Forums » The Lounge

21ST December - The end of...?

• 952 posts
    December 19, 2012 4:51 PM EST

Not the whole alien thing again.

-Those carvings aren't probarly the same but similar, their meaning could be entirely different but people who want to see plots and mystery everywhere just take the fact that they look similar and tear it out of it's actual context.

-The same stories all over the world. Well, there's lots of people on this world, and all off us are similar so the stories we tell are pretty similar as well, especially when there have been literally millions of stories and only the best ones are remembered so keep passing on from person to person.

-A map of the world dated from before there was a real map of the world is impossible. How is it dated, did they use C14 isotopes on it? Where was it kept untill they found it? If it was kept in a normal populised environment they C14 isotope test is pretty inaccurate and could be wrong by quite some time.

-The elongated skulls could be from people with a misformation of the skull, or even other apes so they don't have to be human. They even could have found some Neanderthaler or other remains back then and used those to keep people believing in whatever they want.

-That our DNA is 99% similar to everything else that lives on this planet makes sense doesn't it? The requirements for organs and everything to work need to be pretty similar for each animal or they wouldn't even be alive so yes, it's pretty similar for living creatures.

-A big bone. That's all? Many creatures larger than humans have extremely similar bones, why should this one be from an actuall human?

I know you don't believe in the end of the world, but each time you come here with all those "stupid" stories I just have to tell my opinion on it.

• 4 posts
    December 19, 2012 5:22 PM EST

I would save a lot of money by going to China after Egypt, then to Peru.

I think you have watched Prometheus, National Treasure, and the Nostradamus special on the History Channel too many times. But if you really think its going to end, drop your stuff off at my place so I can enjoy it for a few more hours.

And if the world is going to end, is there anything we can do about it anyway besides bend over and kiss our ass goodbye?

• 4 posts
    December 19, 2012 5:23 PM EST

Y2K was about technology kickin the bucket, not the earth getting destroyed. The States were still freaking out when the rest of the world said they were okay.... So ... yea

• December 19, 2012 5:24 PM EST

• 4 posts
    December 19, 2012 5:25 PM EST

Either that or we could take the South Park route and say aliens planted it there to mess with us to get good ratings for their tv program

• 4 posts
    December 19, 2012 5:26 PM EST

exactly

• 23 posts
    December 19, 2012 5:37 PM EST

... "You actually believe the illuminati exist?"

"I believe giants existed" "Human dna is 99 percent different to everything else"

... *facepalm*.

• 952 posts
    December 19, 2012 5:41 PM EST

They do and did excist, just like the free masons excist, the Knights Templar probarly still excist and some other dissident groups of people. If people keep passing down their zealous beliefs onto their childen and family those groups won't just dissapear.

• 54 posts
    December 19, 2012 6:47 PM EST

Same type of hype

• 23 posts
    December 19, 2012 6:50 PM EST

Sorry should have clarified, These where all quotes from ryan.

I'm saying... He thinks its funny that someone believes in the illumaniti like thats ridiculous, but he believes in half angel giants.

Also that he believes human dna is 99 percent different to everything else... when its like.... a 96 percent match to a chimp? (don't quote me on that, I'm no dna expert)

• 66 posts
    December 19, 2012 7:48 PM EST

Not to be a fear monger or anything but what freaks me out is the way the under-educated masses will behave on 21 Dec. People will be throwing "end of the world" parties most of which will likely be very civil; however a select few will have a few individuals who decide that the idiocy is "true" and will likely engage in behaviour detrimental to others, such as criminal acts, under the misapprehension that the world is ending so they can't get in trouble.

The mayan long count calendar was a tremendous achievement in ancient mathematics, rolling over to coincide with an exact date (with whatever meaning they needed to attach to it, no relation to events in our civilization).

• 238 posts
    December 19, 2012 8:15 PM EST

they are the same. i have seen them. 

sigh. ok whatever you say, we just look for mysteries. 

you closed minded people are always right. you know everything there is to know so that means anything that is unbelievable is cut off as impossible. its an absolute joke that you cant come onto a forum and discuss something without someone slating and mocking you. 

yep your right the carvings are prob just something else. no way could it be a helicopter wise up ryan and millions of others that arent deluded.

il leave you with the carving then, though its prob something else they had right? 

• 238 posts
    December 19, 2012 8:17 PM EST

where did i say it was funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no i think you will find i simply asked a question ! 

• 377 posts
    December 19, 2012 9:13 PM EST

Okay Ryan, I need sources. You're hearing all these things but they are probably all bogus. Sources, I need sources.

Did you know that many ancient civilizations have their version of the Great Flood story? Did the Annunaki tell them this story? Probably not. Did "God" tell them the story? Probably not.

If extraterrestrials visited ancient common peoples, interacted with them, shared stories, and whatever else, it begs the question as to why they aren't doing that now to the common people? Instead in our current time we associate aliens to being abductors, conducting tests and probing. This needs to make some coherent logic, some type of connection, behavioral patterns, and it just doesn't. A whole superior race, higher intelligence, better technology, just dies off?

On the Aquarian Age - Do you know how to read the Mayan Calendar, or are you just going off of what people tell is their interpretation. Yes, the Mayans studied the skies, but they ain't the ones interpreting that calendar to you. If you go to a paranoid and panicked conspiracy site, that is what they will tell you, paranoia and panic.

Whether or not Christianity is dying off, the Age of Aquarius is technically starting around 2600 based on the counting of 2150 years for each individual age, according to the International Astrological Union. Now whether they have it wrong or not, I don't know. I'm not an astrologist. Neither are the conspiracy and doomsday nuts.

It's very interesting how you pick and choose what you want to believe in. You say you don't believe in the "Apocalypse non-sense" yet the anti-christ and return of a god/messiah are the center piece to that whole mess. There is a way to know, though you may not lay it much credence. But it's there, and it's descriptive enough to know what to look for.

Do I believe the Illuminati exist? No idea. It could be a tale that the conspiracy nuts like to play up.

Regarding the Annunaki, I'd really like to see some sources.

• 377 posts
    December 19, 2012 9:38 PM EST

Those working in the Human Genome Project claimed that our DNA is 96 percent compatible with chimps. They based their claims on the DNA which encodes protein. This only represents 2 percent of the human genome. Of that 2 percent, they were only able to use a portion that was directly compatible. This means that out of our 2 percent it is concluded that we are 96 percent chimps.

• 377 posts
    December 19, 2012 9:42 PM EST

I have a thought along those lines. I'm wondering how many idiots will commit suicide in the days following because "doomsday" is coming.

• 38 posts
    December 20, 2012 1:49 AM EST

I'm not sure what to think, so I'll just be observant tomorrow

maybe the guy writing was interrupted and didn't get back to it

• 952 posts
    December 20, 2012 10:48 AM EST

I'm one off the more open minded people out there, but in no way am I naive like you. I'm a down to earth person, who sees facts and uses logic to make sense and not some vague things that could be photoshopped and have no proof off authenticity. And that helicoper you see, well, I see a city wall with a gate, a tower and further away another wall or major building. If that picture is authentic in the first place since there thousands off fake pictures out there.

• 285 posts
    December 20, 2012 11:14 AM EST
    Hmm, what about a few temples around the world which would be difficult to make with our technology? Tools the ancient didn't have?
    • 952 posts
    December 20, 2012 11:34 AM EST
    The whole impossibe to make with tools story is a big fat lie. They are made with quite simple tools that have been around for millenia.
    • 285 posts
    December 20, 2012 1:19 PM EST
    The thing is, they could make it, just not as straight and perfect as the items are.
    • 966 posts
    December 20, 2012 1:21 PM EST

Don't underastimate the ancient civilizations. In some areas they were actually still more advanced or skilled than us. Dispite lack of technology.

• 952 posts
    December 20, 2012 1:27 PM EST

Perfect? They build on those buildings for dozens of years, some took over centuries. That's enough time to make it look perfect to anyone. And don't forget the manpower those buildings tended to cost to build, with that many people it isn't that much at all.

• 238 posts
    December 20, 2012 2:05 PM EST

if you dont see that as a helicopter then there really is no hope. jeez open minded my merunes gate.

• 952 posts
    December 20, 2012 2:06 PM EST

I certainly see a shape relatively similar to a helicopter, but I just gave a pretty good and more probable alternative. Don't get me wrong, I'm not blind.