it usually devolves into pure melee because bandits don't like to stay at mid range

• 1913 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:06 PM EST
    Now race, that is a harder decision to make. In order of the most liked to least liked (NOTE: I said "least liked", at no point did I say hate and I don't want to start a race hate discussion.) it would be...

1. Nord
    2. Breton
    3. Altmer
    4. Dunmer
    5. Imperial
    6. Wood elf
    7. Redguard
    8. Khajiit
    9. Argonian
    • 739 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:07 PM EST

I mainly favour a sword n board warrior, especially if I have a strong 'fire n forget' school of magic on switch (illusion/conjuration). Starting combat by quickly calling a minion or firing off a frenzy spell before wading in with good defense just feels nice!

I can never settle on one playstyle for long though...

I think my least favourite is dual weilding.

• 739 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:08 PM EST

I think you missed out the pig-folk as well as drifting off topic...

• 1913 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:09 PM EST
    ??? What are you talking about?
    • 490 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:11 PM EST
    Hard to pick a favorite, but I would say some sort of two handed warrior. I have made so many of those, it is addicting.

Currently running an almost total offensive spellsword and it is AWESOME. Conjuration is one of the coolest magics and Skyrim is starting to gain more and more cool conjuration spells through DLCs.
    • 30 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:11 PM EST

I've played most of them, but the one I keep coming back to is the sword-and-board playstyle. One of my current characters is a Khajiit warrior that uses heavy armor, a shield and a war axe and utilizes the steed stone and sneak. Also chose to disregard archery for this particular character as well, as he would become more-or-less a heavy armor stealth archer, and I don't want that.

Although I do enjoy playing both spellsword style as well as using two-handed weapons.

• December 27, 2012 1:11 PM EST

The Orcs

• 30 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:12 PM EST

my favorite is nord but i just cannot play a spellsword without anything other than a high elf

• 131 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:12 PM EST
    Straight up 2h sword/axe and wading through waves of enemies like an unstoppable machine.
    • 739 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:13 PM EST

"I think you missed out the pig folk..."

Orc/Orsimer/Pig Children/Big green things...

"...as well as drifting off topic...."

This discussion isn't about favourite race it's about favourite playstyle.

• 1913 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:13 PM EST
    They don't deserve to be on my list.
  • December 27, 2012 1:14 PM EST

Definitely prefer battlemages and spellswords. My favorite characters have all been battlemages; the Sorceror, the Khulari, my current character (who I may post if anyone wants to help), Obsidian Sentinel, Maormer, etc. I just love both destruction and swords, so it's natural for me love the hybrids

• 30 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:14 PM EST

i never play my character past lvl 50 without exploits and dual wielding is quite terrible unless you use it end game with high armor

• 1913 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:14 PM EST
    With the new bloodskal blade in Dragonborn I am starting to like using 2 handed weapons. But I would have to say my favorite play styles over all would be either rangers on paladins
  • December 27, 2012 1:16 PM EST

"...at no point did I say hate and I don't want to start a race hate discussion." "They (Orcs) don't deserve to be on my list."  Ah-huh?

• 490 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:16 PM EST
    Whaaaaat? You must be crazy...
    • 1913 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:16 PM EST
    Well when I read the description of the discussion it stated race so I thought that was an important part, if not I apologize
    • 490 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:17 PM EST
    You'll love the one I am posting then!
    • 1913 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:18 PM EST
    Did I say I hate them? I said they don't deserve to be put in my list because I've never played an Orc for longer than an hour so it would be unfair to judge just because of that
  • December 27, 2012 1:19 PM EST

Race isn't intrinsic to playstyle, I could be an Orc ranger and Bosmer berserker. Race has nothing to do with playstyle And this discussion was more about mechanically favorite playstyle, not roleplaying.

• 557 posts
    December 27, 2012 1:19 PM EST

I actually have a rather tactical approach to Skyrim. I will sneak, then use Throw Voice to move a single enemy near me, then silently take them out with a bow or dagger. Then I will do the same to the others nearby. 

For bigger enemies, I use a bow that I call "Confusion" that has Fear and a Chaos enchant on it. Then they run as they take damage. 

For Dragons, there isn't really much of a Tactical Method to taking them out. If possible, I will use a bow from cover, that way they can't attack me, but I can attack them. If no cover is available, I "go loud". I will simply run at them with two enchanted daggers (one with Lightning Damage and Frost Damage, the other with Chaos and Fiery Soul Trap [yes, I know it doesn't work on Dragons]). 

This usually gives me a very fun playthrough, and allows my DiD characters to survive. 

• December 27, 2012 1:20 PM EST

Surrreeeeee