Forums » The Lounge

1st person or 3rd person

• 5 posts
    December 19, 2012 7:05 PM EST

i just wondering when playing what perceive people like use 1st or 3rd

i change depending on what i'm using

• 133 posts
    December 19, 2012 7:07 PM EST

Eh, I can't stick to one. I usually just end up continuously changing, with what I'm using. Although I do favor 3rd person.

• 291 posts
    December 19, 2012 7:11 PM EST

Depends on what I'm doing:

First Person:

• Fighting (of any kind)
    • Exploring in most instances
    • Interacting with people
    • Indoors

Third Person:

• Exploring where I need to watch my step or jump a lot (mountain climbing)
    • Riding a horse because I have no choice
    • Sitting somewhere pretending to be part of the scenery
    • Sometimes when sneaking

Generally, the harder to negotiate and environment is, the more likely I'll be in third person.  This is probably because my formative years of gaming were spent playing Zelda and I got a lot of practice balancing on ropes that way. ;)

• 23 posts
    December 19, 2012 7:25 PM EST

I tend to switch back and forth.

I like to do things like fight in first person, then pull out to third person for a power attack, pull back in to first person for blocks... etc.

Its just the way I've always played tes games.

• 23 posts
    December 19, 2012 7:29 PM EST

up, down, right, right HYDOKEN!

• 271 posts
    December 20, 2012 1:18 AM EST
    I second that! :)
    • 38 posts
    December 20, 2012 1:52 AM EST

I third it

• 162 posts
    December 20, 2012 2:43 AM EST

3rd person most of the time. I only use 1st person when shooting with a bow when I've an "always stand in my line of sight" follower around and to crap stuff in crampy places because the 3rd person pointer is off sight when looking at nearby spots.

• 277 posts
    December 20, 2012 6:23 AM EST

I play mostly first person.

• 952 posts
    December 20, 2012 6:30 AM EST
    1st person for gameplay, 3d person for screenshots.
    • 2 posts
    December 21, 2012 4:00 PM EST
    3rd person when travelling, 1st person the rest of the time. Combat just seems very... "Floaty" in 3rd person. Lacks the same impact as 1st.
    • 131 posts
    December 21, 2012 4:26 PM EST

Same as pretty much everyone else: 1st Person for combat/building and 3rd person for travel.

• 1913 posts
    December 21, 2012 4:27 PM EST
    I actually like to use 3rd person for archery, it is pretty fun and looks awesome. 1st person for other types of combat
    • 377 posts
    December 21, 2012 6:36 PM EST

I spend about 90% (or more) of my gameplay in 1st person. I hate playing in 3rd person, it's just so awkward.

• December 22, 2012 5:15 PM EST
    I prefer to fight melee on 3rd person and leaving 1st for bows and inspecting/looting/stealing because I could SE behind in 3rd and not get ambushed I think... Unless I'm back on a wall then I switch to 1st person and get into the action.
    I hate that you hold weapons differently on both, and 2handers seem shorter on 1st
    • 78 posts
    December 23, 2012 11:10 PM EST
    Heh I like First person mostly especially for archery. 3rd person once in awhile because I love looking at myself! She's so damn gorgeous!
    • 3 posts
    December 24, 2012 2:52 AM EST

First person. I hate the zoomed in over the shoulder third person that blocks your view of the left side of the screen in this game. At the very beginning of the game it is zoomed out and just slightly over the shoulder (so I stay in third person until I get the dragonstone), if they had kept that perspective I would always play in third person.

• January 13, 2013 3:57 AM EST

Well I have it for console and PC. For console I definitely use first person, but for PC I like to keep switching it up. Same as most it seems, archery 1st person, melee 3rd person. for exploring I prefer 3rd person however just because of some of the mods I use it looks better, small cutscenes and such, being able to see footprints, etc,