Forums » General Gaming

Amazing Psychotic Games

• 131 posts
    December 18, 2012 8:26 PM EST

I have no idea why I picked that title but I guess it works. So anyway I was looking through my games when I came across Alice: Madness Returns. I don't know how many people have played Alice but I have to say (completely biased mind you) it is quiet the game. Which led me to wonder, what other games are there that have a sick and twisted story but have a jaw dropping aspect.

For me Alice was jaw dropping due to its beautiful artwork despite the story goes that Wonderland is becoming corrupted by the presence of something. For obvious reasons and not wanting to spoil the game for those who haven't played...that's all I'm saying.

So what about it guys and gals? What games you played that have a slightly sick and twisted storyline behind the amazing artwork/gameplay/etc.?

• 1913 posts
    December 18, 2012 8:27 PM EST
    Dark souls
    • 131 posts
    December 18, 2012 8:28 PM EST

I haven't gotten to play Dark Souls yet. I've heard it was a pretty good game worth renting at least.

• 23 posts
    December 18, 2012 8:32 PM EST

If playstation one games are not out of the question... gems such as jade cocoon and grandia are well worth playing.

or the summoner series on playstation 2....

• 1913 posts
    December 18, 2012 8:34 PM EST
    If you want to watch a playthrough of it search "derp souls by squiiddish". His feeling on what was happening during the game are pretty close to my feelings and he's pretty funny
    • 23 posts
    December 18, 2012 8:41 PM EST

I have to say that title is horrible, and I'm hoping it is not an indication of his humour :P

though I will check it out, thanks ^^

• 1913 posts
    December 18, 2012 8:49 PM EST
    He doesn't say that he deeps around or things like that, he just did it for a stupid title. He completed the game and now did a new game+ (start game over with same character, but all enemies are extremely tougher) and he named the new series "herp souls". I don't like the title myself but his videos are so funny in my opinion that it doesn't matter
    • 131 posts
    December 18, 2012 8:55 PM EST

Never heard of them. I never really got much when growing up involving the PS/PS2. The most "scary" or difficult game I ever got was Jak 2 >.> I'll have to give these two a look.

• 23 posts
    December 18, 2012 9:04 PM EST

summoner one > summoner two in the same way that dao > da2 Or Morrowind > Skyrim

note: by > I don't neccesarily mean better than, I mean the series progressed in a similiar way, the originals are the stat heavy rpg beasts, and the sequels have been toned down a bit and a more user friendly.

Though story wise, I think the original summoner was one of my favourite ever.

Also, these are obscure little known games I'm bringing up, i'd be surprised if ANYONE on this blog has played jade cocoon :p

• 23 posts
    December 18, 2012 9:06 PM EST

Fair enough, I was expecting a meme cliche'd lets play (like most are) when I read that title :P

I've played... either dark souls or demon souls, whichever came out first ( I always get confused) a little before :P, but  I enjoy watching lets plays

• 1913 posts
    December 18, 2012 9:13 PM EST
    Demon souls came out before, then dar souls, and now dark souls 2 is coming out soon
    • 23 posts
    December 19, 2012 12:35 AM EST

Then its demon souls I played half of ;)

• 952 posts
    December 19, 2012 1:39 PM EST

Sainst Row: The Third.

• 131 posts
    December 19, 2012 1:49 PM EST

Is that really considered a "psychotic game"? Though it was a good game indeed. <3

• 952 posts
    December 19, 2012 1:55 PM EST

Well try playing it like a fat Eastern-European trucker type of person with a big mold on his face. Then start doing all that acrobatic sh*t and shooting up people.

• 131 posts
    December 19, 2012 2:00 PM EST

Fair enough o_o I always played as the "good guy" so I never considered it I guess.

• 952 posts
    December 19, 2012 2:02 PM EST

A good guy? I only did the good thing during the final mission. Killbane isn't important anymore anyway.

• 131 posts
    December 19, 2012 2:10 PM EST

The options that brought less destruction and more to my crew.

• 952 posts
    December 19, 2012 2:17 PM EST

I always chose for the same, but just because I didn't feel like killing a lot off usefull people/buildings.

• 377 posts
    December 19, 2012 2:57 PM EST

lol ya I played a some blank eyed, crimson skined, naked devil. I was definitely psychotic.

• 131 posts
    December 19, 2012 2:59 PM EST

I'm not sure this is as psychotic but it is pretty dark...mind my pun please...Darksiders and Darksiders 2. I played the first one quiet a bit and loved the feeling. It felt to me like God of War meets LoZ and several other games thrown in.

• 577 posts
    December 20, 2012 12:35 AM EST

You should check out Dead Space. Pretty intense game. Great feeling of isolation and creepiness.....I guess it's "psychotic"...on the players mind

• 131 posts
    December 20, 2012 12:14 PM EST

I've played the first but I've heard the second had to be the scariest of all 3 games. It really is creepy no matter how many times I've played.

• 1913 posts
    December 20, 2012 12:28 PM EST
    Actually the first is the scariest, the second one was scary to me but I jump at the slightest things
    • 131 posts
    December 20, 2012 5:03 PM EST

I remember putting Dead Space into my Xbox for the first time. It doesn't help when you have a fear of the dark.